1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 04:481 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    I have come to the conclusion that I know nothing about spiritual matters, and I fear nobody else knows anything either. It's all speculation. I hope there is an after life, and I hope there is something pleasant to look forward to down the road, but I sure can't take it to the bank, because I know nothing about such matters. Who does ?
    Love is the glue which binds the immaterial with the material. Love is without form, is not measurable, and cannot be proven to exist in and of itself....if we attempt to understand it via science. However, we know it to be the driving force in our lives which gives our lives meaning. It is both undeniable real and, at the same time, undeniable immaterial. God is love.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 13:201 edit
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    I know the love of God. I'm very familiar with God's love because it fills me daily. There's no greater joy than knowing the tender love of the Father, who embraces you whole, character defects, sins and all. It is to this intimate relationship which Jesus Christ calls all people. And all those who obey the Gospel get to taste, hear and see exactly why it is called the Good News.
    ================================
    I know the love of God. I'm very familiar with God's love because it fills me daily. There's no greater joy than knowing the tender love of the Father, who embraces you whole, character defects, sins and all. It is to this intimate relationship which Jesus Christ calls all people. And all those who obey the Gospel get to taste, hear and see exactly why it is called the Good News.
    ==========================================

I know what you are talking about. I have experienced this also.

My face muscles hurt from grinning so much in the week that I touched such a deep joy of Christ's presence. My cheeks hurt because I felt so good within.

That was January of 1974. I had been a Christian for a couple of years already. But that winter I really got some rocks removed from my heart and I touched a gusher of joy in a corporate way.

Christ is really the Good News. You are exactly right.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 15:55
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Or, someone has an impossible time with an image of God the Father because they were abused by their father. Instead of a loving God that is without gender, one gets to be subjected to the constant, shrill patriarchal nature of Christianity.

Or, someone is turned off by the gross double standards exhibited by a majority of Christians and Christian churches and does not see love in hypocrisy and double standard, does not see love in the hate, the shunning, the violence, against those who are not them - those that are not the right color, the right income, the right gender, the right nationality, the right religion.

No thanks, I'll pass.
  4. Illinois
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 21:07
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Or, someone has an impossible time with an image of God the Father because they were abused by their father. Instead of a loving God that is without gender, one gets to be subjected to the constant, shrill patriarchal nature of Christianity.

Or, someone is turned off by the gross double standards exhibited by a majority of Christians and Christian church ...[text shortened]... t income, the right gender, the right nationality, the right religion.

No thanks, I'll pass.
    Or, someone has an impossible time with an image of God the Father because they were abused by their father.

I'm familiar with that. My dad abandoned us when I was in first grade. For years I struggled with conceptualizing God as distant and uncaring.

God heals.

Or, someone is turned off by the gross double standards exhibited by a majority of Christians and Christian churches and does not see love in hypocrisy and double standard, does not see love in the hate, the shunning, the violence, against those who are not them - those that are not the right color, the right income, the right gender, the right nationality, the right religion.

No doubt your observations are spot on. Often Christians are poor representatives of Christ. But be careful that you are not using the sins of others as an excuse to escape the love of God and all an authentic relationship with Him entails.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '10 23:30
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Well? dont leave us hanging. Give us one of your pearls of wisdom please.
    What would you like to know?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Jan '10 02:06
    Originally posted by josephw
    What would you like to know?
    Oh you know just a couple of lines . Like me and whodey wrote, for example.
    Its just that you replied and...its no biggie.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Jan '10 13:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Oh you know just a couple of lines . Like me and whodey wrote, for example.
    Its just that you replied and...its no biggie.
    In him(Jesus)was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
  8. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 17:461 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]================================
    I know the love of God. I'm very familiar with God's love because it fills me daily. There's no greater joy than knowing the tender love of the Father, who embraces you whole, character defects, sins and all. It is to this intimate relationship which Jesus Christ calls all people. And all those who obey the Gospel get ...[text shortened]... her of joy in a corporate way.

Christ is really the Good News. You are exactly right.
    [/b]
    Interesting, because I used to be a Christian.
    But I experienced such joy when I abandoned it 🙂
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 11:41
    Y'know the search for truth is really a process of elimination...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree