1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 02:21
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    A quarter million people died in the destruction caused by an earthquake in China on July 28, 1976. What holiday came the day before that?

Holidays are not a pre-requesite for signs from God. Let me give you the verse that makes me think they were signs.

3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,[a]’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 02:461 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Holidays are not a pre-requesite for signs from God. Let me give you the verse that makes me think they were signs.

3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will t ...[text shortened]... ious places
    . 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.
    [/b]
    Yeah, Jesus sure went out on a limb with those predictions.

Watch out! There will be wars between nations in the future. Some people will even talk about war. Also, there will be famines, just like there have always been periodically. Finally, there will be earthquakes at different places on earth.

With that sort of specific detail, Jesus makes Nostradamus look like some postmodernist poet.

I think I'll try my hand by predicting that not only will the things Jesus predicted occur, but so will volcanic eruptions in various places, floods in various places, wildfires in various places, and comet sightings in various places.

How do I do it? Let's just say I have a good feeling about this one.

3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 02:48
    Originally posted by telerion

Watch out! There will be wars between nations in the future. Some people will even talk about war. Also, there will be famines, just like there have always been periodically. Finally, there will be earthquakes at different places on earth.

With that sort of specific detail, Jesus makes ...[text shortened]... in various places.

I notice you didn't comment on the "many will come in my name, saying I am the Christ" part.

Since you know hundreds of people in this century alone have claimed to be the Christ.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 03:10
    I notice you didn't comment on the "many will come in my name, saying I am the Christ" part.

Since you know hundreds of people in this century alone have claimed to be the Christ.
    Really? I didn't realize so many. Like who really has claimed to be Jesus Christ the person?

Don't give people who just claimed to "be Christ for people" or "be the face of Christ to a hurting world."

Maybe you could rattle off fifty or so of these hundreds?
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 03:12
    Originally posted by telerion

With that sort of specific detail, Jesus makes ...[text shortened]... in various places.

On March 1, when it was sunny and warm, I predicted a storm would roll in the last week of March. It did.

Two observations and a question:

1. My prediction was more specific than anything in the Bible.
    2. My prediction was more specific than anything in Nostradamus.

Does my accuracy meet the biblical test for a prophet?
  6. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 03:21
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Also, the Pope died on the only day in my life I put salsa on my eggs. I think the salsa was old and sour because I immediately needed to take a crap right after I ate them. The second I came out of the bathroom the TV had announced his death. Coincidence? I think not.
    OMFG!

I think this is one of the Seven Signs in Revelation!

REPENT! REPENT!

Nemesio
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 03:23
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    On March 1, when it was sunny and warm, I predicted a storm would roll in the last week of March. It did.

I happen to have on good authority that Wulebgr's real name is
    Obadiah and that he was born during an eclipse of the moon while
    Jupiter was in Capricorn's house. This should give credence to his
    claim to prophetic status.

Nemesio
  8. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 03:29
    Darfius:

If the Earth and the human race are still alive and kicking 100 years from now, would that make it seem to you that the Bible was not the word of God after all?

How about a thousand years? A million?
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 03:55
    Originally posted by Wulebgr

Wait. You must claim that others will post here claiming to be you.
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 04:09
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Darfius:

If the Earth and the human race are still alive and kicking 100 years from now, would that make it seem to you that the Bible was not the word of God after all?

How about a thousand years? A million?
    Paul, if Jesus returns in 10 years, would that make it seem like the Bible was the Word of God?
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 04:14
    Paul, if Jesus returns in 10 years, would that make it seem like the Bible was the Word of God?
    That makes me truly wonder reading the book of Revelation if man will never live on the moon or mars, LOL. 😛

My dad is so lost which is sad of course :'( taht he thinks 🙄 taht us humans will populate the universe.

Darfius pray for my parents.😀
  12. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 04:22
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That makes me truly wonder reading the book of Revelation if man will never live on the moon or mars, LOL. 😛

My dad is so lost which is sad of course :'( taht he thinks 🙄 taht us humans will populate the universe.

Who says man wont populate the universe? No one knows when Jesus will return, it may be another thousand or 2 years,
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 04:23

😀

😞

You got it, Brother.
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 04:23
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Who says man wont populate the universe? No one knows when Jesus will return, it may be another thousand or 2 years,
    Scripture says differently, Brother.
  15. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Apr '05 04:32
    Scripture says differently, Brother.
    Im not the smartest thing around, could you give me some reference where it says differently?

I read a book awhile back where a guy said that Jesus is coming in at a certain year, he showed everyone how he found it in the bible, that year came and passed, Hes the Guy that started "7th day adventist"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree