1. R.I.P.
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 22:101 edit
    I remember reading a book once where the author claimed that the 3 religions were just different incarnations of the same thing.

here is the last paragraph from the following link which sums it up far better than I ever could.
    http://www.essays.cc/free_essays/f3/nyv7.shtml

It is clear that all three religions believe in some type of judgment at the end of death to account for one's beliefs. Heaven and Hell After the judgment day in each religion, each person will either go to heaven or hell. Hell is defined as a state of being of unrepentant souls who are damned to eternal punishment after death. The Islamic and Judaic religions describe hell as being eternally separated from God. The Christians describe hell as a burning lake of fire and brimstone. In each religion, the soul does not reach a final resting-place. People will either spend an eternity in heaven or hell, once they have been judged. In each religion there has to be some point of salvation, through God's grace. Although they all have monotheistic views of God, they all have differences when it comes to the core of their beliefs. Conclusion After examining these aspects of the three great Western religions, it appears that the similarities between them actually outweigh the differences. All are monotheistic traditions believing in the same God, all three trace their lineage to Abraham, and each believes in a judgment day followed by an afterlife spent in either Heaven or Hell.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 22:16
    Three brothers? I prefer to think of them as the Three Stooges.
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 22:20
    Originally posted by rwingett

Here you go again Rwingo. You are being irrational. You don't want to waste your time with religion yet you constantly react to it. What's wrong with you ?
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 22:30
    You know this is probably an unintended very accurate metaphor. As you will recall the Three Stooges (and later Shemp) were indeed brothers in real life. And as you will recall they always demonized and blamed the others for being "boneheads." And they slapped one another around a lot.
  5. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 22:32
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    You know this is probably an unintended very accurate metaphor. As you will recall the Three Stooges (and later Shemp) were indeed brothers in real life. And as you will recall they always demonized and blamed the others for being "boneheads." And they slapped one another around a lot.

.... and where does Rwingo come into the picture ?
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 22:33
    Originally posted by ivanhoe

.... and where does Rwingo come into the picture ?
    I imagine he would be most like Mo. He was always justifiably cynical.
  7. R.I.P.
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 22:34
    Its odd the useless snippets of information one comes across when surfing the net, apparantly Curly is buried in a place called Baldy View 🙂
  8. R.I.P.
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 22:50
    Getting back on track, it is odd how each regards the others spiritual leaders.

Judaism thinks that Jesus is nothing more than a Rabbi.

Where as Judaism & Chritianity don't view Mohammed as holy.

But Islam that Abraham, David, Moses & Jesus are great prophets
  9. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 00:16
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    I remember reading a book once where the author claimed that the 3 religions were just different incarnations of the same thing.

here is the last paragraph from the following link which sums it up far better than I ever could.
    http://www.essays.cc/free_essays/f3/nyv7.shtml

It is clear that all three religions believe in some type of judgment at th ...[text shortened]... am, and each believes in a judgment day followed by an afterlife spent in either Heaven or Hell.
    The question is whether these similarities between the 3 religions make a God more or less likely.

You raise an excellent point, though I'm not sure for which side.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 00:33
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Getting back on track, it is odd how each regards the others spiritual leaders.

Judaism thinks that Jesus is nothing more than a Rabbi.

Where as Judaism & Chritianity don't view Mohammed as holy.

But Islam that Abraham, David, Moses & Jesus are great prophets
    You leave out the most important part,, all three have murdered their way through history to satifify the blood lust of their god.
    And there is no end in sight either.
  11. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:03
    Originally posted by Darfius
    The question is whether these similarities between the 3 religions make a God more or less likely.

You raise an excellent point, though I'm not sure for which side.
    I don't think it is evidence either way. It is simply an observation. It is interesting to see though Darfius that you appear to accept now that Allah is the same God as Yaweh and the Christian God. Is that right?

Henry
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:14
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    I don't think it is evidence either way. It is simply an observation. It is interesting to see though Darfius that you appear to accept now that Allah is the same God as Yaweh and the Christian God. Is that right?

Henry
    I was referring to the monotheistic god they all have. No, Allah is not the God of the Bible.
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:36
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I was referring to the monotheistic god they all have. No, Allah is not the God of the Bible.
    I had an Egyptian friend in the ministry. As a devout xtian, he prayed to "Allah," since that means god in Arabic. If you read a Bible that has been translated into Arabic, it also says, "Allah" for "God."

So Allah is the God of the Bible. You didn't think God's name was really "God" did you?

What am I saying? We're not talking.

<anoints himself with holy oil>, <proceeds naturally>
  14. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 01:42
    Originally posted by telerion
    I had an Egyptian friend in the ministry. As a devout xtian, he prayed to "Allah," since that means god in Arabic. If you read a Bible that has been translated into Arabic, it also says, "Allah" for "God."

So Allah is the God of the Bible. You didn't think God's name was really "God" did you?

What am I saying? We're not talking.

<anoints himself with holy oil>, <proceeds naturally>

You're such a meathead .... unbelievable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree