Judge ?

Judge ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Jul 11

Is it just me or are the ones on here who say we shouldn't judge others do the most judging themselves?

I'm not going to bring up any names (yet), but in general I find this a recurring theme on this forum and since it seems to be one of the main tenets of christianity, I think we could all learn something by fleshing out this point.

Thought?

Maryland

Moves
04 Jul 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Is it just me or are the ones on here who say we shouldn't judge others do the most judging themselves?

I'm not going to bring up any names (yet), but in general I find this a recurring theme on this forum and since it seems to be one of the main tenets of christianity, I think we could all learn something by fleshing out this point.

Thought?
Not in my judgment!

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
04 Jul 11

Thought?
I'd agree, but it seems a little judgemental...😀

"Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Jul 11
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I'd agree, but it seems a little judgemental...😀

"Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."
Dam. You have shown me the shortcomings of my thread idea. Back to the noodling room. (edit:and you too ,joe)

d

Moves
05 Jul 11

noodling room! i think i might steal this.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
05 Jul 11

Thought?
That's awfully judgemental of you. 😛

P

weedhopper

Moves
05 Jul 11

Christians are not forbidden to "judge"---we are supposed to use our God-given brains and judge what to do, how to act, etc. Many times, were are warned not to believe false doctrine (liars) and to watch people's actions to get a true idea of what they believe (seeing what "fruit they bear"😉. That requires judging. The judging we are NOT to do is God-like judging--deciding that a person is incorrigible and cannot be saved, and therefore we should give up on them. Or being bigoted and judging someone based on something other than their deeds.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
05 Jul 11

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Christians are not forbidden to "judge"---we are supposed to use our God-given brains and judge what to do, how to act, etc. Many times, were are warned not to believe false doctrine (liars) and to watch people's actions to get a true idea of what they believe (seeing what "fruit they bear"😉. That requires judging. The judging we are NOT to do is God-li ...[text shortened]... p on them. Or being bigoted and judging someone based on something other than their deeds.
That is exactly how I understand it as well. There is a big difference when it comes to judging and people just don't really get it. That is why it is important to study the Bible to gain knowledge of what God really means.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Jul 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
That's awfully judgemental of you. 😛
Not really, just an observation. It might even be an innacurate observation. I'm just asking .

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Jul 11

Thought?
We're all guilty of making judgements in way or another. We all have a sense of what is right or wrong for whatever reasons one chooses. Of course, passing judgement to condemnation is wrong, but judging the validity or logic about a topic or subject is completely legitimate. Even if you're wrong.

Does it not make sense that the closer one comes to the truth(about anything)the more accurate one's judgements will be?

Planet Rain

Moves
09 Jul 11

Thought?
It's hard to resist throwing stones in a glass house when all your enemies have a glass jaw...

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
10 Jul 11

Thought?
If you read on where jesus says not to judge, he tells you to first take the log out of your eye and then you can judge rightly.

Moves
10 Jul 11

Thought?
ooh... bring up the names now, bring them up now...please

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Jul 11

Originally posted by RBHILL
If you read on where jesus says not to judge, he tells you to first take the log out of your eye and then you can judge rightly.
Do you think 50% of the christian posters on this forum have logs in their eye or not?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Jul 11

Originally posted by divegeester
ooh... bring up the names now, bring them up now...please
you first