1. Maryland
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 19:54
    To the Jews, you are not the chosen people. To the Christians, there was no virgin birth or resurrection, and to the Muslims, there are no virgins in heaven awaiting mad bombers or any one else for that matter. To all three religions, blasphemy is a victimless crime.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 20:07
    Originally posted by 667joe
    To the Jews, you are not the chosen people. To the Christians, there was no virgin birth or resurrection, and to the Muslims, there are no virgins in heaven awaiting mad bombers or any one else for that matter. To all three religions, blasphemy is a victimless crime.
    What is the point of your post please?
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 20:15
    All religions are wrong. Sorry I misspelled Christians.
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 20:17
    All religions are wrong. Sorry I misspelled Christians.
    That's a very generalised statement. Do you mean you don't aprove of any or you are athiest or you think religion dose nothing but cause wars?
  5. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 20:42
    Originally posted by yo its me
    That's a very generalised statement. Do you mean you don't aprove of any or you are athiest or you think religion dose nothing but cause wars?
    It could be (and likely is) neither of those two.

I suspect he simply meant that all religions are factually wrong in their beliefs.
  6. Maryland
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 21:13
    Religions are based on false assumptions and should not be given a free pass just because they are religions.
  7. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 21:15
    Religions are based on false assumptions and should not be given a free pass just because they are religions.
    They are religions because lots of people follow them that's not a free pass.
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 21:28
    A lot of people thought the earth was flat. That does not make it so. A lot of people thought the earth was the center of the universe. That does not make it so. A lot of people don't believe in evolution...etc. etc.........
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 21:32
    A lot of people thought the earth was flat. That does not make it so. A lot of people thought the earth was the center of the universe. That does not make it so. A lot of people don't believe in evolution...etc. etc.........
    But untill someone proved it wasn't so were they ridiculed for beleiving it?

Besides belief in a religion is very different to a science fact of theory. It's a whole way of life and I don't think you should just dismiss it like that.
  10. Maryland
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 21:38
    So you are saying a life based on self delusion is OK?
  11. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 21:39
    So you are saying a life based on self delusion is OK?
    What harm dose it do to you if I beleive that there is a God?
  12. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 21:58
    Well, that's how they graduated out of the cult phase, yes.

They get a free pass in the way that their beliefs without evidence are given respect many who have beliefs without evidence wouldn't get just because it's a "religion".

The popularity of the opinion isn't really evidence for its legitimacy.
  13. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 22:291 edit
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Well, that's how they graduated out of the cult phase, yes.

They get a free pass in the way that their beliefs without evidence are given respect many who have beliefs without evidence wouldn't get just because it's a "religion".

The popularity of the opinion isn't really evidence for its legitimacy.
    Just becasue it's a religion?! Why do you want to demean faith like that? Muslims face death if they leave it's not a choice of opnions for them. This is serious business and you dismiss it like that?

For people in their faith many have had all the proff they need. For others nothing is enough to prove God is real. For me I just know he is, that's what makes sense to me.

Each to their own, you don't beleive? Okay so you don't beleive, I don't have a problem with that.

The popularity of who's opnion? I bet if three doctors told you the same thing was their opnion you'd take note, it wouldn't be evidence but you'd assume they'd concidered their opnion carefully. Well, religious people (who had the choice) considered very carefully, this is their life afterall.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '08 22:41
    You mentioned three statments about each religion as a well known fact about the religion. And then you used these fact as a proof that they are wrong. And as you talk to Muslims like me, then I have to tell that your statement about Islam is not correct, a big lie, and there is no reference to it in Quran or Hadith. So you have to options now:

1- To prove that I'm wrong and show me where in Quran or Hadith that who ever bomb himself between other people will have 70 virgins in heaven.

2- To admit that you are wrong and your statment about Islam is not correct.

If you choosed option two then you have to search for another fact about Islam that you think will make it a blasphemy as you said.

Another important point is that CNN and similar media resources are not considered by Muslims as Islamic source. I don't watch CNN to know what Islam teaches.
  15. Maryland
    Moves
    14 Jul '08 00:20
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    You mentioned three statments about each religion as a well known fact about the religion. And then you used these fact as a proof that they are wrong. And as you talk to Muslims like me, then I have to tell that your statement about Islam is not correct, a big lie, and there is no reference to it in Quran or Hadith. So you have to options now:

1- To p ...[text shortened]... are not considered by Muslims as Islamic source. I don't watch CNN to know what Islam teaches.
    It has been well documented that Muslim suicide bombers believe they will receive 72 virgins in heaven as a reward for their deed. That, of course,is delusional. In fact the idea of heaven in all three religions is delusional.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree