1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    23 May '18 21:39
    If a person never hears the Gospel, and then dies. How is that person judged in the afterlife?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 May '18 22:24
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    If a person never hears the Gospel, and then dies. How is that person judged in the afterlife?
    According to your Christian brothers they will be eternally tormented
  3. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    23 May '18 22:27
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Mmm. I don't think so. This question can apply to babies, Aborigine tribesmen, people born deaf and blind, etc. The popular view of Christians is not what you answered.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 May '18 22:323 edits
    Speaking for myself here. There are situations in which I do not know how God will determine final judgement.

It is useless for one to press me that I MUST know.

ie. " But you have to know in order to have an air tight theology, a completely consistent system of belief."

But I don't know some things. I appreciate Moses' word that what IS revealed is for our obedience. And what is NOT revealed simply belongs to God.

"The things that are hidden belong to Jehovah our God; but the things that are revealed, to us and our children, that we may do all the words of this law." (Deuteronomy 29:29, RcV)
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '18 22:34
    “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out.”​—JOHN 5:28, 29.

All humans that have died will be resurrected because death cancels all sins they committed before they died.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord."

But this is when the "thousand years" comes into play and when the resurrection will happen that the bible speaks of. It's during this time that all we do then is what we will be judged on. Again all the sins we did before we died will not be judged on as they are forgiven and wiped out because of the death they went thru.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 May '18 22:53
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out.”​—JOHN 5:28, 29.

All humans that have died will be resurrected because death cancels all sins they committed before they died.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Ch ...[text shortened]... ed will not be judged on as they are forgiven and wiped out because of the death they went thru.
    Is this JW theology?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    23 May '18 23:12
    Justly, by God.

That's all you need to know. 😉
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '18 23:12
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Is this JW theology?
    I would think those scriptures are quit clear....
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    23 May '18 23:13
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    You mean according to your gospel of condemnation.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    23 May '18 23:18
    Originally posted by @galveston75

Romans 6:23 "For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Ch ...[text shortened]... ed will not be judged on as they are forgiven and wiped out because of the death they went thru.
    "All humans that have died will be resurrected because death cancels all sins they committed before they died."

There is absolutely no biblical support for that lie.

And the death of Jesus is worthless according to your unbiblical and heretical doctrine of devils.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 May '18 23:19
    I searched on

bible those who never heard the gospel

No quotation marks.

And got a slew of links. I think the grand summary Christian advice is to study and pray, knowing that all will be resolved by the Lord.

Although a lot of the links use a lot of words to get there.
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    23 May '18 23:512 edits
    My opening question was leading, but so I could bring up the real subject. No one bit.

In my experience, most Christians I know, including ministers, answer with this general idea: "In these cases, the person is judged based on the condition of their heart."

Does this sound reasonable, or would you agree that this view is fairly standard?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '18 00:521 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Justly, by God.

That's all you need to know. 😉
    Amen.
    That was Abraham's expectation.

" ... Shall the Judge of all the earth not do justly?" (Gen. 18:25b)
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    24 May '18 01:201 edit
    Oh well. You can lead a horse to water 'n all that.

The point I wanted to debate is this: If it is true that--having neither heard the Gospel nor having a chance to accept or reject Christ--you die... aren't you judged after death up in heaven by the condition of your heart?

Again, I hear this from actual pastors.

So if that's true--then what of atheists? Jesus said the elect have the ears to hear and the eyes to see, while the rest don't. If the atheist has the inability to hear or see the Gospel--is that person thus judged according to the condition of his/her heart, similar to others who never heard the Gospel or saw the evidence? Does this mean kind-hearted atheists have a chance for a different kind of judgment?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 May '18 01:35
    The point I wanted to debate is this: If it is true that--having neither heard the Gospel nor having a chance to accept or reject Christ--you die... aren't you judged after death up in heaven by the condition of your heart?
    It's as if you believe that "the Gospel" has some sort of magical poisonous quality: come into contact with it and suddenly you are guilty of a heinous punishable thoughtcrime if you do not find what believers extrapolate from it credible or persuasive. It sounds like the kind of notion that is meant for fellow believers' consumption ~ for them to imbibe in their feverish "Us" denunciations of "Them". indeed, it sounds thoroughly mundane and not "divine" in the slightest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree