1. St. Peter's
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 01:43
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Wrong, you impute onto to the thinking of others your own miscomprehension of an argument and then attempt to steer the discussion away from the actual issue using your own confusion as a basis for rejecting the premises of an argument. (see my last response in the "Greatest Conceivable Being???" ) thread.
    You then dance around as though you've slain a dragon ...[text shortened]... a vague answer to some different question and assert the opposition is a crapola debater.
    I have addressed every point, just because you don't like my answers doesn't mean I didn't give them.

Your logic is feeble and weak, you consistantly fail to be consistant, you should give up philosophy and stick to maths
  2. St. Peter's
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 01:44
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I don't recall any occasion on which you 'soundly drubbed' Agerg in debate - perhaps you could remind us bystanders of the thread number(s)?
    I don't recall any thread were you added anything whatsoever to the discussion
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 01:511 edit
    Originally posted by Doward
    I have addressed every point, just because you don't like my answers doesn't mean I didn't give them.

Your logic is feeble and weak, you consistantly fail to be consistant, you should give up philosophy and stick to maths
    Yeah yeah...and I am rubber you are glue 😞

*edit* you are lying when you say you addressed every point.
  4. St. Peter's
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 12:06
    Yeah yeah...and I am rubber you are glue 😞

*edit* you are lying when you say you addressed every point.
    which point have I not addressed? post them here, but be warned, when I prove that I have addressed them Ii expect a full and contrite apology
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 12:355 edits
    which point have I not addressed? post them here, but be warned, when I prove that I have addressed them Ii expect a full and contrite apology
    There's a whole gallery of them in Thread 138037, in particular, see my last reponse which references a point you dodged prior to your last (a point which refined in light of your bullchit objections, takes away from you the standard theist defence: God can see how things may be better by its inaction, when we cannot). There are many others as well. In fact most of your responses I would be wise to consider as jokes.
  6. St. Peter's
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 12:572 edits
    There's a whole gallery of them in Thread 138037, in particular, see my last reponse which references a point you dodged prior to your last (a point which refined in light of your bullchit objections, takes away from you the standard theist defence: God can see how things may be better by its inaction, when we cannot). There are many others as well. In fact most of your responses I would be wise to consider as jokes.
    Anyone who actually reads that thread with an open mind will see that you are either dense or a liar. I addressed every point, the real problem is that your premis was so shoddy that no one could take seriously any of your arguments. Shore up your argument and then you won't run into these troubles.

edit: The main thrust of my counter argument was that your premis can not hold to be universally true (and thus false), nor could be held true in any specific instance, a point that I believe I made fairly well
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 13:154 edits
    Anyone who actually reads that thread with an open mind will see that you are either dense or a liar. I addressed every point, the real problem is that your premis was so shoddy that no one could take seriously any of your arguments. Shore up your argument and then you won't run into these troubles.

edit: The main thrust of my counter argument was that y ...[text shortened]... se), nor could be held true in any specific instance, a point that I believe I made fairly well
    Nope, you avoided most of my points and for a select few you tried to recast a specific scenario into an altered form which allows you to give a poorly justifed, over general response.

The main thrust of my counter argument was that your premis can not hold to be universally true (and thus false), nor could be held true in any specific instance, a point that I believe I made fairly well
    Let me tell you how disproving a claim via a counter example works: Person A makes the claim P(X) is true for all X. Person B then comes along and finds some particular X_0 where P(X) fails to be true. Then it is clear that the claim made by A is false.
    In this context the claim by theists such as yourself is:

for all actions towards humans on the part of your god, these actions are maximally benevolent.

There is no need for me to show any sort of universality at all - I need just find one case, one iddy biddy little case where the proposition fails and I'm done - it doesn't matter if for all other cases your proposition holds, the fact that there exists one where it doesn't is sufficient. Or in other words, even if X_0 is part of a family {X_0, X_1, ... , X_n} and P(X_i) holds for all 1 =< i =< n then the fact P(X_0) fails to hold is damning. As for specific instances you are terrible at even acknowledging these.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 13:191 edit
    Anyone who actually reads that thread with an open mind will see that you are either dense or a liar.
    You are probably the only one in this forum with an open mind.

I addressed every point, the real problem is that your premis was so shoddy that no one could take seriously any of your arguments.
    I guess I am no one.
  9. St. Peter's
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 13:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You are probably the only one in this forum with an open mind.

[b]I addressed every point, the real problem is that your premis was so shoddy that no one could take seriously any of your arguments.

I guess I am no one.[/b]
    correct... you are no one...glad we established that.
  10. St. Peter's
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 13:33
    [b]Anyone who actually reads that thread with an open mind will see that you are either dense or a liar. I addressed every point, the real problem is that your premis was so shoddy that no one could take seriously any of your arguments. Shore up your argument and then you won't run into these troubles.
    Nope, you avoided most of my points and for a select ...[text shortened]... to hold is damning. As for specific instances you are terrible at even acknowledging these.[/b]
    here is your response in a nut shell:

nu uhhn, I tol' you that's not right but you di'nt lissen

for all actions towards humans on the part of your god, these actions are maximally benevolent.

You: I need just find one case, one iddy biddy little case

Me: show that case, you have failed to do so.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 13:43
    here is your response in a nut shell:

nu uhhn, I tol' you that's not right but you di'nt lissen

You: I need just find one case, one iddy biddy little case

Me: show that case, you have failed to do so.
    No Doward you just fail to acknowledge or understand those specific cases. Your tactic of argument by thoughtless gainsaying carries no merit.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 13:461 edit
    correct... you are no one...glad we established that.
    twhitehead is a far more respected member of this forum than you are (or ever will be) - you just have a problem with anyone who points out your obvious failings.
  13. St. Peter's
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 13:501 edit
    No Doward you just fail to acknowledge or understand those specific cases. Your tactic of argument by thoughtless gainsaying carries no merit.
    In the thread "greatest concievable being (or whatever)" You first accuse me of being too broad, then on the same page you accuse me of being too narrow. You remind me of Goldilocks, you won't be satisfied until its juuuust right. Sorry, I don't play that way. No wonder you think "Twithead" is so "respected' you share the same brain.

pathetic
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 14:01
    I don't recall any thread were you added anything whatsoever to the discussion
    Hmm...lest we forget this piece of garbage (it was justified because...???)

Avalanchethecat usually avoids adding *anything whatsoever*, indeed he is far more judicious, articulate, and thoughtful with respect to what he posts. Any old chit is what we expect mainly from you Doward.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 14:02
    In the thread "greatest concievable being (or whatever)" You first accuse me of being too broad, then on the same page you accuse me of being too narrow. You remind me of Goldilocks, you won't be satisfied until its juuuust right. Sorry, I don't play that way. No wonder you think "Twithead" is so "respected' you share the same brain.

pathetic
    Yeah yeah Cowar...ahem... Doward!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree