1. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 21:49
    Originally posted by Eladar
    With the voice of an archangel does not mean archangel.

If someone says that a singer has the voice of an angel, does that mean the person is an angel?
    I see so having the voice of an archangel means that you are something else and yet the scripture is quite specific!
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 22:171 edit
    Very technically speaking Jesus can indeed be called the voice of the Archangel so now what does this mean ? I'm convinced that the archangel is indeed Jesus so we have quandary so to speak or there is a misunderstanding of scripture. We know the word for angel in the koinia greek can mean messenger and angels were used as messengers
    also Michael Means captain or Prince of God so Michael the Archangel means the Chief messenger or Captain of God does Jesus not fit this bill ?

Manny
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 22:241 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Very technically speaking Jesus can indeed be called the voice of the Archangel so now what does this mean ? I'm convinced that the archangel is indeed Jesus so we have quandary so to speak or there is a misunderstanding of scripture. We know the word for angel in the koinia greek can mean messenger and angels were used as messengers
    also Michael Means ca ...[text shortened]... rchangel means the Chief messenger or Captain of God does Jesus not fit this bill ?

Manny
    Yes he does and I think like you say we have been conditioned into having a preconceived idea of not only what constitutes angel but we are somehow prejudiced against the idea that Christ could be a type of angel. There is only a single reference to an archangel in scripture and its made with reference to Christ. If we hold that an angel is simply a supernatural being, a spirit son of God, then surely Christ qualifies.
  4. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 22:27
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Hebrews 1

[i] In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by h ...[text shortened]... In multiple places in this text Jesus is described to be inherently different from the angels.
    Actually, if you consider all your ref. you can see that the Son of God is
    the Archangel. There is only one mentioned in the Bible, but he fits every scripture
    you cited.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 22:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes he does and I think like you say we have been conditioned into having a preconceived idea of not only what constitutes angel but we are somehow prejudiced against the idea that Christ could be a type of angel. There is only a single reference to an archangel in scripture and its made with reference to Christ. If we hold that an angel is simply a supernatural being, a spirit son of God, then surely Christ qualifies.
    I can't argue at all......

Manny
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 22:43
    Of course many will oh oh Manny's lost it and done become a JW 🙂

Manny
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:041 edit
    Jesus was and is a mighty spiritual being before and after he was a human, nothing you have said negates this reality. How are you going to explain this verse?

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, [b]with the voice of the archangel.
    1 Thess 4:16[/b]
    Hey.

Why in the world would it have to be inserted in the text?

I mean if he IS an archangel, why would the text need to specify he will have the voice of an archangel?? I understand you've never written anything of your own thoughts in your entire life, but even you can see this phrase would be completely unnecessary if he is indeed an archangel.

Like I've said before, I know you have to justify your weird beliefs, but come on.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:061 edit
    Originally posted by roigam
    Actually, if you consider all your ref. you can see that the Son of God is
    the Archangel. There is only one mentioned in the Bible, but he fits every scripture
    you cited.
    There is more than one archangel in the Bible.

And Jesus is not one of them.

As a matter of fact, the very verse you trot out to say he is "created", says that he is "first", "above", "over" ALL creation, even archangels.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Hey.

Why in the world would it have to be inserted in the text?

I mean if he IS an archangel, why would the text need to specify he will have the voice of an archangel?? I understand you've never written anything of your own thoughts in your entire life, but even you can see this phrase would be completely unnecessary if he is indeed an archangel.

Like I've said before, I know you have to justify your weird beliefs, but come on.
    your question is simply circular reasoning, illogical and ill conceived.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:09
    Originally posted by menace71
    also Michael Means ca ...[text shortened]... rchangel means the Chief messenger or Captain of God does Jesus not fit this bill ?

Manny
    When you say "we have a quandary", you mean "you have a quandary"...right?

Nothing on this topic is unclear to me.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There is more than one archangel in the Bible.

And Jesus is not one of them.

As a matter of fact, the very verse you trot out to say he is "created", says that he is "first", "above", "over" ALL creation, even archangels.
    really show us where there is another archangel mentioned.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:101 edit
    your question is simply circular reasoning, illogical and ill conceived.
    Have you decided which of the single and separate entities of either Jesus or Jehovah, is your ONE and only saviour of whom Jehovah talks about all through the prophet Isaiah and of whom he says "I am your saviour and besides me there is NO other"?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:121 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester

you appear to me to be like the chessboard bishop which the French call le fou, the fool because it only travels on a single colour or sees its own perspective.
  14. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:131 edit

well it comes to down to looking at the text and words of the original language truthfully so
    I do not really have a problem with understand Jesus being one and the same as the " Archangel of God " That being said that does not mean Jesus is literally an Angel as in the beings that God created called the angels

Manny
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:131 edit
    Have you decided which of the single and separate entities of either Jesus or Jehovah, is your ONE and only saviour of whom Jehovah talks about all through the prophet Isaiah and of whom he says "I am your saviour and besides me there is NO other"?
    I have already answered this is another thread, the one about who is a Christian, I suggest that you look there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree