1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 01:52
    Originally posted by @sonship
    [quote] [b]

Where in here does it say this does not apply to liberals ?
    If you could actually understand scripture and believed it you wouldn't be a liberal.

You add morality of man to God's truth. You are no different than the Jewish holy men who rejected Jesus.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 01:595 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    If they were written to you, you would not be blind and unable to discern what the words mean.
    If they were written to you, you would not be blind and unable to discern what the words mean.

Do you know what James meant when he said there is a demonic wisdom which comes from below.

" But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not boast and lie against the truth.

This wisdom is not that which descends from above, but is earthly, soulish, demonic. "(James 3:14-16)

You can be supposedly expounding about the Bible with a wisdom which earthly, of the fallen soul, and even demon inspired.

"But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, forbearing, compliant, full of mercy, and good fruit, impartial, without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." (v.17,18)

Do you ever get concerned that your "wisdom" is not coming from above but from below ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 02:031 edit
    Why are you telling me that it is arrogant for a Christian to agree with Ephesians 2:8,9 ?

That is a very theologically liberal stance that that book is not written for the benefit of me, a lover of Christ.

That last verse pertains to all those who love Christ in incorruptibility whether they are in the church in Ephesus or elsewhere.

"Grace be with ALL THOSE... who love our Lord Jesus Christ in incorruptibility." (Eph. 6:24)

So why this super liberal theology of yours that Ephesians isn't written to me ?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 02:05

Do you know what [b]James
    meant when he said there is a demonic wisdom which comes from below.

" But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not boast and lie against the truth.

This wisdom i ...[text shortened]... ]

Do you ever get concerned that your "wisdom" is not coming from above but below ?
    Do you really think the holy men who had Jesus killed were any less sure of their relationship with God than you?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 12:16
    Do you really think the holy men who had Jesus killed were any less sure of their relationship with God than you?

Now Ephesians 2:8,9 teaches how I am saved. I don't see there any cautionary note that the "holy men" who killed Jesus is a reason not to take that teaching seriously.

I see no reason to use the persecutors of Christ as a rationale to be wishy-washy about clear teaching of the New Testament concerning salvation.

You don't have the assurance of your salvation through faith by God's grace ?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 12:22

Do you think that not standing upon the assurance of salvation as taught in Ephesians 2:8,9 is humility ?

If you are a Christian and your conscience is washed in the blood of Christ, that would be false humility. False humility is ugly and also in rebellion.

It is also misleading for it says -

" ... you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God; Not of works that no one should boast."

Your attempt to be "humble" by assuming you're no better than the "holy men" who persecuted Jesus can do nothing. It is Christ's finished work. We just receive Him and receive what He has accomplished with faith.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 14:50

Now [b]Ephesians 2:8,9
    teaches how I am saved. I don't see there any cautionary note that the "holy men" who killed Jesus is a reason not to take that teaching seriously.

I see no reason to use the persecutors of ...[text shortened]... g salvation.

You don't have the assurance of your salvation through faith by God's grace ?[/b]
    Did the Bible tell those who claim him as lord but he rejects that they were saved too?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 15:11
    If you could actually understand scripture and believed it you wouldn't be a liberal.

You add morality of man to God's truth. You are no different than the Jewish holy men who rejected Jesus.
    If you understood scripture you'd see that the words "liberal" and "conservative" are as
    meaningless towards righteousness as blue eyes and brown. The heart of man is either
    in a state of serving God, or not. You can be a hateful liberal, or a hateful conservative, a
    loving liberal, or a loving conservative, because it is just people with man made labels
    placed upon them nothing more, something the enemy has placed upon us to get us to
    both hate some and love others, because doing that stops us from loving everyone.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 15:58
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    If you understood scripture you'd see that the words "liberal" and "conservative" are as
    meaningless towards righteousness as blue eyes and brown. The heart of man is either
    in a state of serving God, or not. You can be a hateful liberal, or a hateful conservative, a
    loving liberal, or a loving conservative, because it is just people with man made label ...[text shortened]... to get us to
    both hate some and love others, because doing that stops us from loving everyone.
    Liberal and consevative are meaningless terms unto themselves, but not as applied by US culture.

One of the major precepts of liberalism is the acceptance of evil. The liberal is misled into believing he can be a Christian by Jesus saying do not judge. It is a liberal statement taken at face value. Liberals believe that not casting stines means to accept sin and not judge.

They are blind and are misled.

Jesus instructs us to judge by fruits. Jesus tells people their sins are forgiven and to stop sinning.

Stop sinning and calling actions sin does not compute with liberals. Such statements are judgemental.

Understand what Jesus actually meant when he said don't cast stones and perhaps you'll begin to see.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 16:33
    Liberal and consevative are meaningless terms unto themselves, but not as applied by US culture.

One of the major precepts of liberalism is the acceptance of evil. The liberal is misled into believing he can be a Christian by Jesus saying do not judge. It is a liberal statement taken at face value. Liberals believe that not casting stines means to accept ...[text shortened]... rstand what Jesus actually meant when he said don't cast stones and perhaps you'll begin to see.
    What does US culture have to do with anything? Every country has its own cultures, just
    as every person has their own opinions. You are narrowing down specific sin to liberals as
    if no one else does it that way, we are all sinners! We may not share the same sins, but
    we are share the guilt of our sins.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 17:22
    What does US culture have to do with anything? Every country has its own cultures, just
    as every person has their own opinions. You are narrowing down specific sin to liberals as
    if no one else does it that way, we are all sinners! We may not share the same sins, but
    we are share the guilt of our sins.
    It has to do with what you actually believe. God us beyond cultural beliefs, but you are not. If your beliefs are rooted in culture, then you are not rooted in God.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '17 18:332 edits
    It has to do with what you actually believe. God us beyond cultural beliefs, but you are not. If your beliefs are rooted in culture, then you are not rooted in God.
    I actually believe God came for sinners and I'm one of them, and have asked God into my
    life making Him my Lord and Savior. I believe we all must turn from our wicked ways to
    serve God, and that with God's Spirit within us He cleans us and turns us teaching us His
    ways as we learn about who He is and how we are to live. None of that is within the
    cultures I have found myself living in, as I have lived across the US, and outside of it, in
    my years on this earth. So you are again talking about things you don't know!
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 10:441 edit
    I actually believe God came for sinners and I'm one of them, and have asked God into my
    life making Him my Lord and Savior. I believe we all must turn from our wicked ways to
    serve God, and that with God's Spirit within us He cleans us and turns us teaching us His
    ways as we learn about who He is and how we are to live. None of that is within the
    cultu ...[text shortened]... outside of it, in
    my years on this earth. So you are again talking about things you don't know!
    God came for sinners true, but only those who reject sin in their hearts, not those who accept sin.

Acceptance of sin in the name of accepting people is of Satan.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 18:47
    Did the Bible tell those who claim him as lord but he rejects that they were saved too?
    Did the Bible tell those who claim him as lord but he rejects that they were saved too?3\

Are you going to talk to me only in little 20 word chit-chat one liners ?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '17 18:48
    If you are going to conceal a superficial understanding of the Bible behind little chit-chat one liner questions, I won't waste my time with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree