1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 00:39
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    sure thing. i would be demented in the same way for not obeying saddam hussein, stalin, kim jong-il or mao zedong. you would be right at home obeying them however, they are just like your god.
    Sorry Void Spirit - they are not quite like god -a s they do or have actually existed.

RJHinds little fairy tale god is just a story.

Though based on the "evidence" Christianity has presented this character in the fairy tale does bear a striking resemblance to the lovely people you mentioned.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 01:22
    Originally posted by nook7
    Sorry Void Spirit - they are not quite like god -a s they do or have actually existed.

Though based on the "evidence" Christianity has presented this character in the fairy tale does bear a striking resemblance to the lovely people you mentioned.
    You guys are really funny.
  3. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 01:23
    Originally posted by nook7

He is also an epic screw-up, he just keeps getting stuff wrong.

First he makes two people, who take the forbidden fruit he stupidly put in the garden.

After they are talked into it by an angel who is also made by god, and whom apparently
    while disagreeing with god and having waged war on him, now works in hell in the gainful
    employment of the lord toasting the souls of those who fail to get into heaven.

please note that god thought to create a place of eternal fiery torment in anticipation of
    screwing up making people so badly he would need it.

These two humans then breed like bunnies (and committing incest) to populate the earth.
    These people get so bad and unruly that god eventually gives up on them and being able
    to find only one 'good man' (who still occasionally gets naked drunk out of his skull and
    banishes one of his sons into slavery for coming across him while naked and drunk)
    which is impressive given he was 600 yrs old, (and still had it in him to have 3 kids at
    age 500)

This man then traipses all over the world, on foot covering hundreds of thousands of miles
    in total, most of them hauling uncooperative animals. all the while collecting 2, or maybe 7,
    the bible can't seem to make up its mind, of every animal.
    And brings them all back to where he has built a 400 foot long ark (which has the tardis like
    ability of having far more room on the inside as the external dimensions couldn't possibly
    hold that many creatures)

God then sends a flood killing everyone on the planet in a case of mass genocide and murder.
    when the waters recede Noah and his 3 sons and their wives get busy re-populating the earth,
    which of course involves a lot more incest.

but even these people can't get it right.

So he has to send part of himself down to earth to get killed, and then come back to life,
    because that apparently solves the problem......

Of course if you look at actual history and are not a young earther then it gets worse.

In total so far there have been slightly more than 100billion people born throughout history.

For almost all of that time the child death rate was about 50%.

So over 50 billion of gods children have died throughout history without ever having a chance
    to get old enough to accept god and go to heaven.

It gets worse when you take into account all the miscarries aborting foetuses, who never even
    got born before dying, and all the mothers who died during childbirth.

If you believe god made us and made the world and the whole universe, then you believe that
    god gave us a reproductive system that fails more than 50% of the time, kills the mother in around
    1:100 births, those that do get born, have a 50% chance of dying, mainly from disease before they
    make adulthood.

God couldn't even make one planet in the entire freekin universe that doesn't spend its entire time
    trying to find inventive new ways to kill people, and whose biosphere is infested with countless hoards
    of viruses and bacteria.

And couldn't even design us with a decent reproductive system that didn't result in still births and
    maternal deaths.

Best case your god is simply unthinkably incompetent.
    worst case your god is psychopathic.

conclusion, if you believe in a 'loving god'. it can not possibly exist.

no loving deity could possibly create such a world and system such as the one we live in, where 50%
    of everyone who has ever lived never made it out of childhood.

If god exists.... It isn't moral, it isn't just, it isn't nice, and it isn't loving.

And I for one want nothing to do with it.

Good job there is absolutely no reason to believe it does exist.

(btw, yes I did nick some arguments from The Atheist Experience, I don't think they would mind.)
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 01:28
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    After they are talked into it by an angel who is also made by god, and whom apparently
    while you make good points, i have to come to the defense of the bible on this point. it wasn't an angel. according to the legend, it was actually a snake that lived in the garden and the punishment of the snake was to crawl on its belly and be stepped on.

the fallen angel bit was invented later, though it makes god out to be more of a moron for punishing snakes!
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 01:39
    while you make good points, i have to come to the defense of the bible on this point. it wasn't an angel. according to the legend, it was actually a snake that lived in the garden and the punishment of the snake was to crawl on its belly and be stepped on.

the fallen angel bit was invented later, though it makes god out to be more of a moron for punishing snakes!
    Ok, well I will not claim to be any kind of bible expert.
    but it doesn't really dent my overall point in any way.

This is a rather entertaining way of putting it.

YouTube
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 02:11

First he makes two people, who take the forbidden fruit he stupidly put in the garden.

while disagreeing with god and having waged war on him, now works in hell in the gainful
    employment of the l ...[text shortened]... nick some arguments from The Atheist Experience, I don't think they would mind.)
    You started off very funny; but then you continued until you became
    very obnoxious.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 02:13

I'm not fond of snakes myself. I get in the killing mood
    when I get near them.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 02:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I'm not fond of snakes myself. I get in the killing mood
    when I get near them.
    What, guilty conscience?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 04:451 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What, guilty conscience?
    It does not make me feel quilty at all. It is like smashing a cockroach
    under my shoe. I feel good about it except for the mess.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 10:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You started off very funny; but then you continued until you became
    very obnoxious.
    No, he stayed funny right the way through. You only found it obnoxious because he pointed out some of the absurdities in your world-view.
  11. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 10:10

employment of the l ...[text shortened]... nick some arguments from The Atheist Experience, I don't think they would mind.)
    (insert sarcasm here) are you suggesting that an omniprescent, perfect god could have perhaps screwed up?!?!?! surely not.

i think you will find that the men who wrote the book (we sure as hell know that no women were involved as they are clearly not required) made mistake after feeble contradiction in putting together the horror story that is the old testament.

No gods were or are involved as they do not exist.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 11:42
    well yes, that was the message of my upbeat ending.
  13. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 12:16
    well yes, that was the message of my upbeat ending.
    lol indeed it was

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree