1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 16:41
    Originally posted by @js357
    You guys just can't help it, can you?
    Are you saying they're bad as eachother or that Rajk should give up trying to set sonship straight ?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 16:44
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Are you saying they're bad as eachother or that Rajk should give up trying to set sonship straight ?
    Yep .. thats what he is saying. I probably should not have bothered to answer his question.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 17:16
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Yep .. thats what he is saying. I probably should not have bothered to answer his question.
    I want to know if he thinks you guys are comparing similar ideas
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 19:12
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Did I not answer your question?
    You did. No one agreed with any of it before the disagreements began. There are not even two people saying as little as the fact that Jesus Christ is important to Christianity. I’d think even the JWs could agree on that. But there must be 0% motivation to agree openly on commonalities and 100% to disagree. I know this is not the norm in the real world, so I conclude it is an internet thing.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 19:56
    You did. No one agreed with any of it before the disagreements began. There are not even two people saying as little as the fact that Jesus Christ is important to Christianity. I’d think even the JWs could agree on that. But there must be 0% motivation to agree openly on commonalities and 100% to disagree. I know this is not the norm in the real world, so I conclude it is an internet thing.
    Perhaps you could make sense as a seemingly neutral observer here and tell me how you cannot see the lack of substance or otherwise in either posters views?

Believe in Jesus or follow his words? (or at least thats how i boil it down)
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 04:23
    Understanding the bible is like understanding people : you have to be a)Evalute things correctly , b)See beneath the words , ie . Go beyond just the literal meaning (without disregarding it) and see what the spirit of the person/bible verse is.

I open the bible randomly from time to time and it always says something awesome pertaining to my life. Sort of like tarot but I dont do them.
    That is an interesting way of approaching the Bible. It is "above" rational analysis. But it might be seen by some as problematic: https://www.openbible.info/topics/tarot_cards
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 04:34
    Perhaps you could make sense as a seemingly neutral observer here and tell me how you cannot see the lack of substance or otherwise in either posters views?

Believe in Jesus or follow his words? (or at least thats how i boil it down)
    I don't believe we see the full version of either one's Christianity (or snyone's) in their SF postings. We do see a lot of Bible references, but they tend to be cited in support of a rather short list of contradictory, deeply held beliefs.. But I haven't made a study of it.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 04:521 edit
    One of the standard tactics of a mediator in conflict resolution is to get the antagonists to see a shared superordinate goal -- one that makes it worthwhile for them to set aside their differences to pursue that goal.
    You two do not share a goal that is superordinate to whatever motivates each of you to continue this argument. And it does not look like there will be any new information that will come to light to resolve it, in your mortal future.
    So you just can't help it.
    That's what I mean.

Edit: Maybe you DO share a goal: To get to Heaven, is one probably arguable way to say it.🙂
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 07:23
    I don't believe we see the full version of either one's Christianity (or snyone's) in their SF postings. We do see a lot of Bible references, but they tend to be cited in support of a rather short list of contradictory, deeply held beliefs.. But I haven't made a study of it.
    Actions speak louder than words. Good works lead to good actions but idle hands are the devils plaything
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Jun '18 07:24
    One of the standard tactics of a mediator in conflict resolution is to get the antagonists to see a shared superordinate goal -- one that makes it worthwhile for them to set aside their differences to pursue that goal.
    You two do not share a goal that is superordinate to whatever motivates each of you to continue this argument. And it does not look like ther ...[text shortened]...

Edit: Maybe you DO share a goal: To get to Heaven, is one probably arguable way to say it.🙂
    Well put, cheers

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree