1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 17:092 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why do you assert that John 17:13-20 forbids political activity? It doesn't mention it at all. Do you use roads, hospitals, bridges, airlines, shops, law courts etc.? Aren't they "part of the world"?
    I have explained, Gods Kingdom is no part of the world. Christians have a leader, Jesus Christ, they have an exemplar Jesus Christ, they already have a government, Gods Kingdom. Further more Paul shows that their citizenship is in the heavens. They have the example of Christ himself who did not get embroiled in the political system. When they came to make him a King he withdrew. When the Pharisees attempted to make trick him into making a politically compromising statement by bringing him a dennarious he would not get involved and simply stated pay Caesars things to Caesar. These are the reasons why they do not take part in politics and were as the historical evidence demonstrates non political. If you think this is incorrect then please explain why they did not take part in politics?

Furthermore being no part of the world does not necessitate becoming a commune and actually removing oneself physically from the world as you seem to be assuming with your reference to roads, law courts etc, indeed if you actually read and understood the verse you are citing you would know this for it states,

My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

How you could have failed to recognise this I really have no idea.

So in summation.

Christ did not become involved in the worlds political system. Christians were counselled to imitate Christ.
    Christians already have a leader, Jesus Christ.
    Christians already have a government, Gods Kingdom.
    Christians citizenship is in the heavens (Gods Kingdom)
    The historical record shows that they did not engage in politics because of the above.

I repeat of you think any of the above is erroneous please demonstrate why. If you will not or cannot then i am not repeating myself again and again answering the same regurgitated questions.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 17:12
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Well if it isn't GoaD. Still haven't gotten over getting called out for being the troll that you are?

Like the Bible is what it is. You are what you are.
    A typical troll tactic is to cut and paste the same message over and over again. If you are not such a entity, why post the same message 4 times in a row Sherlock?

The irony is, we're often on the same page in discussions. You just let yourself down with colour by number reasoning and juvenile delivery.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 17:13
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    A typical troll tactic is to cut and paste the same message over and over again. If you are not such a entity, why post the same message 4 times in a row Sherlock?

The irony is, we're often on the same page in discussions. You just let yourself down with colour by number reasoning and juvenile delivery.
    I was so embarrassed for him, the shame of it.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 17:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have explained, Gods Kingdom is no part of the world. Christians have a leader, Jesus Christ, they have an exemplar Jesus Christ, they already have a government, Gods Kingdom. Further more Paul shows that their citizenship is in the heavens. They have the example of Christ himself who did not get embroiled in the political system. When they came ...[text shortened]... cannot then i am not repeating myself again and again answering the same regurgitated questions.
    God rules in the Kingdoms of men and gives these kingdoms to whosoever he wishes.
    Therefore God can place a devout Christian and follower of Christ to rule in these Kingdoms.

The petty interpretations of little Christian groups like the JWs can place whatever restrictions and rules on their members. That has nothing to do with the larger picture of Gods plan for the world.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 17:431 edit
    I have explained, Gods Kingdom is no part of the world. Christians have a leader, Jesus Christ, they have an exemplar Jesus Christ, they already have a government, Gods Kingdom. Further more Paul shows that their citizenship is in the heavens. They have the example of Christ himself who did not get embroiled in the political system. When they came ...[text shortened]... cannot then i am not repeating myself again and again answering the same regurgitated questions.
    Which words in John 17:13-20 do you think mean that you can do things like call the police and ask them to assist you, you can hold a British passport, you can use currency issued by the government, you can bring your injured children to the emergency ward at the local hospital, but you can't vote in an election or get involved in political activity for a worthy cause? Which specific verse do you believe tells you and all other Christians this?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 17:491 edit

Listen GoaD, all anyone need do is look at our respective posts on this very thread to determine that you're the one trolling.

I gave FMF an answer to his question.

All your posts have been in an effort to "stir the pot" as you so often do.

QED

You're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 17:56
    These are the reasons why they do not take part in politics and were as the historical evidence demonstrates non political. If you think this is incorrect then please explain why they did not take part in politics?
    Perhaps they were self-obsessed, selfish parasites who drew some kind of groupist satisfaction from their affected just-following-orders impotence with regard to the world around them? Maybe Christianity subsequently grew up.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 18:19
    Listen GoaD, all anyone need do is look at our respective posts on this very thread to determine that you're the one trolling.

QED

You don't consider posting the same message 4 times trolling? 🙄

Your lack of explanation is noted.

(Better a knife than a wooden spoon).
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 18:23
    You don't consider posting the same message 4 times trolling? 🙄

Your lack of explanation is noted.

(Better a knife than a wooden spoon).

QED

10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 18:28

QED

One simply can't compete with repetition or tedium.

You 'are' the master.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 19:25
    One simply can't compete with repetition or tedium.

You 'are' the master.

QED

12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 20:24

QED

Cutting and pasting gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, hey?

(And we were discussing your repetitive replies to Robbie, not FMF. Nice deflection Sherlock).
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 20:51
    Cutting and pasting gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, hey?

(And we were discussing your repetitive replies to Robbie, not FMF. Nice deflection Sherlock).

QED

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 23:50
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    God rules in the Kingdoms of men and gives these kingdoms to whosoever he wishes.
    Therefore God can place a devout Christian and follower of Christ to rule in these Kingdoms.

The petty interpretations of little Christian groups like the JWs can place whatever restrictions and rules on their members. That has nothing to do with the larger picture of Gods plan for the world.
    I have No idea what you are talking about sorry.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 23:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps they were self-obsessed, selfish parasites who drew some kind of groupist satisfaction from their affected just-following-orders impotence with regard to the world around them? Maybe Christianity subsequently grew up.
    unworthy of serious comment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree