1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 16:31
    My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

According to Jesus, God has given people to Jesus. These people have eternal life. No one can take away the eternal life of those given to Jesus by God.

Does no one include that person him or herself? Is Jesus correct in his assertion that God is making the call?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '17 18:45
    Originally posted by @eladar
    [b]My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

According to Jesus, God has given people to Je ...[text shortened]... lude that person him or herself? Is Jesus correct in his assertion that God is making the call?[/b]
    Is the Biblical truth about Jesus that I bring up in this thread ugly too?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 12:02
    [b]My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

According to Jesus, God has given people to Je ...[text shortened]... lude that person him or herself? Is Jesus correct in his assertion that God is making the call?[/b]
    None of us will go to God on our own, none of will go to Jesus on our own except the
    Father draws us. It to God's glory we are able to hear Him, to be able go to Him, to be
    able to receive His Holy Spirit there will be no human glorying in this! We are saved by
    God's grace through faith, IT IS A GIFT of God. This is why when God is putting a call on
    our hearts we are told to NOT harden our hearts.

Hebrews 3:14-16English Standard Version (ESV)
    14 For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end. 15 As it is said,
    “Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”
    16 For who were those who heard and yet rebelled? Was it not all those who left Egypt led by Moses?

John 6:43-45English Standard Version (ESV)
    43 Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves. 44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—

Romans 8:9
    You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 12:18
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    None of us will go to God on our own, none of will go to Jesus on our own except the
    Father draws us. It to God's glory we are able to hear Him, to be able go to Him, to be
    able to receive His Holy Spirit there will be no human glorying in this! We are saved by
    God's grace through faith, IT IS A GIFT of God. This is why when God is putting a call on
    ou ...[text shortened]... irit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
    Dude, you really do cast a blind eye.

No one can take one of the elect out of God's hand. The elect are made to have eternal life.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 12:32
    Dude, you really do cast a blind eye.

No one can take one of the elect out of God's hand. The elect are made to have eternal life.
    Why do you say that, did you see me say that was going to happen?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 12:39
    Why do you say that, did you see me say that was going to happen?
    My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

I will ask it better and maybe you will answer it.

Do Jesus' sheep have the free will to reject Jesus? Of course I am asking in the context of this scripture.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 12:51
    My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[c]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

I will ask it better and maybe you will answer it.

Do Jesus' sheep have the free will to reject Jesus? Of course I am asking in the context of this scripture.
    ROFL, of course they do...but why would they? LOL, you are really don't want to take
    ownership of any action!
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 14:44
    ROFL, of course they do...but why would they? LOL, you are really don't want to take
    ownership of any action!
    According to Jesus no one can take them out of God's hand. If they must have eternal life, how could they have free will?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 14:52
    According to Jesus no one can take them out of God's hand. If they must have eternal life, how could they have free will?
    Because God is so good even sinners saved by His grace can have the ability to leave and stay!
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 14:54
    My prayer for you and everyone else is you draw so close to the Lord that you grasp how good and merciful He is, that you get an understanding of how much you are loved!
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 14:57
    Because God is so good even sinners saved by His grace can have the ability to leave and stay!
    So once they are saved they no longer have free will.

Remember Jesus says these people can't be taken from God's hand. Can't means impossible.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 16:35
    So once they are saved they no longer have free will.

Remember Jesus says these people can't be taken from God's hand. Can't means impossible.
    So you think that God not letting anyone take them from Him is the same thing as saying that they have no free will? If I stop people from taking away my kids by force, means to you my kids don't have free will? You really don't understand stand this topic.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 16:432 edits
    So you think that God not letting anyone take them from Him is the same thing as saying that they have no free will? If I stop people from taking away my kids by force, means to you my kids don't have free will? You really don't understand stand this topic.
    If God does not allow it, how could there be free will?

If you do not allow your kids to leave your house, even at the age of 30, you have taken away their free will.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 17:11
    If God does not allow it, how could there be free will?

If you do not allow your kids to leave your house, even at the age of 30, you have taken away their free will.
    It said no one can TAKE us!
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Aug '17 17:201 edit
    It said no one can TAKE us!
    What did Jesus mean by that?

Did he mean literally taken? Or did he mean no one of the elect can lose their salvation which means their faith and how they live their lives?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree