josephw vs. Atheism

josephw vs. Atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

St. Peter's

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Yeah yeah Cowar...ahem... Doward!
Alas, when proven a liar and wrong we find you without retort. You sir are exposed as the fruad you are.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by Doward
Alas, when proven a liar and wrong we find you without retort. You sir are exposed as the fruad you are.
k

D

St. Peter's

Moves
02 Mar 11

Hmm...lest we forget this piece of garbage (it was justified because...???)

Avalanchethecat usually avoids adding *anything whatsoever*, indeed he is far more judicious, articulate, and thoughtful with respect to what he posts. Any old chit is what we expect mainly from you Doward.
Avalanche is a drive by poster who trolls the threads looking to take potshots, I would hardly call that judicious, articulate or thoughtful

FAIL!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
02 Mar 11
1 edit

Avalanche is a drive by poster who trolls the threads looking to take potshots, I would hardly call that judicious, articulate or thoughtful

FAIL!
oh boy...you've surely put all of us in our places haven't you!

D

St. Peter's

Moves
02 Mar 11

oh boy...you've surely put all of us in our places haven't you!
mostly just you

rc

Moves
02 Mar 11

mostly just you
how would you describe your online experience with engaging with Agers

1.***** very productive.

2.**** encouraging

3.*** average interchange of information

4.** disquieting and abrasive

5.* traumatic and you would have been better off talking to the wall

D

St. Peter's

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
how would you describe your online experience with engaging with Agers

1.***** very productive.

2.**** encouraging

3.*** average interchange of information

4.** disquieting and abrasive

5.* traumatic and you would have been better off talking to the wall
somewhere between 4 and 5

rc

Moves
02 Mar 11
1 edit

somewhere between 4 and 5
if you could offer a piece of advice to improve said experience, what would it be?

1.***** its better to suffer the winters wind than the tigers breath

2.**** try to be more empathetic

3.*** the best we can hope for is a mutual understanding

2. ** bad associations spoil useful habits

1.* egotism breeds contempt

(none of the above, feel free to insert your own advice)

D

St. Peter's

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
if you could offer a piece of advice to improve said experience, what would it be?

1.***** its better to suffer the winters wind than the tigers breath

2.**** try to be more empathetic

3.*** the best we can hope for is a mutual understanding

2. ** bad associations spoil useful habits

1.* egotism breeds contempt

(none of the above, feel free to insert your own advice)
all of the above

rc

Moves
02 Mar 11

all of the above
Lol, ok, i see. . . .

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 Mar 11

Originally posted by josephw
Atheists and agnostics only please.

I'd like to develop the topic or subject in the following quotes a little bit more. It seems to be a point of contention with those who don't believe in the existence of God, that if the God theists claim exists has omni-powers, then why are conditions on earth so bad.

Leaving aside the idea that the conditions tha ...[text shortened]... r existence and the existence of 'suffering'.

How am I doing so far?
God does exist, and he's a cruel SOB junked up on praise. He's perfect in his desire to have us bow to him and hold faith in him while He won't show himself to us just to keep us guessing. Idle minds are tools of the Devil, you know.

He is perfect in that he keeps us in line, not letting us get too big for our britches. Without suffering, we would never enjoy pleasure... there would be no comparison.

You can do the most awful things you like, and as long as you bow to God you're safe, that's his perfection. This life is nothing compared to the everlasting glory of His kingdom.

Praise be.

P-

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
02 Mar 11

I don't recall any thread were you added anything whatsoever to the discussion
I did not claim to have contributed. Are you then unable to detail a thread where you administered the claimed drubbing?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
02 Mar 11

FAIL!
Your insults are wasted on me Doward - I'd be far more disturbed if you found wisdom in my posts.

😞

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Mar 11

Anyway, again; The fact that suffering exists is not a logical rationale for the nonexistence of an omnipowerful God.

In other words, one cannot say that suffering would not exist if there were an omnipowerful God.

T

Moves
03 Mar 11
3 edits

Originally posted by josephw
Anyway, again; The fact that suffering exists is not a logical rationale for the nonexistence of an omnipowerful God.

In other words, one cannot say that suffering would not exist if there were an omnipowerful God.
You keep making that claim, but as of yet haven't provided any explanation as to how it could be true. What's more, you have ignored several attempts to show why it cannot be true.

So why don't you get on with it and explain how a god can be omnipotent AND omniscient AND omnibenevolent and allow evil to exist?

Or are you going to pull a Divegeester, i.e., start a thread by making an assertion and refusing to engage in any discussion other than to continually claim that you believe it true? Hopefully you won't stoop as low as DG who took the tack of making increasingly irrational posts.