Journey Inside The Cell

Journey Inside The Cell

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I dont think that it will do me any good spiritually. I must refrain. If you ever give up drumming, you should get a job as a book salesman. I am learning to play bongos myself (have a good one)
Firstly, i'm not selling you the book, i'm offering to send it to you with the postage required to send it back to me. That would make me a terrible book salesman.

How do you know what it will do to you spiritually until you read it? I read JW literature when it used to come through the door (now i'm back in Manchester i don't get any, even though there is a Kingdom Hall 10mins walk up the road, in fact i ain't seen a JW anywhere!!), i'll read any book. You it appears have blinkers on.

For all your talk of being a 'free' mind, evaluating the evidence and coming to your own conclusions, you do anything but that. You accuse me of being 'Borg', but it is you who is closed minded and the 'Borg'.

but then again, it may sew seeds of doubt and diminish my conviction.

So it is fear as to why you don't want to read the book. Interesting. I said in that in an earlier post -

But accepting that would shake your cherished beliefs in a way that you don't want to comprehend. It's far too frightening, so it's better not to look at all.

to which you replied

my dear sir, you obviously have severely underestimated the strength of my conviction

looks like i didn't. You're scared to read the book.

Incidentally, i'm 6' 2", and i have better things to do with my spare time than drive to Glasgow. With the price of petrol at the moment driving outside the M60 ringroad is bad enough. You're safe.

rc

Moves
28 Feb 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Firstly, i'm not selling you the book, i'm offering to send it to you with the postage required to send it back to me. That would make me a terrible book salesman.

How do you know what it will do to you spiritually until you read it? I read JW literature when it used to come through the door (now i'm back in Manchester i don't get any, even though the at the moment driving outside the M60 ringroad is bad enough. You're safe.
as GP pointed out, considering what transpires on the forum i doubt that one book would change anything, you would simply be wasting your postage. I cannot state with any certainty that i would read it as i have enough going on at the moment. As I have stated, the Christian has nothing to fear from the hypothesis, to construe that it is such is a very poor argument indeed for anyone may at any moment search the internet for a plethora of information on both sides of the argument.

I once got lost on the M60, couldn't find my way off the thing.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Feb 11
1 edit

as GP pointed out, considering what transpires on the forum i doubt that one book would change anything, you would simply be wasting your postage. I cannot state with any certainty that i would read it as i have enough going on at the moment. As I have stated, the Christian has nothing to fear from the hypothesis, to construe that it is such is a v ...[text shortened]... oth sides of the argument.

I once got lost on the M60, couldn't find my way off the thing.
Rob, i'm not trying to change anything other than your knowledge on evolution, I just want you to read a book. You claim to have a free mind, conscience and have the ability to evaluate and come to your own conclusions. Read the book, evaluate and then lets discuss.

The postage cost is irrelevant, it would cost me less than a pint of beer in my local pub to send it up and back.

As I have stated, the Christian has nothing to fear from the hypothesis, to construe that it is such is a very poor argument indeed.

Rob, you appear to be going round in circles here. This is what you said to greenpawn.

but then again, it may sew seeds of doubt and diminish my conviction

I haven't construed anything, these are your own words. On one hand you say you have nothing to fear, and the other you state that reading the book may 'sew seeds of doubt' and diminsh you're conviction?!

You can't have it both ways, which one is it??

rc

Moves
28 Feb 11
1 edit

Rob, i'm not trying to change anything other than your knowledge on evolution, I just want you to read a book. You claim to have a free mind, conscience and have the ability to evaluate and come to your own conclusions. Read the book, evaluate and then lets discuss.

The postage cost is irrelevant, it would cost me less than a pint of beer in my local doubt' and diminsh you're conviction?!

You can't have it both ways, which one is it??
yes i can have it both ways, for why would reading a book which advocates a purely material perspective up build and nurture my faith? Answer it would not, now would it? I have made the concession that I am willing to read, or try to read, Darwins damned epistle to the materialists AGAIN, it is enough already!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Feb 11

yes i can have it both ways, for why would reading a book which advocates a purely material perspective up build and nurture my faith? Answer it would not, now would it? I have made the concession that I am willing to read, or try to read, Darwins damned epistle to the materialists AGAIN, it is enough already!
I still don't understand why you will read Origin of the Species, yet not this book?! You've already said OftS is a hard read, this is easier and up to date.

What's the big deal?

rc

Moves
28 Feb 11

I still don't understand why you will read Origin of the Species, yet not this book?! You've already said OftS is a hard read, this is easier and up to date.

What's the big deal?
no deal, i just want to say that i have read it.

Cape Town

Moves
28 Feb 11

What's the big deal?
Reading On the Origin of Species caries more status.

Reading your book however, would leave him with less leeway to claim ignorance when caught out in lies.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Feb 11

no deal, i just want to say that i have read it.
But you still haven't answered the question as to why you will read OftS but not the book i will send to you?!

You keep making out that it is us 'materialists' who are closed minded, but it is you who is closed minded. I'll repeat again, i'll happily read ANY book you wish, it really doesn't bother me at all. You on the other hand don't wish to read anything that conflicts with your preconcieved ideas. You are closed minded, i am open minded.

Now, message me your address and i'll get this book in the post to you.

rc

Moves
28 Feb 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
Reading On the Origin of Species caries more status.

Reading your book however, would leave him with less leeway to claim ignorance when caught out in lies.
caught out in lies? you slanderous ignorant and wicked imbecile, you were the one who claimed to know he difference between soul and spirit and have proffered nothing! As soon as anyone disagrees with your second hand purely unoriginal and assimilated semantic debates over trivialities you call them a liar. More endless futility.

rc

Moves
28 Feb 11
1 edit

But you still haven't answered the question as to why you will read OftS but not the book i will send to you?!

You keep making out that it is us 'materialists' who are closed minded, but it is you who is closed minded. I'll repeat again, i'll happily read [b]ANY
book you wish, it really doesn't bother me at all. You on the other hand don't wish to ...[text shortened]... open minded.

Now, message me your address and i'll get this book in the post to you.[/b]
Give it up dear Noobster, I am not reading your book! I will read Origin of the species and nothing else and be done with it. You may term me close minded, ignorant, or whatever else adjectives that spring to mind, i will never deny any of them.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Feb 11

Give it up dear Noobster, I am not reading your book! I will read Origin of the species and nothing else and be done with it. You may term me close minded, ignorant, or whatever else adjectives that spring to mind, i will never deny any of them.
Bizarre, truly bizarre.

What exactly are you scared of? It's a book. You have still offered no explanation as to why you will only read OotS and no other book.

You may term me close minded, ignorant, or whatever else adjectives that spring to mind, i will never deny any of them.

Good. We can finally put a nail in the coffin for Mr 'free open minded Carrobie'. He's finally been laid to rest.

rc

Moves
28 Feb 11
1 edit

Bizarre, truly bizarre.

What exactly are you scared of? It's a book. You have still offered no explanation as to why you will only read OotS and no other book.

[b]You may term me close minded, ignorant, or whatever else adjectives that spring to mind, i will never deny any of them.

Good. We can finally put a nail in the coffin for Mr 'free open minded Carrobie'. He's finally been laid to rest.[/b]
Fine, will just give up on reading origin of the species then? It was getting rather interesting i have to admit. Simply because i want to read the original work, i dont want an interpretation of it!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
28 Feb 11

Fine, will just give up on reading origin of the species then? It was getting rather interesting i have to admit.
What relevance does that have to do with anything we're talking about?

I've asked you numerous times now to explain to me why you can read OotS but no other book?! What's the reason?! Why are you capable of reading one book but not the other?

rc

Moves
28 Feb 11

What relevance does that have to do with anything we're talking about?

I've asked you numerous times now to explain to me why you can read OotS but no other book?! What's the reason?! Why are you capable of reading one book but not the other?
I gave a reason although it was an edited one. I want to read the original work, not an interpretation/adaptation of it. Is that really such a crime?

Cape Town

Moves
28 Feb 11

caught out in lies?
Yes, you lied about 'no new species'.
you slanderous ignorant and wicked imbecile,
Insult me all you like, it wont go away.

you were the one who claimed to know he difference between soul and spirit and have proffered nothing!
How is that relevant to your lying?

As soon as anyone disagrees with your second hand purely unoriginal and assimilated semantic debates over trivialities you call them a liar. More endless futility.
I call you a liar when you lie. You have not even denied lying. You have instead resorted to insults, other personal attacks and an attempt at implying that you did not really mean what you said ie that when you said 'species' you didn't mean 'species'. But you haven't told us what you did mean.

Your only hope for the future is to remain supposedly ignorant of the meaning of the word 'species' or your favorite phrase 'no new species' will no longer be usable and your claim of ignorance will no longer be an excuse for the lies. If you read the book in question, you will have no excuse and your religion will disappear in a puff of smoke. You will have become a vampire!