1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 11:092 edits
    Originally posted by black beetle
    In Math, singularity is the value or range of values of a function for which a derivative does not exist; in Physics, singularity is a point or region in spacetime in which gravitational forces cause matter to have an infinite density; and in my post to you I was talking about the gravitational singularity that predicted the point of the infinite spacet ch means you established in person the existence of the observer you name "creator"?
    😵
    Life is thinking, feeling, willing, awareness, identitiy, consciousness, and these things arent material, they are sentient and they dont exist in and of themselves....but they exist because first cause is sentient as well.

First cause is God, and it is simple to understand, but if you are envious of God, you will deny him, as you have done.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 15:13
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Life is thinking, feeling, willing, awareness, identitiy, consciousness, and these things arent material, they are sentient and they dont exist in and of themselves....but they exist because first cause is sentient as well.

First cause is God, and it is simple to understand, but if you are envious of God, you will deny him, as you have done.
    If you think that the "first cause is God" you have either to prove it or admit that you accept blindly Suta Goswami's religious doctrine
    😵
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 23:53
    If you think that the "first cause is God" you have either to prove it or admit that you accept blindly Suta Goswami's religious doctrine
    😵
    Suta Gosvami is an orator, not the author of the Vedanta Sutra.....and any child can see that the cosmos was created, and didnt come about by chance or accident,.....and all you have to do to also see this, is get honest.

You put so much faith in your faulty conditioned mind, and you should instead take perfect knowledge from the Vedanta Sutra, instead of speculating about everything, and getting it wrong every time.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 05:17
    Suta Gosvami is an orator, not the author of the Vedanta Sutra.....and any child can see that the cosmos was created, and didnt come about by chance or accident,.....and all you have to do to also see this, is get honest.

You put so much faith in your faulty conditioned mind, and you should instead take perfect knowledge from the Vedanta Sutra, instead of speculating about everything, and getting it wrong every time.
    Edit: ““Suta Gosvami is an orator, not the author of the Vedanta Sutra.....and any child can see that the cosmos was created, and didnt come about by chance or accident,.....and all you have to do to also see this, is get honest.”

We both know that Suta Goswami is the narrator of a story he heard from a so called “incarnation” of the god who, according to your blind religious beliefs, is the “creator” of the universe. From the very first day you entered this forum I answer all your questions as clearly as it gets, informing you all the time in full that the nature of my arguments is empty because all these units of knowledge are based on concepts and on ideas brought up by the human mind alone, however you reply constantly that whatever I say is “dishonest” and “fraud” simply because I discard your religious mambo-jambo that you consider “absolute truth”. Your “absolute truth” is nothing but a product of Suta Goswami’s mind alone, who in turn claimed that he heard it from the “incarnation” of a “god”. This type of claims is typical in the religious realm; also, it is typical for the theist to accept on the basis of blind faith that their spiritual teachers “speak the absolute truth” because they have more insight than them and because they either managed somehow to be directly in touch with their “creator”, or because they are “incarnations” of the so called “creator”, or because they are themselves the “creator”. To me, you are just another theist -and hopefully you will find the strength required to honour your spiritual teacher by means of admitting that you follow his religious doctrine based on faith alone;

Edit: “You put so much faith in your faulty conditioned mind, and you should instead take perfect knowledge from the Vedanta Sutra, instead of speculating about everything, and getting it wrong every time.”

You twist and turn constantly my replies. I never told you the observer universe came into existence “out of nothing” -if you still insist that I did, kindly please prove it🙂
    Furthermore, if you think that the "first cause is God" you have either to prove it or admit that you accept blindly Suta Goswami's religious doctrine
    😵
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 05:541 edit
    Edit: ““Suta Gosvami is an orator, not the author of the Vedanta Sutra.....and any child can see that the cosmos was created, and didnt come about by chance or accident,.....and all you have to do to also see this, is get honest.”

We both know that Suta Goswami is the narrator of a story he heard from a so called “incarnation” of the god who, accord ve either to prove it or admit that you accept blindly Suta Goswami's religious doctrine
    😵
    Suta Gosvami is one person out of thousands, who declare the truth and reality of God.....your atheistic beliefs are a product of your faulty reasoning, because of your unquestionable faith in your very own defective mind.

I have come to know perfect truth, because I have accepted truth from the perfect source, Vedanta Sutra, and I have also followed the path of purification, so that I am qualified to recieve the truth.

If one does not practice the spiritual purificationary process, then when they study Vedanta Sutra, they will have difficulty in understanding and developing the truth within the heart.

You also could have perfect truth, if you accepted Vedanta Sutra....but because you are envious of God, you have made your defective mind God, and in doing so, you do not know truth.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 08:481 edit
    Suta Gosvami is one person out of thousands, who declare the truth and reality of God.....your atheistic beliefs are a product of your faulty reasoning, because of your unquestionable faith in your very own defective mind.

I have come to know perfect truth, because I have accepted truth from the perfect source, Vedanta Sutra, and I have also followed t ...[text shortened]... e envious of God, you have made your defective mind God, and in doing so, you do not know truth.
    I'm going to note this post and use it as refrence for future.
    I think it sums up your attitude toward the posters here pretty well.
    The fact that you impose negatives/false claims on the people that respond to you has been demonstrated many times.
    We'll see if your track record improves from this point on....
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 08:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm going to note this post and use it as refrence for future.
    I think it sums up your attitude toward the posters here pretty well.
    The fact that you impose negatives/false claims on the people that respond to you has been demonstrated many times.
    We'll see if your track record improves from this point on....
    Have you read the post carefully that i am responding to?....because I am responding in a manner fit for that post.
  8. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 09:36
    Why dont you speak common english!........the point singularity.

Buddhist talk all manner of gibberish, to fool the gullible, but I am one who can see through your dislay of word jugglery,

And the fact is, you believe that all that exists came about by a miraculous accident, and you try to use big words to make it sound intelligent, but its not intelligent the least, ...its fraud.
    Edit: "Buddhist talk all manner of gibberish, to fool the gullible, but I am one who can see through your dislay of word jugglery,..."

For some reason Vish this statement made me break out into tearful laughter. I don't mean disrespect but goodness me you are soooo certain about everything!

Be as certain as you like, but don't abuse people who are not so certain about your views. People are not "dishonest", "liars" and "frauds" just because they disagree and see it differently. Be nice. There is no need for it. You invite similar responses by such.

May I ask, is a lack of certainty scary to you? It is for some.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 11:48

I have come to know perfect truth, because I have accepted truth from the perfect source, Vedanta Sutra, and I have also followed t ...[text shortened]... e envious of God, you have made your defective mind God, and in doing so, you do not know truth.
    During a lecture in 1973 in Auckland, Srila Prabhupada said that Srimad-Bhagavatam was brought by Narada Muni (a gandharva!) from the spiritual world and given to his disciple Sri Vyasadeva. In the Introduction of his Srimad-Bhagavatam, Srila Prabhupada says that when Vyasa compiled the Bhagavatam he gave its synopsis to his son, the sage Sukadeva Gosvami. (According to your religion, showing great compassion for all living entities Lord Krishna’s avatar and literary incarnation Krishna Dvaipayana Vedavyasa composed the authentic historical treatise known throughout creation as the Mahabharata).

Srila Prabhupada goes on writing down that Sukadeva Gosvami recited the entire Bhagavatam to Maharaja Pariksit in an assembly of saints on the bank of the Ganges at Hastinapura.
    (Methinks you would love to inform us in brief who Sukadeva was and how he became the son of Vyasa, because due to time pressure I have the chance to talk solely a bit about Maharaja Pariksit. Well, Pariksit was the grandson of god Arjuna and the son of Abhimanyu -and Abhimanyu’s father was Arjuna, a dear friend and brother-in-law of Lord Krshna amongst else. Pariksit’s mother was princess Uttara, who learnt the art of dance from Arjuna during the 13th year of exile of the Pandavas when Arjuna was pretending he was a eunuch and he was practicing his art of dance that he learnt from the apsaras in heavens -the apsaras are female spirits of the clouds and waters. When Arjuna started to train Uttara in dancing he admired her qualities and later proposed her marriage to his son Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu was killed by the Kauravas when he was 16 years old during his struggle to brake the formation Chakravyuha at the Kurukshetra War. Abhimanyu died at this age because he was the reincarnation of Varchas, the son of the Moon God: when the Moon God was asked by the other devas to let his son incarnate himself on Earth, he made a pact that his son will only remain on earth for 16 years as he could not bear to be separated from him. So Pariksit was the sole surviving dynast of the Kuru clan and he became king of Hastinapura.).

Then...
    😵
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 11:51

...Srila Prabhupada continues his Introduction by informing us that, when Maharaja Pariksit “…received a warning that he would die within a week, he renounced his entire kingdom and retired to the bank of the Ganges to fast until death and receive spiritual enlightenment. The Bhagavatam begins with Emperor Pariksit’s sober inquiry to Sukadeva Gosvami, the son of Vyasa: "You are the spiritual master of great saints and devotees. I am therefore begging you to show the way of perfection for all persons, and especially for one who is about to die. Please let me know what a man should hear, chant, remember and worship, and also what he should not do. Please explain all this to me.” Sukadeva Gosvami’s answer to this question, and numerous other questions posed by Maharaja Pariksit, concerning everything from the nature of the self to the origin of the universe, held the assembled sages in rapt attention continuously for the seven days leading up to the king's death. The sage Suta Gosvami, who was present in that assembly when Sukadeva Gosvami first recited Srimad-Bhagavatam, later repeated the Bhagavatam before a gathering of sages in the forest of Naimisaranya. Those sages, concerned about the spiritual welfare of the people in general, had gathered to perform a long, continuous chain of sacrifices to counteract the degrading influence of the incipient age of Kali. In response to the sages' request that he speak the essence of Vedic wisdom, Suta Gosvami repeated from memory the entire eighteen thousand verses of Srimad-Bhagavatam, as spoken by Sukadeva Gosvami to Maharaja Pariksit.”, writes down Srila Prabhupada
    😵

Now I will reply to all the parts of your post
    😵
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 11:55

Edit: “Suta Gosvami is one person out of thousands, who declare the truth and reality of God.....your atheistic beliefs are a product of your faulty reasoning, because of your unquestionable faith in your very own defective mind.”

Obviously, as I showed above, this is false according to Srila Prabhupada, the religious personage whose authority you accept in full. Prabhupada claims that Sukadeva Goswami was the first person that recited Srimad-Bhagavatam, whilst Suta Goswami is the first person who memorised in full the entire 18.000 verses of Srimad-Bhagavatam -and thanks to his oral narration Vyasa’s masterpiece was later propagated and written down in the form we are aware of today.
    Regarding my atheistic beliefs, I admit they are a product of my reasoning alone, a reasoning open to the sharpest criticism. Unfortunately, instead of criticism you give me big portions of blind beliefs based on the Hindu mythology🙂

Edit: “I have come to know perfect truth, because I have accepted truth from the perfect source, Vedanta Sutra, and I have also followed the path of purification, so that I am qualified to recieve the truth.”

Fine, you are surely free to accept as “truth” whatever you please. However this specific religious truth of yours is neither “perfect” nor “absolute” because it is based on somebody else’s blind religious beliefs. The path of purification you followed is nothing but specific religious instructions that were brought up by common human beings, whose religious authority you accepted blindly as “perfect”. Therefore methinks you are merely qualified to receive the specific truth that your spiritual teachers are preaching to you -however this empty truth is neither superior nor inferior than any other religious truth;

Edit: “If one does not practice the spiritual purificationary process, then when they study Vedanta Sutra, they will have difficulty in understanding and developing the truth within the heart.”

If you only knew a thing or two about the common “purification processes” maintained by Christians, Pantheists, Sufis, Buddhists, Jews, Native American Indians etc etc you would probably be amazed. Also, if you knew what it takes for the top scientists and the top philosophers to become able to offer the fruits of their thought to the humanity, you would be probably amazed even more🙂

Edit: “You also could have perfect truth, if you accepted Vedanta Sutra....but because you are envious of God, you have made your defective mind God, and in doing so, you do not know truth.”

I am envious of no thing and I wish wholehearted well to every sentient being. My mind is not God although it can take on the spot the shape of the delusion you name “God”; I simply know what is fact and what is fiction herenow, and I am totally free of blindly accepted “absolute truths”.
    However, prey tell, how exactly and by which means did you happen to accept Vedanta Sutra as “perfect/ absolute truth”? You are still unable to answer my first post (date: 17 Sept. 2010) at the second page of the thread titled “The False teachings of Christianity”
    😵
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 13:54
    Edit: “Suta Gosvami is one person out of thousands, who declare the truth and reality of God.....your atheistic beliefs are a product of your faulty reasoning, because of your unquestionable faith in your very own defective mind.”

Obviously, as I showed above, this is false according to Srila Prabhupada, the religious personage whose authority you ac ...[text shortened]... 17 Sept. 2010) at the second page of the thread titled “The False teachings of Christianity”
    😵
    You do not know what minute, or hour, or day, or month, or year you will die, but you say God is not a reality....absurd.

I will let Bhagavad Gita answer the question.

BG cht 10/10 "To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to me"

and BG cht 10/11

"To show them special mercy, I dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge, the darkness born of ignorance"

Now that you know does it change anything?........no it does not, because you are envious of God and will (in this life) always be envious, so your fault finding attacking nature will not give you the understanding that you so desperately need, to realize the reality of God.
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 15:39
    You do not know what minute, or hour, or day, or month, or year you will die, but you say God is not a reality....absurd.

I will let Bhagavad Gita answer the question.

BG cht 10/10 "To those who are constantly devoted to serving Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to me"

and BG cht 10/11

"To show them special mercy, ...[text shortened]... not give you the understanding that you so desperately need, to realize the reality of God.
    Edit: “You do not know what minute, or hour, or day, or month, or year you will die, but you say God is not a reality....absurd."

Methinks absurd is your refuge-oriented question.
    The manner in which a specific transmittance interacts with your mind depends upon the frequency of the Clear Light recognized by your mind, and it is also dependent upon the nature of your own mind. Prey tell, why should I know the exact time of my death? The exact time of my death means to me as much as the exact time of my birth because life and death are both empty.
    Did you know the exact day of your birth before your birth? Or do you know the exact time of your death? What exactly these units of knowledge mean to you?

Edit: “I will let Bhagavad Gita answer… …of ignorance"

Then it is obvious that the approach described in 10/10 and 10/11 is neither superior nor inferior than any other religious way that describes how an individual can contact the so called “God”. Since this truth of yours is acceptable solely on the basis of blind faith, as it is the case with every other religion regarding the notion "absolute truth", I see no reason why one has to accept it as “absolute truth”.
    However I strongly urge you to honour your spiritual teachers by admitting readily that their truth is to you the “absolute truth”, and I wish you to enjoy a life in full accordance with their teachings🙂

Edit: “Now that you… …God.”

I knew that sooner or later you would be forced to admit that your “absolute truth” is based on a blind religious belief that is accepted as “absolute truth” solely by you and your fellow Vaishnavas -and this could hopefully change something in your own attitude. I wish you to enjoy to the hilt the reality of your God
    😵
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 19:42
    Edit: “You do not know what minute, or hour, or day, or month, or year you will die, but you say God is not a reality....absurd."

Methinks absurd is your refuge-oriented question.
    The manner in which a specific transmittance interacts with your mind depends upon the frequency of the Clear Light recognized by your mind, and it is also dependent upon ...[text shortened]... something in your own attitude. I wish you to enjoy to the hilt the reality of your God
    😵
    I have answered the so called "question" before.....but you have not understood it,..... as you do not understand the current answer that I have given.

There is no blind faith, because truth does not take root in the heart, if it is not truth.

Truth has not taken root in your heart,.... because your speculations are between your ears, and truth does not live their.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 20:21
    Truth has not taken root in your heart,.... because your speculations are between your ears, and truth does not live their.
    You, Vishva, don't believe in the Truth, as long you really believes that there were humans a billion years ago.
    You are worshipping a man who rather sells a book and make big bucks out of it than deliver the truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree