1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 02:06
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I believe the situation is that sonship has claimed that Jesus is walking the earth again in the daily walk of certain people but he won't give any examples and won't even claim that Jesus is walking the earth again in his own daily walk. Therefore it is unclear what he means. That is the situation. And that is what my question is about.
    Jesus walks the earth in all believers who are faithful, and walking by the spirit. It is not complicated.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 02:10
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    Jesus walks the earth in all believers who are faithful, and walking by the spirit. It is not complicated.
    Be that as it may, but I think other people here dodging the question happens because of quite complicated psychological reasons.

So, if I may ask, when I read your posts on the Debate Forum, for example, am I witnessing Jesus "walking the earth again in your daily walk"?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 03:461 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Preachers who just preach lip service to Christ,

Your slandering lying is sickening.
    I with the Bible have showed calling on the Lord is mentioned hundreds of times.

You in your lying have accused this of "just preach lip service."
    You must hate hundreds of passages on using our mouths to come into contact with God.

like what you do will fall into this category.

I am in the same category of the Apostle Paul who wrote Romans 10.

And it includes that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord believing on Him "will not be put to shame."

Satan is using you to discourage people from calling on the Lord Jesus to believe on Him.

"For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame.

For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all[[]and rich[/i] to all who call upon Him;

For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:11-13)

You are a preacher of sin and evil.. because you say that even the most vile and grievous of sins will not bar him from entry into the Kingdom of God. Your doctrine encourages complacency and promotes a fatal 'do nothing' philosophy among those who listen to you.

Like the New Testament I teach to call on the name of the Lord to experience that He is RICH. In your blind lying ignorance you slander those who teach to come into the RICHES of His life by contacting Him, calling with belief.

True followers of Christ will be wary of your types.

Followers of Jesus should all know that we were saved not according to our works which we have done, but according to His own mercy and grace given to us in Christ Jesus.

" ... suffer evil with the gospel according to the power of God;

Who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before the times of the ages." (Second Timothy 8b,9)

And don't presume to quote Matthew 7:21,22 to me because I was well aware of it probably before you were.

It says many will SAY Lord, Lord in that day.
    And it says not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord will enter into the kingdom of the heavens

It is one thing to merely SAY Lord.
    It is another thing to CALL upon the Lord to experience the "riches" of the Lord.

" For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame."

It does not say that everyone who believes on Him will never undergo any discipline.

Anyway, we have on the continents of the world living vibrant models of communities of thousands who call on the name of the Lord to get into the riches of His life.
    As far as I can tell you have not even a single other believer you associate with who belches out in harmony with you the rotten garbage you put forth here.

While I freely indicate where I meet with other Christians you're secretive and ashamed to indicate anything besides your armchair solitary opposition to believing in Christ to receive the riches of Christ.

Anyone interested?
    The church in Dunn Loring Virginia:

http://churchindunnloring.org/
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 03:54
    Originally posted by @sonship
    ...we have on the continents of the world living vibrant models of communities of thousands who call on the name of the Lord to get into the riches of His life..
    What do they do apart from "call on the name of the Lord"?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 04:272 edits
    Romans 8 is an excellent to resurrect two birds with one stone.

In this chapter we can see both using the uttering of groaning to blend in with the Holy Spirit utterly FOR the walking with Christ, manifesting Him in our daily lives.

First the passage on walking:

"That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not WALK according to the flesh but according to the spirit." (Rom. 8:4)

The Recovery Version has a small s [human, regenerated] spirit because WITH that "organ" is the Holy Spirit of God, as seen in verse 16 -

"The Spirit Himself [capital S] bears witness with our spirit [small s] that we are the children of God." (v.16)

The walking of Jesus on the earth again in the believers is the walking of them according to the mingled spirit - the human spirit born again WITH the indwelling Holy Spirit the Third of the Triune God.

Now we have the usage of groaning to enhance this bond for this walking.

"Moreover in like manner the Spirit also joins in to help us in our weakness, for we do not know for what we should pray as is fitting, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

But He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to God." (Rom. 8:26,27)

Calling "O Lord, O Lord Jesus" or calling "Abba Father! Abba Father!" is an example of the "groaning" Paul is speaking of. And this involves the mouth.

It involves the mouth and the believing heart and the indwelling Holy Spirit joining in to HELP us walk in God.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 04:30
    It involves the mouth and the believing heart and the indwelling Holy Spirit joining in to HELP us walk in God.
    What do Christians have to do in their "walk" for it to be what you claim is a "walk in God"?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 04:432 edits
    Before I elaborate on the Holy Spirit joining in to help us WALK according to the Spirit - a little diversion.

The church was definitely Jesus again on the earth - this time IN His believers, When Saul of Tarsus was persecuting the church in Jerusalem Jesus appeared to him from Heaven asking Saul WHY he was persecuting HIM [Jesus].

