1. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:57
    Originally posted by sven1000
    I'll say it, too. Killing is not acceptable under any circumstances.
    and you too.
  2. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 22:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I realize that a single sniper may not be the best method, but don't believe that the American military could not have killed Saddam Husein. There are many ways to go about it including a well placed missile/bomb from an aircraft, a AUV, or even sending in a commando unit.
    Whatever the case it would have been possible to kill Saddam Hussein (and possibly ...[text shortened]... oil fields and making some money were the real reasons behind the war it wasn't done that way.
    ... but it is not acceptable to assassinate the head of state. You will never (I stand to be corrected) hear of any leader calling publicly for the head of another nation to be assassinated. A bit too dangerous for all leaders I think to play games like that. That is why the charade of 'regime change' and not being seen to be connected (well too obviously connected) to the trial and this farcical stance of being dissassociated with the penalty from the trial (and yet refusing to send known killers back to a country where the result of any trial might be execution)!!!

Sad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree