1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '12 17:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i posted a whole passage from James yet you maker no reference to it and seem
    content to pour scorn on all who draw serious attention to the deficiencies of your
    approach, why is that? Please try to refrain from posting elements that are not explicit
    in the text, terms like the triune God are not found in the Bible, neither is a 'mingling',
    with Christ, you may state that they are inferred, but no more than that.

neither is a 'mingling',

"Mingled" is a word used in the Bible. In the typology of the MEAL OFFERING which is a type of Christ.

Some expositors see in the "fine flour mingled with oil" the symbol of the mingling of Divinity and Humanity in Christ the reality of all the offerings.

This can be discussed sometime in another thread. This would be a discussion on the symbolism of "Leviticus 2:1-16".
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 09:04
    Originally posted by jaywill

neither is a 'mingling',

[b]"Mingled"
    is a word used in the Bible. In the typology of the MEAL OFFERING which is a type of Christ.

Some expositors see in the "fine flour mingled with oil" the symbol of the mingling of Divinity and Humanity in ...[text shortened]... nother thread. This would be a discussion on the symbolism of "Leviticus 2:1-16".[/b]
    which is a type of Christ? pure exegesis Jaywill, not explicitly stated in the text.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 11:391 edit
    which is a type of Christ? pure exegesis Jaywill, not explicitly stated in the text.

All of the Levitical offerings are symbols of the one all inclusive offering of Christ.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 12:244 edits
    if you are organically linked to the Christ as you claim then ones faith will automatically
    demonstrate that fact through works, will it not, for it cannot be possible to be part of
    the Christ and not demonstrate this fact through the medium of works, in other words,
    the evident demonstration of the reality of the claim is seen , not through th ny with
    the Law of the Christ, our profession of faith and our works are actually useless.
    What is it but an indication that despite faith, despite works, if we are not living in harmony with the Law of the Christ, our profession of faith and our works are actually useless.

I have no real problem with this.

But the so-called Law of Christ is "the law of the Spirit of life ..." (Rom. 8:2)

I hope the veil will one day come off and the revelation will be seen.

I have written perhaps 100 times " ... the last Adam became a life giving Spirit". Jesus Christ Himself transfigured Himself into a form in which He can be imparted into our being as "a life giving Spirit" which He became.

This same "life giving Spirit" is received into the believer's kernel and nucleus innermost being, his human spirit. There He becomes joined and mingled with the human innermost spirit - "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

The believer has to learn to "set the mind on the spirit". That is like a salmon fish swimming UPSTREAM. We have learned all our lives to live apart from this innermost kernel - the human spirit. It is comatose in the man who has not yet received Christ.

The "Law of Christ" is ACTUALLY the spontaneous regulating inner life of Christ as He is "the Spirit of life" (Rom. 8:2) and the "life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

If you touch Him within He regulates, moves, overcomes for us, does EVERYTHING for us. It is truly a MINGLING of ourselves with the Person of God.

Now look at the passage - "For there is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death. ... That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but accordng to the spirit."

It is difficult for the translators sometimes to decide if they should give spirit a capital S or a small s. The reason for this is that so often the "spirit" that the New Testament speaks of is the - MINGLED SPIRIT.

It is hard to know which spirit the writer meant BECAUSE the Holy Spirit Who is God, in the Christian, is mingled and joined with the human spirit in the born again event. The TWO spirits become "one spirit" in mingling.

We don't have time to waste. We must receive this Spirit of Jesus Christ and learn to WALK ... step by step by the mingled spirit. This is the will of the Father that saves from all "lawlessness".
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 13:042 edits
    What is it but an indication that despite faith, despite works, if we are not living in harmony with the Law of the Christ, our profession of faith and our works are actually useless.

I have no real problem with this.

But the so-called Law of Christ is [b]"the law of the Spirit of life ..." (Rom. 8:2)

I hope the veil w is the will of the Father that saves from all "lawlessness".[/b]
    The "Law of Christ" is ACTUALLY the spontaneous regulating inner life of Christ ???

(Galatians 6:2) . . .Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and thus fulfill the law
    of the Christ. . .

What is Paul referring to, a personal salvation with its core as a kind of meism? or
    concern for other persons, those who are weak in faith, those who are carrying
    heavy burdens, those who are weighed down with religious teaching which brings no
    relief nor accurate knowledge of anything? Cross referencing Galatians we find
    these verses,

(John 13:34) I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just
    as I have loved you that you also love one another.
    (John 15:12) This is my commandment, that you love one another just as I have
    loved you.
    (1 John 4:21) And this commandment we have from him, that the one who loves
    God should be loving his brother also.

thus the Law of the Christ is a self sacrificing love for other people, a willingness to
    do things on their behalf, even in the face of adversity, even at personal expense,
    its as far removed from a 'Jesus in me', personal 'I am all right Jack'. salvation as
    one can get, that is why your teaching is so dangerous Jaywill, its emphasis is not
    on the Law od the Christ to love others, but on personal salvation! I know you know
    this makes absolute sense.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 13:07

[b] All
    of the Levitical offerings are symbols of the one all inclusive offering of Christ.[/b]
    ok, perhaps we can discuss it, it sounds rather interesting to b honest.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '12 13:43
    ok, perhaps we can discuss it, it sounds rather interesting to b honest.
    It is wonderful. It is marvelous.

I wish I can find the time to bring it up. Maybe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree