1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 11:13
    to get rid of them I lied and said I was a devout roman catholic..….jesus what a whopper
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 12:14
    @badradger said
    to get rid of them I lied and said I was a devout roman catholic..….jesus what a whopper
    Maybe, just maybe, one of them was Robbie.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 14:35
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Maybe, just maybe, one of them was Robbie.
    nah I know Robbie, he was one of my cohorts.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 14:583 edits
    @badradger

Are you proud of yourself that you lied?

Are you smug that you could not tell them what you believed?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 17:321 edit
    @sonship said
    @badradger
    Are you proud of yourself that you lied?
    Are you smug that you could not tell them what you believed?
    Why don’t you give the pompous religious ass routine a rest for a day or two.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 17:40
    @divegeester

Why don’t you give the pompous religious ass routine a rest for a day or two.

Sounds like you're oozing with taking my participation in this thread very personally.
  7. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 22:22
    @badradger said
    When I was a 19-year-old physics major I had a pair come visit me one afternoon, and I argued with them point for point. They came back again the next day or so, and again we had a lengthy dialogue at the door (probably around half an hour). They said they could come back another time with a video for me to watch, which they did. I let 'em inside and we watched the video together. I picked nits with almost everything claimed in the video. This was many years ago, but, long story short, there came a time when they stopped coming back.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 22:37
    @soothfast said
    When I was a 19-year-old physics major I had a pair come visit me one afternoon, and I argued with them point for point. They came back again the next day or so, and again we had a lengthy dialogue at the door (probably around half an hour). They said they could come back another time with a video for me to watch, which they did. I let 'em inside and we watched the video ...[text shortened]... o. This was many years ago, but, long story short, there came a time when they stopped coming back.
    I asked the ones who visited me “do I have to be a member of your church in order to be eligible to receive salvation?” Never saw them again.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 04:30
    What I like is how we are supposed to think that the JWs were totally outgunned here and just "bought" it in the scenarios that were brought up.

Somewhere the JWs exchange stories about how silly many of the people they come into contact with are.

We should not gossip.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 05:01
    I was pretty close to a JW couple in the UK who eventually got disfellowshipped after which they became ordinary Christians. I had some interesting discussions with two who came round a few times when I lived in Australia. I became friends with a Japanese man and wife who were JWs and we had lunch several times. I've always thought that if you tell those that come to the door that you don't want to discuss anything, they just move along. I've never found them to be pushy like Scientologists or timeshare salespeople.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 06:161 edit
    @philokalia said
    What I like is how we are supposed to think that the JWs were totally outgunned here and just "bought" it in the scenarios that were brought up.

Somewhere the JWs exchange stories about how silly many of the people they come into contact with are.

We should not gossip.
    Would you like me to post the lastest update on the world wide child sex abuse scandal which has revealed the sordid underbelly of this pernicious cult?

Like for example how the Australian government apologised this last week for the revelations of thousands of cases of child sex abuse revealed in the Royal Commission’s report in the matter which involved Jehovah’s Witnesseses and leaders from other church denominations?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 10:44
    @sonship yes I am proud I lied, they are like flies round $h1te, cant get rid of them, they travel round in packs, they sould be banned from door nocking.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 12:181 edit
    @badradger

@sonship yes I am proud I lied, they are like flies round $h1te, cant get rid of them, they travel round in packs, they sould be banned from door nocking.

I understand you were annoyed. But there's not too much difference in that and someone starting a whole thread on Spirituality just about an irritating encounter.

Every time you log on to your PC you have people clamoring for your attention for this, that, and the other - what to buy, what to covet after, what to join, etc. etc.

What positive thing in the pursuit of the spiritual might we derive from this ? I'm looking for the overall positive aspect of this for my search for spiritual reality.

Your day was interrupted and you were irritated. You dispensed of their outreach quickly with a lie.

Okay. The lesson in this is _____________ ?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 13:081 edit
    @sonship said
    The lesson is that an OP like this sets up a message board chat where a range of views are shared and people behave the way they behave. Phiolkalia has made an interesting point. Ghost of a Duke has made a lighthearted insider reference. I have shared a story. Soothfast has also shared a story. divegeester has mentioned a pertinent point about the organization. And then there's you. What have you brought to the thread? Well you are sanctimonious, of course, and you're browbeating another poster in your usual holier-than-thou way. That's the lesson from a thread like this. We are the way we are, and we are what we post.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 15:28
    @sonship said
    @badradger

I understand you were annoyed. But there's not too much difference in that and someone starting a whole thread on Spirituality just about an irritating encounter.

Every time you ...[text shortened]... You dispensed of their outreach quickly with a lie.

next time the JWs come a knocking I shall open the door to them wearing nothing but a smile that should frighten the holy crap out of them when they see the size of my massive...….

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree