1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 23:48
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so is God a democrat or a republican? my interest is in trying to understand the republican attitude? honestly Whodey i have really tried hard to get a handle on it. what shapes their values, what part has scripture played in this. I even invited my friend round only last week, who used to live in Baltimore to quiz him on what forges such a mental ...[text shortened]... criptural mentality with limited references to the politics. i for one would be quite grateful.
    God is neither a Democrat or Republican. Having said that, there are political issues that God favors. For example, the scriptures indicate that government is there to maintain societal order by disallowing stealing, killing, etc. My question is, should we include universal health care in the equation?

I have no problem giving to the poor. In fact, we are commanded to do so. Unfortunatly, paying ones taxes does not equate as charity, does it? Their is no charity in paying ones taxes just like those who receive them do not look at what they receive as charity. In short, if giving is mandated then it no longer is charity, it is an entitlement. You then rob the giver of giving and the receving party the gratitude for the gift. In fact, what is given is never enough.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 23:49
    so what has that got to do with secular politics?
    You had asked whether God was a republican or a demoncrat.

So I was wondering why you don't know what God is.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 23:50
    i a merely trying to understand the republican position, why God should take an interest in politics i really cannot say.
    How do you feel about abortion? How does God feel?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 23:522 edits
    Why should persons not benefit from the prosperity of their nation? What it has to do with God i do not know.[/b]
    Prosperity of the nation? How is being $13 trillion in debt prosperous? Debt enslaves, just as the Bible indicates. I don't think that God wishes us to be enslaved by other men. For example, I think that there was divine intervention to overthrow the Nazi regime.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 23:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    You had asked whether God was a republican or a demoncrat.

So I was wondering why you don't know what God is.
    i was being flippant
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 23:59
    i a merely trying to understand the republican position, why God should take an interest in politics i really cannot say.
    I would ask you, would you go into debt to give to the poor? If so, how much debt? My position is that we should not drown ourselves in debt to help those who go without because we will soon be in the same boat as they and unable to help them. You prabably are not aware of this, but the US pays in interest yearly for the national debt as much as the yearly costs for health care. Soon it will outgrow this figure and grow exponentially.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Where were you when Nancy Reagan was consulting occultic horoscopes in the White House ?
    I had heard about that, but I hear alot of things second hand.

Obama is a bold face liar.

It's too obvious.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    i was being flippant
    About God?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:01
    I had heard about that, but I hear alot of things second hand.

Obama is a bold face liar.

It's too obvious.
    I'm not too interested in individual "sins", rather, I'm most interested in policies that negatively effect society. We could go on and on about each others short comings, so what is the point?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    God is neither a Democrat or Republican. Having said that, there are political issues that God favors. For example, the scriptures indicate that government is there to maintain societal order by disallowing stealing, killing, etc. My question is, should we include universal health care in the equation?

I have no problem giving to the poor. In fact, we ...[text shortened]... ving and the receving party the gratitude for the gift. In fact, what is given is never enough.
    If you look at the scripture , Romans chapter thirteen, it was written to the Christians in Rome, because they were having a crisis of conscience because the Roman leaders were extremely immoral, Caligula was incestuous, Nero liked to have people killed while he ate dinner etc etc. Therefore was it proper to pay taxes to such persons. Paul states clearly that yes, the Christians were to honour the office of government by paying taxes because the government provided services, regardless of the individuals who were in office. If the government states that it wishes to allow health care then what is that to a Christian? You were counselled to simply pay your taxes and honour the office, its up to the government what they do with your taxes, that is why i do not understand this stance.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:02
    About God?
    duh, about your comments
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:072 edits
    (Romans 13:1-10)

Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.  Therefore he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will receive judgment to themselves.  For those ruling are an object of fear, not to the good deed, but to the bad. Do you, then, want to have no fear of the authority?

Keep doing good, and you will have praise from it;  for it is God’s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear: for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword; for it is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practising what is bad.  There is therefore compelling reason for you people to be in subjection, not only on account of that wrath but also on account of your conscience. For that is why you are also paying taxes; for they are God’s public servants constantly serving this very purpose.

Render to all their dues, to him who calls for the tax, the tax; to him who calls for the tribute, the tribute; to him who calls for fear, such fear; to him who calls for honor, such honor.  Do not you people be owing anybody a single thing, except to love one another; for he that loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. For the law code, “You must not commit adultery, You must not murder, You must not steal, You must not covet,” and whatever other commandment there is, is summed up in this word, namely, “You must love your neighbor as yourself.”  Love does not work evil to one’s neighbor; therefore love is the law’s fulfillment.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:09
    If you look at the scripture , Romans chapter thirteen, it was written to the Christians in Rome, because they were having a crisis of conscience because the Roman leaders were extremely immoral, Caligula was incestuous, Nero liked to have people killed while he ate dinner etc etc. Therefore was it proper to pay taxes to such persons. Paul states cl ...[text shortened]... up to the government what they do with your taxes, that is why i do not understand this stance.
    If we have the right to elect our leaders, then the state is providing us this right. It is just as lawful to vote as it is to pay your taxes. In short, if they provide us the means to oust the likes of people like Caligula, then do we not have the moral obligation to do so?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:10
    duh, about your comments
    I would still like to know why you believe as a Christian you shouldn't vote.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:13
    [b](Romans 13:1-10)

Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God.  
    So are people not placed their by voting as well? Could God not use us to place or oust leaders?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree