1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 17:39
    I have come to the conclusion that I know nothing about spiritual matters, and I fear nobody else knows anything either. It's all speculation. I hope there is an after life, and I hope there is something pleasant to look forward to down the road, but I sure can't take it to the bank, because I know nothing about such matters. Who does ?
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 17:54
    That's really at the core of all religious belief, isn't it? The extreme human discomfort with self-awareness, life and death, and not knowing anything about it?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jan '10 23:27
    Originally posted by buckky
    I have come to the conclusion that I know nothing about spiritual matters, and I fear nobody else knows anything either. It's all speculation. I hope there is an after life, and I hope there is something pleasant to look forward to down the road, but I sure can't take it to the bank, because I know nothing about such matters. Who does ?
    I have had a few satori experiences but not satori. In this sense I think I know there is a point to pusruing spiritual matters, life,death,afterlife,etc.
    But in the absolute sense of knowing 24/7,no , that will not happen until satori.
  4. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 01:14
    I've come to the same conclusion.

Others have a different take on how knowing is possible. Good luck to them.
  5. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 18:131 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I have had a few satori experiences but not satori. In this sense I think I know there is a point to pusruing spiritual matters, life,death,afterlife,etc.
    But in the absolute sense of knowing 24/7,no , that will not happen until satori.
    You stink of zen
  6. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 22:34
    I know the love of God. I'm very familiar with God's love because it fills me daily. There's no greater joy than knowing the tender love of the Father, who embraces you whole, character defects, sins and all. It is to this intimate relationship which Jesus Christ calls all people. And all those who obey the Gospel get to taste, hear and see exactly why it is called the Good News.
  7. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 22:47
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    I know the love of God. I'm very familiar with God's love because it fills me daily. There's no greater joy than knowing the tender love of the Father, who embraces you whole, character defects, sins and all. It is to this intimate relationship which Jesus Christ calls all people. And all those who obey the Gospel get to taste, hear and see exactly why it is called the Good News.
    I disagree 🙂
  8. Illinois
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 22:51
    Originally posted by Lord Shark
    I disagree 🙂
    So be it.
  9. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 23:24
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    So be it.
    Well that's faith for you. You have this experience and conclude as you do. As you say, so be it.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 23:34
    Originally posted by ua41
    You stink of zen
    down to my toes!
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '10 23:46
    I do.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 00:01
    Originally posted by josephw
    I do.
    Well? dont leave us hanging. Give us one of your pearls of wisdom please.
  13. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 03:39
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    down to my toes!
    🙂

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/74/Huxisanxiaotu.jpg
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 04:02
    Step one...

Don't stop there.
  15. The Smoke
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 04:36
    Originally posted by Badwater
    That's really at the core of all religious belief, isn't it? The extreme human discomfort with self-awareness, life and death, and not knowing anything about it?
    buckky mentioned 'spiritual matters' not 'religious belief', those are two different things in my book... also, I do not agree with your statement about, quote, "the extreme human discomfort of.."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree