1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 08:381 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What you take from the scriptures and it's many stories and examples is up to you. Your relationship with god is up to you. How you view his laws are up to you. I'm not arguing with that.
    I would hope you would give me that respect too.

But as I keep saying the bible which is God's view on all we do as humans and how we decide how to react to his ...[text shortened]... rdered, that most here are in fact doing to us, as we choose to follow that order even to death?
    I think that when a Jehovah witness parent would rather allow their child to die than permit them a blood transfusion, then something has gone horribly wrong in their head because of their religion.

When you come here and defend that situation, then something has gone wrong with you.

That is the observation.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 13:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you see yourself as bound by Mosaic Law?
    That subject has been discussed many, many, many times at RHP. Look it up...
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 13:161 edit
    That subject has been discussed many, many, many times at RHP. Look it up...
    When it comes to blood transfusions, do JWs feel bound by Mosaic Law?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 13:172 edits
    Read my above post...
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 13:22
    Read my above post...
    We are discussing blood transfusions. Is there some reason that you can't answer a point blank on-topic question like this?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 13:31
    No one has come up with any hard numbers yet on how many children die each year from their parents not letting them have a blood transfusion. And yet a few here condemn us for that biblical backed command That we are simply following.

If the ones here are truly concerned and upset and would like to voice their opinions on the abuse children recieve from their parents, check out these sites and maybe throw your energy and hatred for parents abusing their children:

Just a few of hundreds of sites with info on what children go thru either directly or indirectly from their parents.

These are things JW parents would never do to their children. But if they did they would be removed from the congregation, unlike most so called christian churches today who would not remove them.

http://www.internationalcap.org/abuse_statistics.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28214266

http://www.ersnet.org/news/item/4212-secondhand-smoke-kills-more-than-600000-non-smokers-worldwide.html

http://www.loveourchildrenusa.org/cabusefacts.php

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01/27/3206581/kids-gun-violence-killed-injuries/
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 13:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    We are discussing blood transfusions. Is there some reason that you can't answer a point blank on-topic question like this?
    I feel no reason to waist my time repeating what has been discussed many times. LOOK IT UP....
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 13:33
    I feel no reason to waist my time repeating what has been discussed many times. LOOK IT UP....
    Have you got a link to where you answered this queation about Mosaic Law and blood transfusions?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 13:39
    No one has come up with any hard numbers yet on how many children die each year from their parents not letting them have a blood transfusion. And yet a few here condemn us for that biblical backed command That we are simply following.

If the ones here are truly concerned and upset and would like to voice their opinions on the abuse children recieve f ...[text shortened]... _facts/

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01/27/3206581/kids-gun-violence-killed-injuries/
    So in cases of child abuse you expel the family and wash your hands of it? Has your organisation ever been found guilty of covering up child abuse by its members?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 17:241 edit

If the ones here are truly concerned and upset and would like to voice their opinions on the abuse children recieve f ...[text shortened]... _facts/

Yes you've tried this tack once already and I pointed out then that one was too many, referring you to the link I provided in the "another life saved from the madness" thread. You have chosen to ignore this and my other evidences against your cult on this topic which is fine but ignoring the content of those posts is simply you being dishonest once again Galveston75.

In that thread I linked to a news article where the state had to intervene to prevent a Jehovah's Witness parent allowing their child to die. You presumably think the child should have been allowed to die to appease your god. It is disgusting, disgracefull and you should be downright ashamed of yourself.

All this because of one scripture in the New Testament which is obviously at best ambiguous. Refuse to reply to my posts if you want Galveston75; I shall still be here calling you out to account for your crazy dangerous beliefs.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 18:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    So in cases of child abuse you expel the family and wash your hands of it? Has your organisation ever been found guilty of covering up child abuse by its members?
    Look it up yourself as you both seem to "know it all anyway". No matter how I answer you and "dumbo dive dude", you two are not looking for anything but what you two can razz others about.
    The more you two keep posting this sillyness the more you expose your motives which is pure evil.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 21:38
    Look it up yourself as you both seem to "know it all anyway". No matter how I answer you and "dumbo dive dude", you two are not looking for anything but what you two can razz others about.
    The more you two keep posting this sillyness the more you expose your motives which is pure evil.
    'Pure evil'? Hilarious.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 21:493 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    'Pure evil'? Hilarious.
    I think it may be very valid depending on your definition of evil, its not always used in a supernatural sense, but may be used to describe immorality, or hurtfulness, something that causes pain or sorrow.

For example in a Biblical context

That which results in pain, sorrow, or distress. In order to convey the correct thought in English, the very comprehensive Hebrew word ra' is variously translated as “bad,” “gloomy,” “ugly,” “evil,” “calamitous,” “malignant,” “ungenerous,” and “envious,” depending upon the context. (Ge 2:9; 40:7; 41:3; Ex 33:4; De 6:22; 28:35; Pr 23:6; 28:22)

The Greek word kakos' may be defined as that which is (1) morally evil and (2) destructive; among the ways it has been translated are: “bad,” “evil,” “hurtful,” “injurious,” “wrong.” (Ro 7:19; 12:17; Col 3:5; Tit 1:12; Hebrews 5:14)

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001452

clearly by definition that are the very embodiment of evil, its personification, its essence incarnate etc etc etc Now you will tell us why they are not to be considered 'pure evil'.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 22:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I think it may be very valid depending on your definition of evil, its not always used in a supernatural sense, but may be used to describe immorality, or hurtfulness, something that causes pain or sorrow.

For example in a Biblical context

That which results in pain, sorrow, or distress. In order to convey the correct thought in English, the ve ...[text shortened]... sence incarnate etc etc etc Now you will tell us why they are not to be considered 'pure evil'.
    😴
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 22:07
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    😴
    oh dear not a very convincing argument.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree