1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:39
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    your question is simply circular reasoning, illogical and ill conceived.
    So... you don't know.

Okay, noted.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '16 23:49
    I see so having the voice of an archangel means that you are something else and yet the scripture is quite specific!
    She has the voice of an angel means the singer is actually an angel?

It is a yes no question robbie.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 00:19
    I have already answered this is another thread, the one about who is a Christian, I suggest that you look there.
    I will when I get chance; we've had a festivity going on in our house.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 00:26
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So... you don't know.

Okay, noted.
    You were telling us about the other archangels mentioned in the Bible, were you not?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 00:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I will when I get chance; we've had a festivity going on in our house.
    Fine.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 00:302 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    She has the voice of an angel means the singer is actually an angel?

It is a yes no question robbie.
    This does not answer why Christ comes with the voice of an archangel and try as i might to get the answer from you, you seem rather unwilling or unable to tell to tell us.

As to your question when someone says she has the voice of an angel its simply using a figure of speech a simile. Are you telling us that the Bible author is using a figure of speech when he describes Christ as coming with the voice of an archangel?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 00:411 edit
    This does not answer why Christ comes with the voice of an archangel and try as i might to get the answer from you, you seem rather unwilling or unable to tell to tell us.

As to your question when someone says she has the voice of an angel its simply using a figure of speech a simile. Are you telling us that the Bible author is using a figure of speech when he describes Christ as coming with the voice of an archangel?
    Figure of speech? Or similar sounding enough that people who do not hear archangels that the connection is made. You make are making an assumption.

If the text said....

Jesus the archangel, then I would agree with you. Given what the text actually says, you are making a statement of faith not a statement of what the text says.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 01:011 edit
    Figure of speech? Or similar sounding enough that people who do not hear archangels that the connection is made. You make are making an assumption.

If the text said....

Jesus the archangel, then I would agree with you. Given what the text actually says, you are making a statement of faith not a statement of what the text says.
    She has a voice of an angel is a figure of speech. My goodness, what do you think it is? You are bereft of reasoning, you cannot tell us why it is written that Christ comes with the voice of an archangel and clearly its not because the author is employing a figure of speech, You have nothing and can tell us nothing!
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 01:22
    She has a voice of an angel is a figure of speech. My goodness, what do you think it is? You are bereft of reasoning, you cannot tell us why it is written that Christ comes with the voice of an archangel and clearly its not because the author is employing a figure of speech, You have nothing and can tell us nothing!
    Looks like you are too brainwashed to deal with at the moment.

Maybe one day God will allow you to see the light, but it appears this is not the day.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 01:34
    Looks like you are too brainwashed to deal with at the moment.

Maybe one day God will allow you to see the light, but it appears this is not the day.
    You cannot tell us anything and yet here you are pontificating about light and God. Take a look at yourself first after all its only the Christian thing to do.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '16 02:29
    You cannot tell us anything and yet here you are pontificating about light and God. Take a look at yourself first after all its only the Christian thing to do.
    Go back and read Hebrews 1-2 and you will see that Jesus is described as something other than an angel.

Since at the moment you are blind, I will assume you still can't see it.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 12:071 edit
    Go back and read Hebrews 1-2 and you will see that Jesus is described as something other than an angel.

Since at the moment you are blind, I will assume you still can't see it.
    yes he is an archangel, something other than an angel. Nothing you have said refutes this and noting in Hebrews chapter 1 or 2 refutes it either. Blind, you cannot even acknowledge that Christ was a created being despite the Bible saying it unequivocally. Why is that?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 13:29
    Jesus was and is a mighty spiritual being before and after he was a human, nothing you have said negates this reality. How are you going to explain this verse?

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, [b]with the voice of the archangel.
    1 Thess 4:16[/b]
    More troubling is that Robbie thinks that the Lord is an archangel.
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 18:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Have you decided which of the single and separate entities of either Jesus or Jehovah, is your ONE and only saviour of whom Jehovah talks about all through the prophet Isaiah and of whom he says "I am your saviour and besides me there is NO other"?
    Jehovah God is the Creator, our heavenly Father.
    When Satan and mankind rebelled He purposed to resolve the questions
    raised by the rebels by providing a savoir.
    That is His first born Son, Christ Jesus.
    So which would say is the Savoir?
    Is it the literal propritiatory sacrifice or the One who provided him?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 21:183 edits
    You can say that Christ is the Angel.
    Of course the Angel of Jehovah in the Old Testament was used interchangeably with Jehovah God.

And once again, once again, in Zechariah 2:8-11 the Lord of hosts sends the Lord of hosts. In that passage Jehovah of hosts is both the Sender and the One Sent.

" For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye,

For I am now waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served them: and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me.

Give a ringing shout and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah.

And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people; and I will dwell in the midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you." (Zech. 2:8-11)

The Speaker is Jehovah of hosts.
    The One Sent is Jehovah of hosts.
    The One who sent Him is Jehovah of hosts.

The revelation of the Triune God in the Bible is probably never separated from what the Triune God DOES. What the Trinity IS is always closely related to what the Trinity does as God. Here God sends God. God is the one sent and you shall know that God has sent Him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree