1. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 14:49
    In the 'Hows this' thread, you said:

Same with those orbs. If I hadn't taken those pics I'd go "bah", but because I was there I knew they weren't doctored with and closer examination shows them to be not consistent with "dust" or any other light anomolie.

We had a discussion about those orbs a few months ago I believe. Last I recall you were going to find some more data for me. Was it a few more of the pictures? Did ever find them?

If we can show that they were not due to dust or any of the normal causes of these things then that would be a significant find and likely to be newsworthy world-wide.

--- Penguin.
  2. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 15:44
    Here's the thread:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=138364&page=&page=3

It looks like you only managed to get the original photo onto that web site. If you would like I can give you an email address to send the others to and I will put them all somewhere so people can see them

--- Penguin.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 20:03
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Here's the thread:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=138364&page=&page=3

It looks like you only managed to get the original photo onto that web site. If you would like I can give you an email address to send the others to and I will put them all somewhere so people can see them

--- Penguin.
    I would be happy for you to give out that email address.

Since then my whole drive has been cleared, along with all my data. But I did post that pic up on an ufo website and have had some comments on it.

It is true that nobody, even on a ufo website, is overly confident that they are real orbs, I think the picture warrants close examination.
    As I said, it has been consistent with other orb photos, where you will see some of them in front of and half behind people and such.
    I'm almost 100% positive that it was not dust, but I really cant be 100% sure now, can I?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 20:091 edit
    The orb phenomenon along with the crop circle phenomenon have been fairly recent developments in the "Spiritual circles" or whatever you call this thing that is happening.

They have just been popping up so much that you simply cant attribute it all to "dust" .
    But then again, I've always felt that these things (orbs and crop circles) have been there for the already converted. Those who have not had an initial faith/experience in "higher dimensions" and entities and such, will remain skeptical for the most part. I doubt my photo will change any skeptics minds, but like I said, some of the measured comments I got on that ufo site were quite positive.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 20:24
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The orb phenomenon along with the crop circle phenomenon have been fairly recent developments in the "Spiritual circles" or whatever you call this thing that is happening.

They have just been popping up so much that you simply cant attribute it all to "dust" .
    But then again, I've always felt that these things (orbs and crop circles) have been there ...[text shortened]... ut like I said, some of the measured comments I got on that ufo site were quite positive.
    I thought that they established the crop circles were a hoax.
    Did not a couple guys come forward and demonstrated how easy it was to make them using a piece of rope, a plank and some other simple stuff. Geometrical circles are kids stuff. . Why would aliens be involved?
  6. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 22:46
    I would be happy for you to give out that email address.
    I'm almost 100% positive that it was not dust, but I really cant be 100% sure now, can I?
    kingpenguin@fastmail.fm

--- Penguin
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jan '12 22:49
    kingpenguin@fastmail.fm

--- Penguin
    With the preponderance of webcrawlers these days, you'd be well-advised to only give out email addresses in PMs.

Just sayin'.
  8. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 08:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    With the preponderance of webcrawlers these days, you'd be well-advised to only give out email addresses in PMs.

Just sayin'.
    Which is why that is a throwaway email address I created last night. However you are right, I should have PM'd him.

And I was having a go at Karoly when he posted a password. D'oh!

--- Penguin.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 10:25
    I don't get your argument here. Are you saying dust is rare?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 22:16
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I thought that they established the crop circles were a hoax.
    Did not a couple guys come forward and demonstrated how easy it was to make them using a piece of rope, a plank and some other simple stuff. Geometrical circles are kids stuff. . Why would aliens be involved?
    Yes, there are man made ones as well.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 22:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't get your argument here. Are you saying dust is rare?
    No . It seems to be a relatively recent occurance, captured with digital cameras, but with regular ones as well.
    The amount of pictures that you would have to palm off as "dust" must've gone up dramatically in the last ten years. You never really here of it before then, although there were a few notable exceptions.
    I've seen quite a few and they all have similar characteristics. Like I said, one of them is to appear as being in front of and behind, and half and half sometimes, that gave them a feeling of 3 dimensionality that wasn't there in just dust photos.

I have not reached any conclusions with this, and just as soon as not photographed it, so I wouldn't have to go along these lines, but in a way I feel it's what I'm supposed to do. You know, Ask questions figure it out a bit more.

Some have suggested they are "entities" or "souls" or whatever that the orbs represent. I'm not sure about all that.
  12. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 22:392 edits
    Yes, there are man made ones as well.
    Since all the ones that have been looked at turn out to be quite easily done with planks of wood and bits of string, which is more likely:

A group of students having a lark

or

Highly advanced and super-intelligent aliens who have mastered interstellar travel cross hundreds of light years and attempt to communicate with us by making cryptic patterns in corn fields that are indistinguishable from those created by groups of students having a lark.

Yes, it could be the second one but on balance I'd tend to assume it is the first unless some more convincing evidence comes up.

By the way, any luck with the pictures?

--- Penguin
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 22:51
    Since all the ones that have been looked at turn out to be quite easily done with planks of wood and bits of string, which is more likely:

A group of students having a lark

or

Highly advanced and super-intelligent aliens who have mastered interstellar travel cross hundreds of light years and attempt to communicate with us by making cryptic patterns ...[text shortened]... me more convincing evidence comes up.

By the way, any luck with the pictures?

--- Penguin
    No luck with any pictures. Gimme a few weeks, I'll see what I come across.

There have been mysterious crop circles out here in Australia, years ago, with only a simple round pattern, but the grass was bent in such a weird way. ..

I dont think this is new.
    Some people think it is all man made, and perhaps it is, but I do believe in advanced life, and I do not see their reasoning as cryptic, like most do, I see the path is there for me to take. I dont see them as doing anything except maybe inspiring some people or giving people a little "warm energy" at times.
    We have to do the hard yards of understanding ourselves via the perfecting of our own psychological models.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 06:30
    No . It seems to be a relatively recent occurance, captured with digital cameras, but with regular ones as well.
    The amount of pictures that you would have to palm off as "dust" must've gone up dramatically in the last ten years. You never really here of it before then, although there were a few notable exceptions.
    Which can easily be explained by:
    1. The possibility that digital cameras work differently and that this phenomena is specific to the way digital cameras work, or more likely to occur with digital cameras.
    2. The fact that far more people have cameras, and take far more photos than in the past and are far more likely to share interesting photos with other people.

I am leaning towards no 2. as the main factor. But the fact that the numbers have increased in no way argues against dust as an explanation for the actual phenomena.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 21:552 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Which can easily be explained by:
    1. The possibility that digital cameras work differently and that this phenomena is specific to the way digital cameras work, or more likely to occur with digital cameras.
    2. The fact that far more people have cameras, and take far more photos than in the past and are far more likely to share interesting photos with oth ...[text shortened]... numbers have increased in no way argues against dust as an explanation for the actual phenomena.
    Good points actually.

Interestingly there have been claims made that ghosts were captured on camera for a long time now, especially on negatives, not orbs as such though. (Well it comes up a bit in the stuff that I read).

I will await as I feel there should be some other interesting facts come out about this sooner or later. Perhaps these new facts will have leaned toward explaining away these phenomenom more quickly and easily.
    Perhaps there will continue to remain this big chasm between "believers" and skeptics. I hope not 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree