1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '15 22:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow pure shamanism.
    "And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:" -- Matthew 13:14
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jun '15 22:10
    these things are not explicitly stated in the text of leviticus and are probably extra Biblical, I will need to research the text to find out.
    Speaking of wimpy and weak, are you one of these who worships the Bible AS God, instead of the "Word of God"? Why be so arrogant to assume that the entire wisdom of God is bound up in the Bible? God doesn't tell us everything; he knows we're intelligent, he leaves us things to figure out on our own, if our hearts lean to him.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '15 22:341 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Speaking of wimpy and weak, are you one of these who worships the Bible AS God, instead of the "Word of God"? Why be so arrogant to assume that the entire wisdom of God is bound up in the Bible? God doesn't tell us everything; he knows we're intelligent, he leaves us things to figure out on our own, if our hearts lean to him.
    oh dear, have you never read,

Trust in Jehovah with all your heart,
    And do not rely on your own understanding. - Proverbs 3:5

As for me I worship the father, exclusively.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '15 22:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:" -- Matthew 13:14
    ye? is this 1655?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]By myself I [Jesus] can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

What does this mean?[/b]
    It means that as a mere man that Jesus can do no more than any other man, but as the one sent by God He can do all things. The apostle Paul meant basically the same thing when he said,
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

(Philippians 4:13 KJV)

HalleluYaHshua ! Praise the LORD !
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 14:40
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    It could perhaps be argued that as Jesus was subject to the limitations of being a man, he had to subject himself before the Father in order to sacrifice himself for the sins of mankind.

'Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. (Phil.2)
    Good thinking.

See how well the Ghost is reasoning "with God" as part of the process?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 17:44
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]By myself I [Jesus] can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

What does this mean?[/b]
    Jesus' every word and deed was done as an act of obedience to His Father. That's what it means.

The Son, as a member of the Godhead, set aside the glory He shared with God to become as one of us, and that's how He lived, as an ordinary man. The difference is is that Jesus was without sin and obeyed God to the death.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jun '15 17:47
    oh dear, have you never read,

Trust in Jehovah with all your heart,
    And do not rely on your own understanding. - Proverbs 3:5

As for me I worship the father, exclusively.
    "As for me I worship the father, exclusively."

Right! And one day you will bow the knee and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord!

Am I not right robbie?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree