1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 09:20
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Blood has killed or infected millions of people with life threatening diseases, your words that it saves lives are empty and meaningless in their respect.
    And as you have said, even if blood transfusions have saved far more lives than they have caused deaths, the success or failure rate is meaningless in the context of the OP. Nevertheless, blood transfusions have saved countless hundreds of millions of lives and so an analogy to injecting alcohol into the veins ~ something that has no relationship whatsoever with trying to save a person's life ~ simply does not work.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 09:24
    All who adhere to the prohibition not to eat or drink a substance but to inject it intravenously are straining our gnats and gulping down camels, oh wait, you cannot actually gulp down a camel making the analogy effective, oh dear, was Jesus really talking about gulping down camels??
    There is a prohibition under Mosaic Law on eating animals' blood ~ I think it was either you or galveston75 who pointed it out. There are some other verses elsewhere in the Bible that are against pagan rituals and sacrifices involving blood, but nothing anywhere forbidding blood transfusions. A blood transfusion has got nothing whatsoever to do with "eating or drinking" blood.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 09:26
    that peoples personalities haver changed as a direct consequence of an intravenous blood transfusion i cannot say for sure....
    And yet literature from your organisation has quoted someone and appears to be making the case. Do you distance yourself from the claim's the Watchtower magazine made?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 09:28
    ...what this has to do with metaphysics I cannot say, is appears to me that your attempt to link the two is slobbery drool, the kind of which you foam up day to day, you being in my opinion, incapable of rational thought.
    What did you mean by the term "metaphysics" in this context then? There is no "metaphysical" link between a blood transfusion to save a life on one hand, and injecting alcohol and probably killing someone, on the other.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 09:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    What did you mean by the term "metaphysics" in this context then? There is no "metaphysical" link between a blood transfusion to save a life on one hand, and injecting alcohol and probably killing someone, on the other.
    metaphysics, seeing beyond what is merely physical, in this instance the use of an analogy which incorporated hyperbole to draw a distinction between the gravity of ingesting a substance and the gravity of intravenously injecting it, a distinction you failed to comprehend because you were focused on the physical.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 09:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet literature from your organisation has quoted someone and appears to be making the case. Do you distance yourself from the claim's the Watchtower magazine made?
    I have no way to corroborate it, i did not author it and why you seem intent on holding me accountable for what others have stated, I cannot say.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 10:46
    I have no way to corroborate it, i did not author it and why you seem intent on holding me accountable for what others have stated, I cannot say.
    The material in the "Watchtower" article strikes me as utter nonsense ~ it smacks of pagan beliefs, fuddle headed mysticism and superstition. That you have no opinion on what your own religious organisation has said about blood perhaps serves to illustrate the lack of genuine interest in this topic.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 10:49
    metaphysics, seeing beyond what is merely physical, in this instance the use of an analogy which incorporated hyperbole to draw a distinction between the gravity of ingesting a substance and the gravity of intravenously injecting it, a distinction you failed to comprehend because you were focused on the physical.
    You yourself focused on "the physical" when you used injecting alcohol into the veins as an analogy for something completely different: attempting to save a life with a blood transfusion. The 1961 Watchtower article seemed to want to talk about "metaphysical" attributes or powers of blood, and yet you are evading any discussion of it.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 11:181 edit
    have you tried boohoo.com, try it, buy yourself a dress.
    Do you think responding to reasoned debate like a 5 year old or a Looney Tunes character somehow enhances your credibility?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '14 11:19
    So the watchtower was publishing it's self certified uncorroborated opinion then?
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 05:11
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Another point is why didn't God add with his law on blood the exception of this: "abstain from blood unless you are starving and hungry especially if you are about to die"?
    Would not the eating of blood in the case of starvation be a reasonable request from humans to God? So if you believe that, why did he not say there are exceptions to that law?
    E ...[text shortened]... transfusing it into your body, right?

Lol. Where are all the christians? No answers to this?
    I answer you with Scripture

Matthew 12 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Sabbath Questions
    12 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabbath.” 3 But He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he became hungry, he and his companions, 4 how he entered the house of God, and they ate the consecrated bread, which was not lawful for him to eat nor for those with him, but for the priests alone? 5 Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent? 6 But I say to you that something greater than the temple is here. 7 But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire compassion, and not a sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the innocent.

Examples of the Law of God being broken but the last sentence is the crux of the whole matter ....I desire compassion....It is never lawful to harm or withhold doing good to your fellow man ....David and his men were hungry the priest fed them !! It technically was not lawful ....people hide behind the law in a legalistic way and withhold compassion but this is God really wants

Manny
  12. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 14:46
    Originally posted by menace71

Sabbath Questions
    12 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabb ...[text shortened]... ehind the law in a legalistic way and withhold compassion but this is God really wants

Manny
    black pudding
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 15:48
    Originally posted by menace71

Sabbath Questions
    12 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat. 2 But when the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, “Look, Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabb ...[text shortened]... ehind the law in a legalistic way and withhold compassion but this is God really wants

Manny
    What you take from the scriptures and it's many stories and examples is up to you. Your relationship with god is up to you. How you view his laws are up to you. I'm not arguing with that.
    I would hope you would give me that respect too.

But as I keep saying the bible which is God's view on all we do as humans and how we decide how to react to his views, is what I take very seriously.
    God has said his to followers in the bible to "abstain from blood" and that is what I will do.

Do you really think God would condemn a human that would follow that command he himself ordered, that most here are in fact doing to us, as we choose to follow that order even to death?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 15:56
    Originally posted by redbadger
    black pudding
    eeeeeeeeeewe 'ow 'orrible!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 22:09
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What you take from the scriptures and it's many stories and examples is up to you. Your relationship with god is up to you. How you view his laws are up to you. I'm not arguing with that.
    I would hope you would give me that respect too.

But as I keep saying the bible which is God's view on all we do as humans and how we decide how to react to his ...[text shortened]... rdered, that most here are in fact doing to us, as we choose to follow that order even to death?
    Do you see yourself as bound by Mosaic Law?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree