1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    If we have the right to elect our leaders, then the state is providing us this right. It is just as lawful to vote as it is to pay your taxes. In short, if they provide us the means to oust the likes of people like Caligula, then do we not have the moral obligation to do so?
    "If we have the right to elect our leaders, then the state is providing us this right."

Not true. The state does not bestow rights. We the people elect representatives who are sworn to uphold the constitution which states that we have inalienable rights.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:141 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I would still like to know why you believe as a Christian you shouldn't vote.
    I think the JW position is that the world political system is "satanic", thus they should not defile themselves by voting and participating in it. At the same time, however, there are politicies that this "satanic" world system employs, such as Obamacare, that is "good".
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:17
    its late guys, if i can be excused at present i can discuss these things in the morrow, suffice to say, that i have always felt, even prior to become a Christian, the utter futility of politics, 'here comes the new boss, same as the old boss'
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:19
    I'm not too interested in individual "sins", rather, I'm most interested in policies that negatively effect society. We could go on and on about each others short comings, so what is the point?
    I think the point is that if those who are elected turn out to be liars it has a direct effect on the kinds of policies that undermine the constitution.

Obama is a case in point.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:201 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its late guys, if i can be excused at present i can discuss these things in the morrow, suffice to say, that i have always felt, even prior to become a Christian, the utter futility of politics, 'here comes the new boss, same as the old boss'
    But politics is present in every aspect of human interaction whether it be at school or at work, or at church etc. I suppose there is room for arguement over the futility of anything man attempts devoid of the inspiration of God. 😉
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:21
    Maybe you shouldn't get your guidance from The Who.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    I think the JW position is that the world political system is "satanic", thus they should not defile themselves by voting and participating in it. At the same time, however, there are politicies that this "satanic" world system employs, such as Obamacare, that is "good".
    its not quite true, for we are counselled to honour the office, regardless of individuals, pay taxes etc, Its more to do with showing allegiance to Gods government as the King James version renders it, in others words Gods Kingdom. i will need to look it up, the official policy, i cannot honestly say at present, man i am wasted, but i really would like to understand your perspectives, especially from a scriptural point of view.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    who are you?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:22
    It's a teenage wasteland!! Their all wasted!!

Just kidding Robbie 😛
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:36
    [, man i am wasted,
    I knew it!! 😠
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:395 edits
    man i am wasted, but i really would like to understand your perspectives, especially from a scriptural point of view.[/b]
    Its pretty simple really. I am in favor of limited government, just as they had in Israel before the people demanded a king. They had no king nor government body, only judges to sort out the disputes among the people. Freedom is inate and when it is violated in any way we instinctively recoil just as one of our former patriots once uttered, "Give me liberty or give me death". If God does not impose himself on us then who are we to impose ourselves on others? Of course, this changes when we violate the freedoms of others, but how the redistribution of wealth has anything to do with violating the freedoms of others is beyond me. In fact, to redistribute wealth via the government mandates the violation of such freedoms. Soon people will be fined for not even having health insurance if they choose to do so for whatever reason. It will be challenged Constitutionally and probably disregarded, but know it is in violation of the ideas of a limited government invisioned by our Founding Fathers and a direct violation of the Constitution which our so called represetatives are called to uphold.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 00:57
    who are you?
    Nobody. 😞
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 01:11
    Why hasn't Rwingett responded to my thread yet? After all, I thought he proports to believe much of what Jim Wallace believes other than the fact he does not believe that there is a God.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 01:12
    Why hasn't Rwingett responded to my thread yet? After all, I thought he proports to believe much of what Jim Wallace believes other than the fact he does not believe that there is a God.
    Do you think Wallace believes in God?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 01:43
    Do you think Wallace believes in God?
    What I believe is of little consequence. He does, however, espouse to believe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree