Just wondering...

Just wondering...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Oct 11

Originally posted by sumydid
LOL!

Ok you caught me blowing hot air about the Euro.

As far as your claim that cancer survival rates are as good in England as they are in the US. You're just wrong. The US survival rate is 119% that of England.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1560849/UK-cancer-survival-rate-lowest-in-Europe.html

And my point stands on the seperatio ...[text shortened]... ear-in or be inaugurated using the phrase "So help me God" is not a violation of the precept.
Ahh, that is my mistake, wrong terminology.

The death rate from cancer is statistically identical between the USA and the England.

Survival as measured as those still alive 5 years after diagnosis is not a true comparison as
in the USA you do more screening so you catch more cancers early thus the point of diagnosis
is earlier and thus more people survive to the 5 year mark.
This doesn't mean they survive longer or fewer people die, just that they survive longer after
diagnosis.

However the total people dying annually per head population is the same.

As for church and state separation... If you have people declaring to god that they will uphold the
state office to which they have been elected, then that is most certainly a breach of the separation
of church and state.

If you want proof just think what kind of reaction there would (you would have) be if a new president
(other high official) declared that they were not going to swear to god with a hand on a bible...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
Ahh, that is my mistake, wrong terminology.

The death rate from cancer is statistically identical between the USA and the England.

Survival as measured as those still alive 5 years after diagnosis is not a true comparison as
in the USA you do more screening so you catch more cancers early thus the point of diagnosis
is earlier and thus more peopl ther high official) declared that they were not going to swear to god with a hand on a bible...
Are you trying to outdo Dasa?

P.S. You better give up.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Oct 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Are you trying to outdo Dasa?

P.S. You better give up.
What are you doing spamming up the forum? Surely you can't be that bored?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Oct 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What are you doing spamming up the forum? Surely you can't be that bored?
Just trying to provide a little humor. We all need to laugh. It's good for
the soul.

Moves
24 Oct 11

the soul.
Humour is indeed good for the soul (metaphorical or otherwise) however it also has to be funny.

Accusing me/my post of being like dasa's is just nonsensical.

There is nothing of that post reminiscent of dasa...
First I admit and correct a mistake I made...
Second I don't say anything not factually demonstrably true...
Third I don't call anyone dishonest or unworthy of discussion...
And fourth my opinions as stated are mine and not ones I borrowed from some ancient text I don't really understand.

Given then that my post is not substantively or stylistically anything like dasa's usual offerings, how is it funny to say
I am trying to outdo dasa?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Oct 11

the soul.
Your posts are anything but funny though Ron.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

#3) If the claims of an 'evolutionary process' are to be taken seriously, why on earth did basic standards of personal hygiene and the upgrade of open latrines and flowing ditches in the street to outhouses and indoor plumbing require so much more time to evolve than fire and chess and the wheel? #4) Why was Socrate's no-nonsense method of questioning so threatening to the status quo?

gb
"5) What type of animal is the Snuffaluffagus and what would one speculate on as

the likely belief system informing the basis of his or her supreme being worship?

😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Oct 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Your posts are anything but funny though Ron.
Some people have a better sense of humor. Sorry. I can not be facetious
and be funny to all people.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
25 Oct 11

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"5) What type of animal is the Snuffaluffagus and what would one speculate on as

the likely belief system informing the basis of his or her supreme being worship?

😉[/b]
I think it's Snuffaluppagus.

And it's interesting that you bring up the subject because I've always wondered--

What is the plural of Snuffalupagus?

Snuffalupagae?

And if so, it sounds like it would be a great punch line to a disturbing joke.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by sumydid
I think it's Snuffaluppagus.

And it's interesting that you bring up the subject because I've always wondered--

What is the plural of Snuffalupagus?

Snuffalupagae?

And if so, it sounds like it would be a great punch line to a disturbing joke.
By now, Snuffy may have graduated from Snufflegarten to DVBS and Sunday School.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Snuffleupagus

😀

Edit: What an all time great nickname for child's puppy or teddy bear... Snuffy.