" And he fell on the ground and heard a voice saying to him, Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?

And he said, Who are you, Lord? And He said I am Jesus, whom you persecute." (Acts 9:4,5)

Notice what Jesus did not merely [edited] say.
    He did not say "Why are you persecuting My people".
    He did not say "Why are you persecuting My church."
    Or He did not say "Why are you persecuting My disciples, My followers, My lovers, or My servants."

He said that Paul was persecuting HIM - Jesus Christ.

This proves that in God's eyes the church in Jerusalem was Jesus on earth again IN His disciples. Saul began his opposition in Jerusalem and was carrying it on to Damascus,

Christ considered Paul's persecution of the church on the earth as Saul's persecuting of Himself - Jesus.

"I am Jesus, whom you persecute.

But rise up and enter into the city, and it will be told to you what you must do." (v.5,6)
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 05:01
    As far as I can tell you have not even a single other believer you associate with who belches out in harmony with you the rotten garbage you put forth here.
    Is you saying this to a fellow follower of Christ, with whom you happen to disagree over doctrine, an example of "Jesus walking on earth again in your daily walk" and an example of you becoming like Christ?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 05:211 edit
    Is you saying this to a fellow follower of Christ, with whom you happen to disagree over doctrine, an example of "Jesus walking on earth again in your daily walk" and an example of you becoming like Christ?
    It would be nice to see some recognition of the source, the minister who first propagated sonship's message in this thread.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 05:24
    What God wants today is for Jesus to walk on earth again.
    Last time I looked, he was walking on water. Wasn't he?
    Perhaps it's time to let this 'miracle' go where all other fairy tales go.
    It's time because even God wants him to stop walk on water but stay on the safe earth.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 11:03
    Be that as it may, but I think other people here dodging the question happens because of quite complicated psychological reasons.

So, if I may ask, when I read your posts on the Debate Forum, for example, am I witnessing Jesus "walking the earth again in your daily walk"?
    I try to stay faithful but no one is walking by the spirit all the time. In fact, 1John says that if we say we have no sin, we are liars.
    The Lord will convict his people and they will repent, or at least they should.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 11:15
    What God wants today is for Jesus to walk on earth again. This time He walks in His believers whom He is praying for perpetually and without end.

This is not man imitating Jesus. But this is Jesus dispensed into a group of people from every nation, every tribe, every tongue, every class of culture, every kind of situation - Jesus walking the earth again IN the daily walk of those for whom He is interceding.
    What God wants today. So now YOU think you know the 'mind' of god?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 11:18
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    I try to stay faithful but no one is walking by the spirit all the time.
    Thanks for your answer. Once again, if I may ask, can you cite a few of your posts (or a thread) on the Debate Forum where you believe I am witnessing Jesus "walking the earth again in your daily walk" and then cite a few posts/a thread where you believe you are not "walking by the spirit"? It's all stuff in the public domain, so I am not asking for any secret information. Your answer would provide an example of what this thread is ostensibly about in the context of attitudes and behaviour here in this community.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 12:092 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse

And you cannot know something of the mind of God also ?
    That I will not accept.

I simply do not accept that YOU ALSO cannot [edited] open up the Bible and get at least SOME idea of the mind of God.

WHY ... do you think He gave us His WORD ?
    It is that we may know something of the mind of God!

Did I miss something ?

You start here - knowing something of God's thoughts concerning ourselves personally . If you do not resist knowing something of God's mind towards you personally, God will be faithful, seeing that you do well with the limited light He gave you, to go on and give more understanding of His mind.

A good prayer for those who will not tolerate being completely in the dark concerning the mind of God when the Bible is given to us:

" Lord Jesus, I do not accept that I am so ignorant of the mind of God. Lord Jesus I will not tolerate this ignorance, Lord You MUST illuminate me some that I may know Your mind in some capacity.

Make me more normal as a recipient of Your word. Allow me also to know something of the mind of God."
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 12:18
    Originally posted by @sonhouse

The mind of God that I know is in great matters. In matters concerning His eternal purpose.

You should not think that by "the mind of God" I would be referring to minor mundane things like where I should be employed or where I should buy a house or what automobile I should purchase.

"You know the mind of God ?? "

But the mind of God concerning His eternal purpose is disclosed to us in the Bible.

C'mon. Does this not tell us something of the mind of God ?

"And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of heaven and over the cattle and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.

and God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." (Genesis 1:26.27)

That tells us SOMETHING of what is on God's mind.
    On God's mind is that man - humanity would represent God in image and in deputy authority over His creation.

Whether we have fallen from the mind of God is another matter.

The mind of God is revealed to us in the New Testament even more so.

" Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth even as it is in heaven"

The man in God's image and the dominion of God's kingdom needs to be recovered in the earth. This has always been the mind of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree