1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't care where the line is drawn? What about this: should "force" ~ by which I mean state intervention ~ be used to stop parents from carrying out female genital mutilation on their children?
    You can move that line where ever you want it and as soon as you
    draw it someone somewhere will come up with something that makes
    your line look bad.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I didn't twist anything but if you can actually demonstrate specifically how and where I did I will be happy to apologise.
    I'm not going to go back and shift through all of that, during that
    discussion I tried to make you see what you were saying wasn't true,
    and it did not sink in. Apologise or not, I don't care what you do.
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:26
    This vague claim doesn't bear scrutiny though does it; for example do you think the ISIS members who sincerely believe that beheading infidels is supporting their God should be allowed to continue because they have a "heart-felt belief" that what they are doing is right?

Same thing with the JWs in that other thread; what they believe is primarily dang ...[text shortened]... ented wherever possible. You as a Christian should be doing this, not defending their crazyness.
    Like I said, no matter where you draw the line someone will come up
    with something that makes your line look bad.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:30
    These parents were allowing this child to die because of a religious belief forced on them by a cult. Preventing them from doing this is not only the common sense thing to do, it's also the obvious morally correct thing to do.

Listening to you, a professed Christian, defend cult members rights to allow a child to die has got to be be one of the most ...[text shortened]... vealling and frightening things I've read on these boards in the 6 years I've been posting here.
    Nothing obvious about it, since no one knows for sure if this treatment
    or that one will always work the way they think. I don't care if they are
    a cult member, that had nothing at all to do with my stance. I believe
    that parents who love their kids want to best for them should have a say
    on what is and is not acceptable with respect to treatment of their kids.

You take that right away, then parents have no say, it is all the state.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:30
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    where is Robbie Carrobie when you need him?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:32
    Originally posted by redbadger
    where is Robbie Carrobie when you need him?
    You need Robbie? Just asking! 🙂
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:33
    You can move that line where ever you want it and as soon as you
    draw it someone somewhere will come up with something that makes
    your line look bad.
    Where should the line be? Perhaps you could give a few examples of cases where you think the state should intervene and a few examples of where it should be left to the conscience of the parents.

From what you've said in the past, you believe that JWs should be allowed to let their children to die from a treatable condition. So that's on "the conscience of the parents" side of the line for you, presumably. And I assume that you would back the state to intervene to stop female genital mutilation. So that's on "the state should intervene" side of the line, presumably.

Can you offer a couple more examples each side of the line?
  8. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:35
    You need Robbie? Just asking! 🙂
    Kelly
    well he is my JW guru
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Where should the line be? Perhaps you could give a few examples of cases where you think the state should intervene and a few examples of where it should be left to the conscience of the parents.

From what you've said in the past, you believe that JWs should be allowed to let their children to die from a treatable condition. So that's on "the conscience of th ...[text shortened]... ne" side of the line, presumably.

Can you offer a couple more examples each side of the line?
    We are done, never except another response from me to anything you
    say again!
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:38
    say again!
    Kelly
    don't spit your dummy out kelly
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:501 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No JW parent would ever want their child or any child on this planet to die. That would no doubt be the hardest thing any parent could go thru and would surley give their life in trade with no hesitation if they could. I know I would in a heart beat for mine.
    This has been discussed many time here on this forum and all one has to do is look up those p ...[text shortened]... follow their conscience and follow what they believe to be from God even if others do not agree?
    You are of course completely misguided by your loyalty to the Jehovah's Witness cult and completely incorrect.

Here is a piece of evidence originally posted in the thread of a similar topic and linked to in my post to Kelly on page 2 of this thread.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/jehovah-s-witness-girl-saved-by-court-1.1700022
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:51
    say again!
    Kelly
    The reason I press you is because you seem to be really wishy washy on the issue of protection of children. I suspect it is some sort of political "principle" that you are adhering to because I can see no convincing moral content in any of your vague statements and evasions.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:54
    I'm not going to go back and shift through all of that, during that
    discussion I tried to make you see what you were saying wasn't true,
    and it did not sink in. Apologise or not, I don't care what you do.
    Kelly
    If you want to throw accusations at me and lack the courtesy to back it up with the evidence you say exists, because you are too lazy - then you can hardly be expecting me to apologise can you.

😕
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 08:581 edit
    Kelly
    You "drew the line" by protesting that Jehovah's Witness parent should be allowed to let their child die (the alternative being to provide a life saving blood transfusion) on the basis that the state interviewing was causing the JWs to have their conscience seared before their god.

That me calling you out over this makes your "line look bad" would be hilarious if the subject matter and your preposterous perspective in it, wasn't so serious. How you can sit there and post this stuff is astonishing.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Sep '14 09:04
    You are of course completely misguided by you loyalty to the Jehovah's Witness cult and completely incorrect.

Here is a piece of evidence originally posted in the thread of a similar topic and linked to in my post to Kelly on page 2 of this thread.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/jehovah-s-witness-girl-saved-by-court-1.1700022
    I do not follow Jehovah Witness, I believe they are a cult! I don't care who you
    are, or what you believe, if you are confronted with something that harms your
    conscience, I'd not subject you to it if possible. That is the bottom line of all of
    my arguments in this discussion. Now again if you want to twist that into letting
    children die, just say so we can end all of our future conversations from this
    point in time too.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree