1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    18 Aug '11 11:07
    If God told you to kill your child would you do it ? Abraham was put in that position. What kind of God would ask for such a thing ?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    18 Aug '11 15:15
    Originally posted by buckky
    If God told you to kill your child would you do it ? Abraham was put in that position. What kind of God would ask for such a thing ?
    After this open up a thread on "Who was Cain's wife?"

    I mean these criticisms are so absolutely original, I really think you should do more to promote them.
  3. Houston, Texas
    Joined
    28 Sep '10
    Moves
    14347
    18 Aug '11 15:49
    Originally posted by jaywill
    After this open up a thread on [b]"Who was Cain's wife?"

    I mean these criticisms are so absolutely original, I really think you should do more to promote them.[/b]
    Who was Cain's wife. Do you have a link to that thread.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    18 Aug '11 16:02
    Originally posted by jaywill
    After this open up a thread on [b]"Who was Cain's wife?"

    I mean these criticisms are so absolutely original, I really think you should do more to promote them.[/b]
    In other words, if a hole in the biblical fairy tale is shown by many people, instead of that being a valid argument it is now invalid BECAUSE a lot of people asked that question?

    Like in a court room, now that you brought it up, just who was Cain's wife?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    18 Aug '11 16:04
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Who was Cain's wife. Do you have a link to that thread.
    The name of Cain's wife is unimportant in the grand scheme of world
    events.
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    18 Aug '11 20:06
    Originally posted by jaywill
    After this open up a thread on [b]"Who was Cain's wife?"

    I mean these criticisms are so absolutely original, I really think you should do more to promote them.[/b]
    You know in this day, and age when someone kills the kids because God told them to do, they are considered mentally ill. In the Bible it's a sign that God is trying to communicate in some beastly way.


    " God said Abraham give me a son... Abe said man you must be putting me on "
    Bob Dylan...
  7. Standard memberSoothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    Planet Rain
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    2437
    18 Aug '11 20:12
    Originally posted by buckky
    What kind of God would ask for such a thing ?
    Either a god unworthy of worship, or a god who is really just an invention of man's warped imaginings.
  8. Standard memberSoothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    Planet Rain
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    2437
    18 Aug '11 20:13
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Who was Cain's wife. Do you have a link to that thread.
    Mrs. Cain.
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    18 Aug '11 20:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The name of Cain's wife is unimportant in the grand scheme of world
    events.
    So there could have been a whole world of people that were "unimportant in the scheme of things" who weren't killed by the Flood right?
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    West Coast Rioter
    tinyurl.com/y7loem9q
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    18 Aug '11 20:15
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Mrs. Cain.
    Gloria.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    18 Aug '11 20:22
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Who was Cain's wife. Do you have a link to that thread.
    Rodanne.

    YouTube

    Well, Japan IS east of Eden...
  12. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Joined
    20 Mar '06
    Moves
    45439
    18 Aug '11 20:54
    Originally posted by buckky
    If God told you to kill your child would you do it ? Abraham was put in that position. What kind of God would ask for such a thing ?
    God was testing obedience. God doesn't want to be second in your life but first. We really don't know exactly why God had asked Abraham to kill his son but in the end it never happened.

    In this day and age, if such an instruction came in my head, I honestly do not know how to react. I will ofcoarse not kill my child but will wonder why I have gotten such a thought. It is very scary but I trust God, and that is all that matters to me.
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    18 Aug '11 21:05
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    God was testing obedience. God doesn't want to be second in your life but first. We really don't know exactly why God had asked Abraham to kill his son but in the end it never happened.

    In this day and age, if such an instruction came in my head, I honestly do not know how to react. I will ofcoarse not kill my child but will wonder why I have gotten such a thought. It is very scary but I trust God, and that is all that matters to me.
    So god didn't know whether Abraham would obey him or not?
  14. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Joined
    24 Sep '02
    Moves
    96652
    18 Aug '11 21:17
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    God was testing obedience. God doesn't want to be second in your life but first. We really don't know exactly why God had asked Abraham to kill his son but in the end it never happened.

    In this day and age, if such an instruction came in my head, I honestly do not know how to react. I will ofcoarse not kill my child but will wonder why I have gotten such a thought. It is very scary but I trust God, and that is all that matters to me.
    That kind of test is not very nice. It seems like a big bully testing his subjects with the most insane request. How come this kind of obvious BS passes for logical religious thought ?
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    18 Aug '11 21:24
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In other words, if a hole in the biblical fairy tale is shown by many people, instead of that being a valid argument it is now invalid BECAUSE a lot of people asked that question?

    Like in a court room, now that you brought it up, just who was Cain's wife?
    =================================
    In other words, if a hole in the biblical fairy tale is shown by many people, instead of that being a valid argument it is now invalid BECAUSE a lot of people asked that question?
    =====================================


    If you are expecting me to say "You took the words right out of my mouth" don't hold your breath.

    You couldn't stick to ONE subject all the way through.

    You're the type that loves to bring up his problem with the Bible. But if we start to address it you quickly JUMP to another problem over here or over there.

    This is the grasshopper skeptic. I notice that as soon as someone tries to follow through on any discussion with your objections, you jump to another one.

    Guys like this are impossible to have a serious discussion with on the Bible. I'd like to see you stick with one objection through without the jump - "But I have this OTHER problem over here too. You See??"

    [/b]================================
    Like in a court room, now that you brought it up, just who was Cain's wife?
    ====================================[/b]

    Mrs. Cain. Sooth told you that.
Back to Top