1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    01 Jun '05 05:33
    An Indianapolis father is appealing a Marion County judge's unusual order that prohibits him and his ex-wife from exposing their child to "non-mainstream religious beliefs and rituals."

    The parents practice Wicca, a contemporary pagan religion that emphasizes a balance in nature and reverence for the earth.

    Cale J. Bradford, chief judge of the Marion Superior Court, kept the unusual provision in the couple's divorce decree last year over their fierce objections, court records show. The order does not define a mainstream religion.

    Bradford refused to remove the provision after the 9-year-old boy's outraged parents, Thomas E. Jones Jr. and his ex-wife, Tammie U. Bristol, protested last fall.


    Rest of the article at : http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050526/NEWS01/505260481

    Good going on that freedom of religion guys.
  2. Not Kansas
    Joined
    10 Jul '04
    Moves
    6405
    01 Jun '05 05:451 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    [i]An Indianapolis father is appealing a Marion County judge's unusual order that prohibits him and his ex-wife from exposing their child to "non-mainstream religious beliefs and rituals."

    The parents practice Wicca, a contemporary ...[text shortened]... 6/NEWS01/505260481

    Good going on that freedom of religion guys.
    [/i]I don't know what "discrepency" is referred to.
    Might be worth keeping an eye on.
    I've been fooled before by seemingly outrageous stories "in the news" that turn out to be somebody's attempt to get attention for one's cause, so colour me a skeptic.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Joined
    06 Sep '04
    Moves
    25076
    01 Jun '05 07:11
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    [/i]I don't know what "discrepency" is referred to.
    Might be worth keeping an eye on.
    I've been fooled before by seemingly outrageous stories "in the news" that turn out to be somebody's attempt to get attention for one's cause, so colour me a skeptic.
    Apparently going to a Catholic school is not compatiable with being exposed to other religions in the home.
  4. NY
    Joined
    29 Mar '05
    Moves
    1085
    01 Jun '05 07:29
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    [i]An Indianapolis father is appealing a Marion County judge's unusual order that prohibits him and his ex-wife from exposing their child to "non-mainstream religious beliefs and rituals."

    The parents practice Wicca, a contemporary pagan religion that emphasizes a balance in nature and reverence for the earth.

    Cale J. Bradford, chief judge of the ...[text shortened]... /pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050526/NEWS01/505260481

    Good going on that freedom of religion guys.
    I say take it to the supreme court.. theyl tell that judge hes a F$#king idiot... and its a direct breach of there freedom of religion... you'd think that a judge of all people would understand that the Wiccan religion is recognized and protected by the law... even in the cases of people wanting to participate or hold rituals in jail.. they will prevail im sure...
  5. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36063
    01 Jun '05 08:11
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Apparently going to a Catholic school is not compatiable with being exposed to other religions in the home.
    Move the kid to a secular school. Problem solved.
  6. NY
    Joined
    29 Mar '05
    Moves
    1085
    01 Jun '05 08:16
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Move the kid to a secular school. Problem solved.
    yeah.. that would be the easy thing to do.. but i think the point is the judge had no right legaly to do that... i say move them to a different school.. and still take the damn judge to court... fight for your rights.
Back to Top