1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 22:341 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Curiously, after leaving Spokane, I ended up in another Inland Empire, in southern California around the Riverside/Loma Linda area. Druthers would have kept me in River City!

One of my great uncles had a barber shop within a stone's throw of Riverside Park, and I recall the year-long countdown leading up to the Expo there in '74, posted on the clocktow kets! I was just sick for poor Morrison. What a great player that kid is turning out to be.
    The last five minutes were painful. Reminded me of a WSU football game against USC some years back. We controlled the entire game, but never put them awy. When USC got the ball with under 2 minutes remaining, you know WSU would lose. The GU loss, OTOH, remains as unbelieveable as some of the penalties during the recent SuperBowl, and it was made more painful as the realization sunk in that the announcers had been pulling for UCLA the entire game.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 00:42
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    The last five minutes were painful. Reminded me of a WSU football game against USC some years back. We controlled the entire game, but never put them awy. When USC got the ball with under 2 minutes remaining, you know WSU would lose. The GU loss, OTOH, remains as unbelieveable as some of the penalties during the recent SuperBowl, and it was made more painful as the realization sunk in that the announcers had been pulling for UCLA the entire game.
    Out here on the East Coast, CBS was showing the WVU/Texas game, only cutting away at half time and timeouts to the Zags. I had to go to the local pub serving Newcastle to get the satelite feed for the West Coast CBS showing the 'right' game.

And, you are right. The announcers were so much behind UCLA it was sick. You'd almost think they were part of the officiating crew, it was that blatant. The no-calls on the travel, the tag-team steal/smackdown, well, it was enough to make me order one more Newcastle for comfort. It's not often that Jesuits get the short end of the stick, but they sure got it this time. Paybacks...
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 09:08
    Originally posted by JoniG
    I love Bob Dylan!
    And, apparently, Metallica. Interesting combination that even I can agree on. 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 04:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree