1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 15:562 edits
    This thread is for the purpose of proving that there is no requirement in the New Testament to take a particular stance on Evolution before one can have salvation.

Had God waited until I was skeptical of evolution before I met the Lord Jesus I might have never asked Him to take me to Himself.

Jesus did not wait for me to be well versed in any aspect of the theory of evolution before becomming my Lord and Savior.

My advice - Put your problems with politics, evolution, public education on the back burner. Come to the Lord Jesus just as you are. He will recieve you. He is eager to be received BY you for forgiveness and eternal redemption.

Your changing position on evolution is not a requirement of salvation.

However, I think you must believe that God is. (Hebrews 11:6)

New International Version
    And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

New Living Translation
    And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

English Standard Version
    And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

New American Standard Bible
    And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

King James Bible
    But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 16:17
    Originally posted by sonship
    This thread is for the purpose of proving that there is no requirement in the New Testament to take a particular stance on Evolution before one can have salvation.

Had God waited until I was skeptical of evolution before I met the Lord Jesus I might have never asked Him to take me to Himself.

Jesus did not wait for me to be well versed in any aspect ...[text shortened]... one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him.
    [/quote]
    there is no problem, Jesus Christ the son of God stated that humans were created as humans, whole and complete, there is no room for Darwinian evolution in scripture, as soon as Christians realise that the better.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 16:18
    The Apostle Peter's first gospel message on the day of Pentecost inJerusalem includes these words -

"And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Acts 2:21)

Nothing there about God requiring that you disbelieve common ancestory or reject descent with modification by natural selection. Nothing at all is mentioned about these things.

Calling out to and calling on the Lord Jesus with the intention to touch and contact Christ the Lord within is taught.

" ... let the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made Him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you have crucified. "

God has taken this Son whom was crucified and established Him as Lord and Christ - the highest name in the universe. This is what you should understand. And on this One you should call "Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. I receive You Lord Jesus, as ,my Lord, my God and Savior."

We "enter into His gates with thanksgiving". No need to beg God. No need to plead or grovel. Rather in faith we give THANKS and receive the miracle of regeneration -

"Lord Jesus, I thank You. I thank You that You have died for my many sins. Lord Jesus You died for sins I know and do not know. You died for sins I feel bad about and sins I do not feel bad about. You simply died for me. You died to save me from my sins. I simply receive this gift of redemption. I simply confess my need for You as my Savior and freely receive You. Thank You Lord Jesus."

We ENTER into His gates and into His presence with thanksgiving.

Come, evolution and all.
    Come just as you are.
    Just come to the Lord Jesus for salvation, for redemption.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 16:20
    The Apostle Peter's first gospel message on the day of Pentecost inJerusalem includes these words -

[b]"And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Acts 2:21)

Nothing there about God requiring that you disbelieve common ancestory or reject descent with modification by natural selection. Nothing at all is men ...[text shortened]... n and all.
    Come just as you are.
    Just come to the Lord Jesus for salvation, for redemption.[/b]
    flip sake, you'll be dragging people in off the streets next with promises of mince pies and hot beverages.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 16:241 edit
    there is no problem, Jesus Christ the son of God stated that humans were created as humans, whole and complete, there is no room for Darwinian evolution in scripture, as soon as Christians realise that the better.

My point is emphatically that a stance on or against Evolution is not a requirement to be saved through Jesus Christ.

Sometimes evangelicals may give the impression that to reject Evolution is a requirement to become a Christian. It is not.

" ... if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (Rom. 10:9)

Not "You will be a good Christian ..."
    Not "You will be rewarded in the coming kingdom ..."
    Not "You will be a mature in understanding of all things related to animal life ..."

" ... you will be saved."

"For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation. For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame. "
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 16:311 edit
    FIRST - Come to Jesus Christ and receive Him.

The seed of divine life is sown into the spiritual being like the seed in the soil. It will grow by LIFE.

The growth of life, spiritual life which is Christ Himself in a man, will transform the mind. And not instantaneously but over a period of growing time -

"I [Paul] planted, Apollos watered, but God caused the growth." (1 Cor. 3:6)

Come and get the living and available risen Christ implanted into your heart.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

We must receive this "life giving Spirit" which is Jesus Christ in a form in which He can be dispensed into man's innermost spiritual being.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 16:35

My point is emphatically that a stance on or against Evolution is not a requirement to be saved through Jesus Christ.

...[text shortened]... alvation. For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame. "
    [/b]
    sure, I understand,

The Zen master
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 16:42
    flip sake, you'll be dragging people in off the streets next with promises of mince pies and hot beverages.

I won't be "dragging" anyone. I will simply let people know that what Jesus wants is YOU. Come to Him as you are. It is YOU that He wants.

He loves me. He wants me. He will renew the mind in the course of His filling your heart, filling your soul, sanctifying your soul.

Now He just wants YOU, your self. He wants us to come as we are. We realize our need for the Lord Jesus. We realize our need for the Savior and we come to Him just as we are.

Don't wait until you get clear on the behavior of some little amino acid in the process of biological reactions. Don't let that detail postpone you turning over your heart to the Lord Jesus.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 20:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Hear hear.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:21

Jesus did not wait for me to be well versed in any aspect ...[text shortened]... one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him.
    [/quote]
    Bravo!
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:24
    Humans were not exactly humans until the last evolutionary leap, so yeah. I've covered this before. The Bible speaks truth, as long as you don't insist it is speaking your truth, but model your truth after it. Fit your truth to the Bible, don't insist the Bible is already speaking your truth.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:26
    That's not the point. Egad, you're sounding more like the atheists every day.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:27

I won't be "dragging" anyone. I will simply let people know that what Jesus wants is YOU. Come to Him as you are. It is YOU that He wants.

He loves me. He wants me. He will renew the mind in the course of His filling your he ...[text shortened]... logical reactions. Don't let that detail postpone you turning over your heart to the Lord Jesus.
    Geeeez, finally, someone gets it.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:28

...[text shortened]... alvation. For the Scripture says, Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame. "
    [/b]
    The problem with evolution, as it is normally presented in its fullness, is that it contradicts the word of God and turns people away from belief in God. The complete theory of evolution is not compatible with Christianity.

Sure, one can ignore those parts of the evolution theory and those parts of the Holy Bible that are in conflict and still accept Christ. However, I don't see how we can honestly advocate such an approach.

The Instructor
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Nov '13 21:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Geeeez, finally, someone gets it.
    I am just not one that believes the end is justified by the means. I believe we must attempt to the best of our ability to teach the word of truth in all things to the best of our ability.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree