09 Nov '13 05:04
    God smack.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 21:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Amen! That's what I've been trying to tell a lot of theists lately. The conflict between religion and science is artificial and it is perfectly possible for a theist or Christian to believe in evolution without violating the tenets of their faith.

(You would also think the evolution-fighters would realize that the NT writing started around 90 BCE and ...[text shortened]... ter, so there is no way the NT writers could have taken a position on evolution, but I digress.)
    Surprise. I've been saying this for years.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 21:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not speaking on behave of all Christians. I am simply revealing the truth as best I can.

The Instructor
    Your truth.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 21:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am not suggesting that people substitute the knowledge of the contradictions of evilution and the scriptures for the knowledge of Christ and accepting Him into their hearts as Lord and savior.

Certainly, I believed and put my faith and trust in Christ's saving grace before learning so much about evilution. But some on this website have been taught the d ...[text shortened]... called science of man and only preach the gospel of Christ during these times.

The Instructor
    I know the truth of Christ and I know the truth of evolution.

They can co-exist! One does NOT prevent the other. If it does for you, then you are incredibly narrow-minded. God is much bigger than the tiny box you put Him in.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 23:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Surprise. I've been saying this for years.
    Good for you. I think there are a lot of theists that have no beef with science. I'm glad when they speak up.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 23:23
    Good for you. I think there are a lot of theists that have no beef with science. I'm glad when they speak up.
    I have no beef with science, I just do not know enough about the evolution theory nor those curious verse in the beginning of Genesis.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    10 Nov '13 01:25
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I have no beef with science, I just do not know enough about the evolution theory nor those curious verse in the beginning of Genesis.
    I'd think the prudent course in that case is to remain undecided about evolution.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '13 01:421 edit
    I know the truth of Christ and I know the truth of evolution.

They can co-exist! One does NOT prevent the other. If it does for you, then you are incredibly narrow-minded. God is much bigger than the tiny box you put Him in.
    More nonsese from luke warm Christians, the fact is Jesus Christ taught that humans were created, whole and complete as a direct act of God, quoting directly from the book of Genesis but because of your pushing aside the teaching of Christ you have supplanted it with another, either humans were created by God or they evolved from another genus, you cannot have it both ways for truth does not lie between two polarities.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '13 02:47
    Your truth.
    Truth is not something that I or you can own.

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Nov '13 02:50
    I have no beef with science, it is evilution that I object to.

The Instructor
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Nov '13 02:072 edits
    "O Timothy, guard the deposit, turning away from profane, vain babblings and oppositions from what is falsely called knowledge [science], Because of which some, professing this, have misaimed regarding the faith."

While we guard against God opposing philosophies we need the balance of Paul's exhortation.

God's central purpose is to wrought His life into man.
    God's eternal purpose is to dispense Himself into man that God and man may be one.

The means by which God has ordained for Him to dispense Himself into man is faith. Christ makes His home in the believer's heart through faith.

"That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith ..." (Eph. 3:17)

We can learn and know a lot of things. God imparts His life into man through faith. God's economy is carried out in the realm of faith. And Paul exhorted Timothy the same, because some teachers were getting carried away tracing down geneologies -

"Even as I charged you, when I was going into Macedonia, to remain in Ephesus in order that you might charge certain ones not to teach different things nor to give heed to myths and unending geneologies, which produce questionings rather than God's economy which is in faith." (1 Timothy 1:53,4)

God's economy means God's household management or God's dispensation. This means the way God manages His household. God's management of His household is in the realm of faith. God's economy which is in faith.

This is not an anti-science attitude in general. It is an exhortation that the Christian worker remember that it is in the sphere of faith that Christ makes His is imparted into the members of God's household.

This thread is about the initial adding of men to God's household. Christ makes His home in the believer's hearts through the means of faith.

In Timothy and Paul's day some of the co-workers were distracted into questionings produced by belaboring myths and arguing over endless genealogical tables. Some of these tables were probably in their Scriptures.

Paul told Timothy to remind some colleagues preachers and evangelists that God's dispensing of Himself into His people was in the sphere of faith.

It is true that there are faith attacking and faith destroying philodophies opposed to the Gospel of Christ. This is absolutely true. And in those days there were myths and debates over geneologies which produced all kinds of questions.

Paul reins in his co-workers exhorting them through Timothy, God's economy of dispensing His life into man is in the realm of faith. He brings them back to opening up their hearts that Christ may make His home in the hearts of men through faith.

In the same letter in First Timothy 6:20 Paul cautions Timothy about being led astray by "so-called science" -

"O Timothy, guard the deposit, turning away from profane, vain babblings and oppositions from what is falsely called knowledge [science], Because of which some, professing this, have misaimed regarding the faith."

Some Christians teachers were distracted into too much babbling about what was falsely called science. This distraction caused some to miss the bull's eye of God's economy regarding the faith.

"[T]he faith" here is the object of the Christian's faith - the living and available Person of Jesus. Paul wanted the workers to cause men to touch the living object of the Gospel - the faith, Jesus Himself. That is Jesus Who seeks to make His home more and more and more in the believer's hearts through faith.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree