1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 10:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its a dirty job but someone has to do it. 😵
    Why is it that your fellow JW brothers like roigam and G75 don't reel you in when you embarrass yourself with posts like this? I understand that it'd be a full-time job, but still.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 10:59
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Why is it that your fellow JW brothers like roigam and G75 don't reel you in when you embarrass yourself with posts like this? I understand that it'd be a full-time job, but still.
    Its true I was embarrassed by your self righteous holier than though approach, thats why I had to call you out for it. Do you think its in harmony with the compassionate and caring attitude displayed by the character of Christ in scripture? I don't.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 11:27
    You don't think that Christians were meant to follow the example of the Christ and the apostles?
    I am just interested in your analysis of the words in John 17:13-20. Say there is someone who approaches the Bible without access to any history of the 'Early Christians'. So in other words, put what the 'Early Christians' did or didn't do aside, and address just the scripture.

Most Christians do not interpret John 17:15-16 to mean that followers of Christ should have nothing to do with politics. With reference to the verses in question, why do you think they are wrong?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 11:33
    Its true I was embarrassed by your self righteous holier than though approach, thats why I had to call you out for it. Do you think its in harmony with the compassionate and caring attitude displayed by the character of Christ in scripture? I don't.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 11:43
    you are repeating yourself , please have a lie down and think about why you are so self righteous.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 11:493 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am just interested in your analysis of the words in John 17:13-20. Say there is someone who approaches the Bible without access to any history of the 'Early Christians'. So in other words, put what the 'Early Christians' did or didn't do aside, and address just the scripture.

Most Christians do not interpret John 17:15-16 to mean that followers of Christ s ...[text shortened]... to do with politics. With reference to the verses in question, why do you think they are wrong?
    You are asking me to make an analysis of a verse in an abstract manner with no recourse to historical precedent? Sorry but I don't work like that. I have already provided my reasons its up to those who do not share that view to state why it is erroneous or to provide an alternative, so far they have proffered nothing except of course their opinions which have no basis in any reality other than one they have fabricated.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 11:53
    You are asking me to make an analysis of a verse in an abstract manner with no recourse to historical precedent?
    Yes, I am asking you to analyze John 17:13-20 without reference to any Christians of any century, aside from how you think Christians should interpret it nowadays. I just want you to talk about the verses in the Bible and I just want your explanation of them, not somebody else's.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 11:57
    I have already provided my reasons its up to those who do not share that view to state why it is erroneous or to provide an alternative, so far they have proffered nothing except of course their opinions which have no basis in any reality other than one they have fabricated.
    I am not asking you about the reasons that 'Early Christians' had for interpreting the Bible the way I did. They are not here to argue their corner. You, on the other hand, are here and you interpret the words of John 17:13-20 to mean that Christians must play no part in politics: can you explain why?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 12:34
    you are repeating yourself , please have a lie down and think about why you are so self righteous.
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 14:28
    Why is it that your fellow wombles like uncle Bulgaria and Madame Cholet don't reel you in when you embarrass yourself with repetitive posts like this? I understand that it'd be a full-time job, but still.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, I am asking you to analyze John 17:13-20 without reference to any Christians of any century, aside from how you think Christians should interpret it nowadays. I just want you to talk about the verses in the Bible and I just want your explanation of them, not somebody else's.
    What kind of analytical jive talk is that? Do we normally analyse scripture abstractly? without precedent? without context? I don't think so. You are simply trying to dodge the historical facts because for you and those who have made certain claims they are rather inconvenient.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 15:261 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not asking you about the reasons that 'Early Christians' had for interpreting the Bible the way I did. They are not here to argue their corner. You, on the other hand, are here and you interpret the words of John 17:13-20 to mean that Christians must play no part in politics: can you explain why?
    My stance is clear. Christ and the apostles and the early Christians were no part of the worlds political system because they understood John 17 to mean 'no part of the world', included the worlds political systems and institutions.' There is no other basis for understanding their stance towards it. If you or anyone else has an alternative explanation or thinks the stance is erroneous then please provide your evidence and reasoning.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Why is it that your fellow wombles like uncle Bulgaria and Madame Cholet don't reel you in when you embarrass yourself with repetitive posts like this? I understand that it'd be a full-time job, but still.
    Well if it isn't GoaD. Still haven't gotten over getting called out for being the troll that you are?

Like the Bible is what it is. You are what you are.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 16:25
    My stance is clear. Christ and the apostles and the early Christians were no part of the worlds political system because they understood John 17 to mean 'no part of the world', included the worlds political systems and institutions.' There is no other basis for understanding their stance towards it. If you or anyone else has an alternative explanation or thinks the stance is erroneous then please provide your evidence and reasoning.
    Why do you assert that John 17:13-20 forbids political activity? It doesn't mention it at all. Do you use roads, hospitals, bridges, airlines, shops, law courts etc.? Aren't they "part of the world"?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '17 16:29
    What kind of analytical jive talk is that? Do we normally analyse scripture abstractly? without precedent? without context? I don't think so. You are simply trying to dodge the historical facts because for you and those who have made certain claims they are rather inconvenient.
    If you believe that John 17:13-20 as a piece of scripture does not stand on its own and can only be understood by reference to how Christians (whose interpretation you agree with) conducted themselves, then say so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree