Kalama Sutta

Kalama Sutta

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Nov 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
I have answered the so called "question" before.....but you have not understood it,..... as you do not understand the current answer that I have given.

There is no blind faith, because truth does not take root in the heart, if it is not truth.

Truth has not taken root in your heart,.... because your speculations are between your ears, and truth does not live their.
You answered not. At your first post of the thread you titled “Spiritual consciousness (lesson 1)” you wrote exactly the following amongst else:
“The Vedanta Scriptures have been with man for millions of years and pre-date history itself, and this knowledge has been passed down from Lord Brahma the first living being at the beginning of creation.”

Methinks you are unable to prove that “the Vedanta Scriptures have been with man for millions of years”, therefore you accept this idea as “absolute truth” based merely on a religious blind belief. The same goes regarding your idea about Lord Brahma who supposedly “passed down” this “truth”, the same goes regarding your idea that the “first living being at the beginning of creation” is Lord Brahma, and the same goes for your idea that the observer universe was created;

Then you wrote this:
“Vedanta is the authority on Self Realization and God, and there is no other teaching to replace it, and the First Lesson is that one must accept the authority of Vedanta, to make any progress in Self Realization.
This acceptance of the Vedanta teaching as the authority, is what is called the "Leap of Faith" or surrendering, and without this "Leap of Faith" the process does not start.”

At your first sentence you are talking religious nonsense that the believer has to accept “as is” -but you are perfectly aware of the fact that you are unable to prove that this mambo-jambo holds.
This is the reason why you come again with another masterpiece, your second sentence, admitting that “without this “Leap of faith” the process does not start”. Well, to me your “Leap of Faith” is nothing but blind belief;

Finally, you wrote down the following:
“After studying and living the principled life,..... the "leap of Faith" diminishes into knowing, and is eventually not required. (faith is for the beginner) and for some persons, they stay a beginner for six months or sixty years, depending on their sincerity and their commitment to the process.”

Methinks you missed to mention that the “Leap of Faith” diminishes because it becomes almost invisible under the tons of the delusions that the poor believer constructs out of her/ his own mind during her/ his Hare Krshna brainwashing. You also missed to mention that this specific “religious knowledge” that is based on the primal “Leap of Faith” is "knowledge" solely in the context of ill-considered parts of the Hindu mythology;

So, child of a noble family vishvahetu, read the OP and come again; when you come again, prey tell, how and by which means did you came to know in person that the so called creator is existent?
😵

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
16 Nov 10

Originally posted by black beetle
You answered not. At your first post of the thread you titled “Spiritual consciousness (lesson 1)” you wrote exactly the following amongst else:
“The Vedanta Scriptures have been with man for millions of years and pre-date history itself, and this knowledge has been passed down from Lord Brahma the first living being at the beginning of creation.”

...[text shortened]... y which means did you came to know in person that the so called creator is existent?
😵
There is no one as blind, as the person who refuses to see.......

You dont prove God.....you realize God, because the only persons that can know the Lord in truth, are the surrendered souls, because they are given the insight and realization by the Lord, because they surrender to the spiritual process of devotional service.

If you dont have the surrenering spiritual attitude, you will never come to know the Lord in truth (BG 10/10 BG 10/11)

The word Hindu will not be found in the Vedas (its a recent fabrication of the modern age)

F

Moves
16 Nov 10

There is no one as blind, as the person who sees selectively.......

You, my dear Vishva, are blind as a bat. Because you see whatever you want to see, nothing more, doesn't even has to be true. (Humans billions of years ago?)

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
16 Nov 10

You dont prove God.....you realize God, because the only persons that can know the Lord in truth, are the surrendered souls, because they are given the insight and realization by the Lord, because they surrender to the spiritual process of devotional service.

If you dont have the surr ...[text shortened]... 1)

The word Hindu will not be found in the Vedas (its a recent fabrication of the modern age)
Edit: “There is no one as blind, as the person who refuses to see.......”

I don’t refuse to see, I simply see no thing at the exact place where you see something. I don’t see what you see because there is nothing visible per se. You see, if the object you see is visible solely to you because you took a “Leap of Faith” and since that moment you keep up brainwashing yourself constantly, I argue that what you see is merely a product of your own mind that cannot be considered as a factual epistemic object;

Edit: “You dont prove God.....you realize God, because the only persons that can know the Lord in truth, are the surrendered souls, because they are given the insight and realization by the Lord, because they surrender to the spiritual process of devotional service.”

Impossible to realize if you lack of understanding; impossible to understand without accurate units of knowledge; impossible to evaluate the accuracy of these units of knowledge without the evaluation of the mind; impossible to conduct the evaluation of the mind once separated from science and philosophy; impossible to prove that even the products that are considered accurate in full herenow are the so called “absolute truth”; impossible to accept any kind of “absolute truth” without accepting blindly an authority; impossible to accept blindly any kind of religious authority without being fully surrendered to the process known as “Leap of Faith” and thus believing blindly the religious personages that they claim they were in touch with the so called “creator”; impossible to offer blindly devotional service to a religious authority and to be free of the chains of your own delusions; impossible to overcome ignorance when you are delusional; cognizing the emptiness of your so called “absolute truth” according to the evaluation of the mind, you could hopefully explore reality by means of your conceptual and non-conceptual awareness and thus develop your potential for your two sights ability;

Edit: “If you dont have the surrenering spiritual attitude, you will never come to know the Lord in truth (BG 10/10 BG 10/11)”

This attitude is not spiritual. This attitude is the cornerstone of your delusions;

Edit: “The word Hindu will not be found in the Vedas (its a recent fabrication of the modern age)”

My notion “Hindu mythology” refers to the fiction that to the Hare Krsna religious personages and believers is fact
😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Nov 10

If you dont have the surr ...[text shortened]... 1)

Edit: "You dont prove God.....you realize God, because the only persons that can know the Lord in truth, are the surrendered souls, because they are given the insight and realization by the Lord, because they surrender to the spiritual process of devotional service."

You claim repeatedly that one cannot prove God, but I noticed that at another thread you stated that the author of Vedanta Sutra is the God known as “Visnu. Krsna. ...Yogesvara”.
When I was asking you repeatedly how do you know in person and by which means that God is the author of the Vedanta Sutra, you were replying that you cannot “prove it” and that God “has to be realized”. I assume your claims are grounded on baseless assertions accepted by you as factual thanks to your self-brainwashing alone. You see, if your units of knowledge (regarding your hypothesis that the author of the Vedanta Sutra is indeed the God known as Visnu etc etc as you claimed) were accurate, you wouldn’t have at all to “realise” God by means of the “Leap of Faith” you advocate; for, your so called “realisation of the God” would be needless if you were able to bring up even the slightest evidence for the supposed fact that the so called “God” wrote the Vedanta Sutra. Of course you have no evidence. All you do is accepting blindly somebody else’s authority.

All in all, you attempt a Brahminical revival by means of promoting to the hilt the supremacy of your religion over any other religious, scientific and philosophic approach. And, when you see that the so called divinity of the Vedas is easily debunked whilst at the same time the authority of the religious personages of your religion is easily discarded, you are forced to play the card “…God is the author of the Vedanta Sutra” and that, therefore, “…Vedanta Sutra is the absolute truth” because “…God wrote it”. Methinks Kalama Sutta not only describes perfectly this attitude of yours, but it also demonstrates how exactly could you get rid of the chains you constructed on your own
😵