1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 08:44
    @philokalia said
    I cannot respond to your post because I have signed on to Marauder's posting guidelines which prohibits me from answering ad hominem posts.

If you would like to interact with me, do not post insults at me, and I will gladly respond.
    I do not believe I have insulted you and in any case insults
    are not "ad hominem" arguments. I don't particularly want
    to interact with you anyway as your demonstrated general
    ignorance is rather tedious. So let's not interact at all.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 08:45
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If you had to choose, would you rather be trolled by stupidity or biting sarcasm?
    Biting sarcasm at a pinch. (or a nip)
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 10:59
    @wolfgang59 said
    Biting sarcasm at a pinch. (or a nip)
    I remain undecided.

Stupidity can be grinding, but at least there is the consolation of everyone knowing you had won the argument. Biting sarcasm can wear you down without delivering such consolation.

On balance, I think I would rather be trolled by stupidity.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 11:23
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I remain undecided.

Stupidity can be grinding, but at least there is the consolation of everyone knowing you had won the argument. Biting sarcasm can wear you down without delivering such consolation.

On balance, I think I would rather be trolled by stupidity.
    You can have my troll for a trial period.
    No fee.
    I accept no responsibility for any mishaps.
    (Including carpet cleaning)
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Nov '18 14:39
    @wolfgang59 said
    You can have my troll for a trial period.
    No fee.
    I accept no responsibility for any mishaps.
    (Including carpet cleaning)
    Can I give you Chaney in trade?
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 23:30
    Just as a note... I do not really like the title of this.

I attend a church in Korea an dam quite familiar with Korean Christianity. Wolfgang's post actually has nothing to do with Korea other than the fact that it highlights a Korean criminal.

Imagine posting about a terror attack that killed 7 in Algeria and just sharply titling the post in the Spirituality forum "Algerian Islam."

It's not a good way to title or denote things, IMO. It others the Koreans (or whomever) and also dismisses the religion as a whole.

I would suggest people title threads after the actual content.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Nov '18 23:33
    @philokalia said
    Just as a note... I do not really like the title of this.

I attend a church in Korea an dam quite familiar with Korean Christianity.
    Why are you referring to is as "Korean Christianity"?
  8. S. Korea
    Moves
    26 Nov '18 01:21
    Right, good point, FMF, even the category itself can feel a little bit funny, but I understand it as a category as it can be a particular interest.

For instance, "Korean Christianity" and "Spanish Christianity" can be interesting in the sense of studying the development and history of Christianity in those societies.

Yet, the category can also be funny because a Korean Lutheran and a Korean Catholic have less in common with each other theologically than a Norwegian Lutheran has with a Korean Lutheran, and a Spanish Catholic with a Korean Catholic.

It is worth noting, though, that "Korean Christianity" is a very interesting topic as it involves a lot of very recent and relevant stories about the entrance of Christianity, particular sects of Christianity, and the role of the Christian minority in its modern history.

Moreover, the very unique characteristics of Korean culture can end up with unique questions...

For instance, the way that Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant people may approach traditional ancestral rites practices on holidays.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree