1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 13:28
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You must ask eventually " Is this a steward of encouragement and good hope or of just blame and condemnation?"
    You should ask yourself if you are a steward of encouragement and good hope or one of listening to the sound of your own voice, laced with blame and condemnation.

I see you pitching yourself to Christians who have already declared themselves "forgiven", already declared themselves "saved", and already declared themselves "immortal".

You are not pitching anything to anyone else. And you blame "Satan" and you dish out the condemnation to dissenters and non-believers alike - you even throw in the eternal torture threat from time to time.

You have worked for years here to create for yourself an echo chamber to your liking. Are you really a steward of encouragement and good hope?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 13:35
    Originally posted by @sonship
    What God wants today is for Jesus to walk on earth again. This time He walks in His believers whom He is praying for perpetually and without end.

This is not man imitating Jesus. But this is Jesus dispensed into a group of people from every nation, every tribe, every tongue, every class of culture, every kind of situation - Jesus walking the earth again IN the daily walk of those for whom He is interceding.
    Yes indeed! And even the Devil knows it.
    I believe this is why....
    1 Cor 2:7-8
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    NKJV
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 14:08
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    [b]1 Cor 2:7-8
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    NKJV
    [/b]
    Are you calling sonship The Devil?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Is Jesus "walking the earth again in the daily walk" of Eladar?
    Your question is based on your incorrect assumption of how to determine one who knows God.

Have you asked if Jesus walks with Suzi yet? Didn't read the thread.

In any case Jesus is not in anyone, but the holy spirit is in some.

Each and every person is an image of God. Prrhaps this fits the topic of the thread.

Where two or more meet in Jesus name, he is there too.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 18:27
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Your question is based on your incorrect assumption of how to determine one who knows God.
    My question is based on what sonship is saying. Take it up with him.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 20:27
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    [b]1 Cor 2:7-8
    NKJV
    [/b]

1 Cor 2:7-8

NKJV

I'll tell you something else that the Devil knows. He knows that John SAW him in the lake of fire totally damned and defeated forever.

John also already SAW all the believers transformed, conformed, resurrected, glorified and built up into the holy city New Jerusalem.

We need sometimes to remind the Devil that from the transcendent viewpoint of God over all time - God's will is completed and Satan is already in utter defeat. He knows it. We should remind him of it.

John, in Revelation already was lifted up above time and history and got a prophetic glimpse into the future. There he saw all of us believers as the habitation of God New Jerusalem. And there he already witnessed that the Devil is cast into the lake of fire.

TELL him!
    REMIND him!

"And the devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where also the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever." (Revelation 20:10)

As for we who have trusted in Jesus Christ, John already SAW us built up into God and God built into us.

" And I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. " (Rev. 21:22)

Both the place of eternal worship AND the habitation of God have become one corporate "city" a living "temple" where God and man are united - blended - incorporated - mingled into one.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 20:38
    Jesus told His disciples that greater things would they do, who believe in Him.

" Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes into Me, the works which I do he shall do also, and greater than these he shall do because I go to the Father." (John 14:12)

I use to think that these were only sensational things of a miraculous nature. But then it dawned upon me that "great" as in "greater things" is great according to God's view.

We may not think to live Christ is "great". But in the eyes of God for us fallen sinners to believe in Jesus, receive Him, and walk on the earth manifesting Him in even the mundane and routine areas of human life is "greater" in the eyes of God.

Do not think that to walk on water is the only greater thing that Jesus meant. He meant to walk to school in the enjoyment of His presence. He meant to walk in rejoicing in the face of adversity. He meant to walk on your job with God flowing from you spontaneously and un-self consciously as you perform your duties.

To forgive one another in the church life and be built up together are definitely part of the "greater things" . To woo the Lord Jesus back to this earth after many centuries of Him being in Heaven interceding for the saints are part of the "greater things".

What an unspeakable honor it is to walk in the Spirit of Jesus Christ by faith.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 20:401 edit
    " Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes into Me, the works which I do he shall do also, and greater than these he shall do because I go to the Father." (John 14:12)

Why did Jesus add this - "because I go to the Father" ?

How is His going to the Father related to the Christians doing greater things ?

" ... and greater than these he shall do because I go to the Father." (John 14:12)
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 20:57
    Here is ground in the Bible to believe that Jesus Christ will walk on earth again IN His believers. We only need to stop limiting Him.

Second Corinthians 6:16 a few translations -

King James Bible
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    And what agreement does the Temple of God have with demons? But you are the Temple of THE LIVING GOD, just as it is said, “I shall dwell in them and I shall walk in them, and I shall be their God, and they shall be a people to me.”

NET Bible
    And what mutual agreement does the temple of God have with idols? For we are the temple of the living God, just as God said, "I will live in them and will walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

New Heart English Bible
    What agreement has a temple of God with idols? For we are a temple of the living God. Even as God said, "I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Some versions, including my favorite, the RcV say "walk among them" . I think it amounts to the same thing. Christ walks on earth again in and among His saints who normally partake of His grace and salvation.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 21:07
    My question is based on what sonship is saying. Take it up with him.
    That Jesus is in everyone?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 00:01
    That Jesus is in everyone?
    Direct you questions about the whole notion that "Jesus is walking again" in people to sonship.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 00:51
    Direct you questions about the whole notion that "Jesus is walking again" in people to sonship.
    Again I ask, is Jesus in everyone? I am asking what you believe is being said.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 01:08
    Again I ask, is Jesus in everyone? I am asking what you believe is being said.
    I am not a Christian, Eladar, so asking me " is Jesus in everyone?" is you just being obtuse. I'm asking a Christian where (or in whom) can I see an example of what he is claiming.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 01:18
    I am not a Christian, Eladar, so asking me " is Jesus in everyone?" is you just being obtuse. I'm asking a Christian where (or in whom) can I see an example of what he is claiming.
    Once again, I am asking what you believe is the situation based on your question.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '17 01:25
    Once again, I am asking what you believe is the situation based on your question.
    I believe the situation is that sonship has claimed that Jesus is walking the earth again in the daily walk of certain people but he won't give any examples and won't even claim that Jesus is walking the earth again in his own daily walk. Therefore it is unclear what he means. That is the situation. And that is what my question is about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree