1. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 11:13
    ...but only just.

Does anyone on this forum think that it is NOT acceptable, under ANY circumstances, to kill another human being?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 13:29
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    ...but only just.

Does anyone on this forum think that it is NOT acceptable, under ANY circumstances, to kill another human being?
    Pacifists?
  3. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 14:00
    ...but only just.

God sure as hell doesn't.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 14:18
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 18:37
    ...but only just.

to defend myself - NOT A PROBLEM 😉
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 22:202 edits
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    apart from the alleged great flood, through which he spared only 2 creatures per species!!! (did all humans deserve this fate?, and what did the animals do?...bit shady this God fellow if you ask me)
  7. The sky
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 22:42
    Originally posted by Agerg
    apart from the alleged great flood, through which he spared only 2 creatures per species!!! (did all humans deserve this fate?, and what did the animals do?...bit shady this God fellow if you ask me)
    Pawnokeyhole was saying that God sure as hell doesn't think it's NOT acceptable, so your "apart from" doesn't make sense.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 23:022 edits
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Pawnokeyhole was saying that God sure as hell doesn't think it's NOT acceptable, so your "apart from" doesn't make sense.
    I made a mistake!! 😳 sorry Pawnkeyhole
  9. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 Jan '07 23:08
    Originally posted by josephw
    Genesis 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
    that is true even today, in ghettos and in middle east etc. but i think it is saying those are God's children if you kill them you are killing his children. sometimes even i dont like his children lol
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 00:46
    Originally posted by Agerg
    What is [/b]? To answer your question, as the story goes, genesis 6:5 says," And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." Look at verses 6 and 7 for more detail if you want to.
  11. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    21 Jan '07 17:00
    Hold on chaps. This question is a simple one, and as far as I can see there are no positive answers.

Is there anyone out there who thinks it is unacceptable to kill another human being; no matter what the circumstances?
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 00:38
    Hold on chaps. This question is a simple one, and as far as I can see there are no positive answers.

Is there anyone out there who thinks it is unacceptable to kill another human being; no matter what the circumstances?
    What do you mean " no matter what the circumstances?" ?
  13. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 00:47

Ideally I would say I would never do anything intentionally to harm another human being . . . This is the only moral I have.

However if someone gave me the option: You kill that person or I will kill you, I cannot say what would happen.

In certain imposed circumstances the question of acceptability becomes unknown and unanswerable.

Even in this simplisticly posed scenario. . . .
  14. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 01:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    What do you mean " no matter what the circumstances?" ?
    exactly that: no matter what the circumstances, is it unacceptable to kill another human being?
  15. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 02:13
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    Ideally I would say I would never do anything intentionally to harm another human being . . . This is the only moral I have.

However if someone gave me the option: You kill that person or I will kill you, I cannot say what would happen.

In certain imposed circumstances the question of acceptability becomes unknown and unanswerable.

Even in this simplisticly posed scenario. . . .
    i would kill the one who was gonna kill me

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree