1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 11:351 edit
    They are just kind of random vox pops but they are very interesting...

Israelis: Who is Mohammad for you?
    YouTube

Israelis: Who is Jesus to you?
    YouTube

Palestinians: Who is Jesus for you?
    YouTube

Israelis: Is Judaism more similar to Christianity or Islam?
    YouTube

As you will see, there are quite a lot of others riffing on various aspects of the rickety relationship between the three Abrahamic religions.

What's curious is that I can't find one about What Palestinians think of Judaism. Maybe it hasn't been posted yet, or maybe I overlooked it. Please add it below if you find it.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 11:41
    Interesting stuff, albeit not scientific! 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/user/coreygilshuster/videos
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 13:052 edits
    Judaism is more akin to Islam because it is governed by rules and ordinances and produces a ritualistic form of worship whereas Christianity has as its basis the exercise of conscience. Not only that but some of these rules like mutta and halala are offensive to any sentient being.

Halala - The term "hulla", which is derived from the verb halla, which means rendering halal, means the marriage of a woman who was divorced by her husband to marry another man first in order to marry her previous husband again. This deed is also called tahlil or tahlil ash-shar'iyya. - http://www.questionsonislam.com/question/what-halala-hulla

So lets get this, if a woman was divorced by her husband and wants to marry him again she must first marry with another man in order to marry her first husband again.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 13:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Judaism is more akin to Islam because it is governed by rules and ordinances and produces a ritualistic form of worship whereas Christianity has as its basis the exercise of conscience. Not only that but some of these rules like mutta and halala are offensive to any sentient being.
    When it comes to the status of Jesus, Islam and Christianity are somewhat closer to each other (in that they both believe that Jesus was sent by God and they both believe that there will be a second coming of Christ) than either are to Judaism (which views Jesus as an impostor and false prophet).
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 15:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    When it comes to the status of Jesus, Islam and Christianity are somewhat closer to each other (in that they both believe that Jesus was sent by God and they both believe that there will be a second coming of Christ) than either are to Judaism (which views Jesus as an impostor and false prophet).
    Islam and Christianity also both agree that Jesus was born of a virgin and that he performed miracles.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 20:43
    Depends...

Which groups of Jews we talking about?

Which group of Muslims we talking about?

Which group of Christians we talking about?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 22:56
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Depends...

Which groups of Jews we talking about?

Which group of Muslims we talking about?

Which group of Christians we talking about?
    Well the stuff in the OP is just ordinary folks on the street - not theologians - ambushed by an interviewer. Didn't you watch any of it? The question in the thread title is, I suppose, a theological one.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 01:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well the stuff in the OP is just ordinary folks on the street - not theologians - ambushed by an interviewer. Didn't you watch any of it? The question in the thread title is, I suppose, a theological one.
    My point remains. Your categories are meaningless.

I guess you should have said these paticular...
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 01:44
    My point remains. Your categories are meaningless.

I guess you should have said these paticular...
    Which "categories" are meaningless?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 02:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Which "categories" are meaningless?
    Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

They are terms that mran different things to different people.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 02:08
    Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

They are terms that mran different things to different people.
    But isn't that exactly what the material in the OP demonstrates?

Have you commented on this thread topic without bothering to look at the OP?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 02:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    But isn't that exactly what the material in the OP demonstrates?

Have you commented on this thread topic without bothering to look at the OP?
    Of course.

I am on a phone with slow Internet.

Glad you agree that self proclaimed titles are irrelevant.

Some may say who are you to say that I am not a christian but I might say who are you to say you are?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 03:13
    Glad you agree that self proclaimed titles are irrelevant.

Some may say who are you to say that I am not a christian but I might say who are you to say you are?
    People identifying themselves as Jews, Christians and Muslims and being adherents of those religions is "irrelevant"?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 03:371 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    People identifying themselves as Jews, Christians and Muslims and being adherents of those religions is "irrelevant"?
    Of course.

You must know much more about what they believe not just the title the claim.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 04:151 edit
    Christianity and Islam are similar in that they are both evangelic type religions, Judaism not so much.

Islam and Judaism are similar in that they believe that eternal life can be obtained via good works alone, there is no atonement for sin other than your good works. Neither believe that Jesus was the Son of God who is there atonement for sin.

Judaism and Christianity are similar in that they both believe that the Old Testament in the Bible is the inspired word of God that has not been tampered with. Also, both look to the Messiah to set the world right again.

Islam is unique in that it is more of a political ideology that focuses on bringing about God's kingdom through government and Sharia law. This means military conquest if need be.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree