12 Nov '09 09:484 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 05:15
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The fact is he hasn't answered any of the questions I have raised about the Church's double-standards at Knock. Blaming my criticisms on 'protestant bias' or pointing out that the Church is under no obligation to accept all phenomena, doesn't address my point that the Church benefits from a long-line of these apparitions at Knock and is guilty of outrageous hypocrisy.

Again, I don't follow your reasoning. I cannot see the slightest hint of hypocricy. Just because the bishop believes that an apparition once occurred at Knock and that Knock is now a location for pilgrimage does not mean that he must accept every claim of an apparition. It seems quite clear that this man is a charlatan. He says he will reveal the content of a message from Mary then defers the date to some later time.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 09:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That is because although you have 'raised questions' you have not provided any evidence, but rather made unsupported accusations regarding why you believe there are double standards. I personally have no idea whether you have any "Protestant Bias", but you certainly seem too quick to cry 'money'.
    1. The Church will look at any phenomena and make a judgment as to whether it is:
    a) probably a miracle.
    b) may be a miracle, maybe not.
    c) probably not a miracle.
    2. Then, if b) before encouraging or discouraging pilgrimages / prayer etc they will look at:
    a) whether it is good for the people. eg it will encourage their faith, encourage them to pray etc. And whether it might in fact be harmful or costly for the people.
    b) whether it is good for the Church (this could include money, but could also include many other considerations).
    c) other considerations.

Unless you know the details in this instance of the various considerations above, you should not immediately jump to conclusions.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Dec '09 16:07
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8390184.stm

Bad, bad Catholic Church for not wanting people to look at the sun.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree