1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 00:19
    @galveston75 said
    So yes I do understand your viewpoint and the reason is because most JW's have all come from those religions because they were empty and void of real spirituality.
    Frankly speaking, your religion comes across as "empty and void of real spirituality". You are mean-spirited propagandist who turns up here from time to time to regurgitate your corporation's anti-other Christian doctrines.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 00:54
    @galveston75 said
    So yes I do understand your viewpoint and the reason is because most JW's have all come from those religions because they were empty and void of real spirituality.
    You say the reason why "most JWs" come from "those religions" is because of some sort of deficit in "spirituality". This is not true. "Most JWs" come from existing JWs indoctrinating their own children. So, it would be more truthful to say that "most JWs" come from their own immediate families which were already JWs. This is why, although your organization is still gaining more members each year, its rate of growth is steadily declining.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 01:06
    @FMF

Is @divegeester out of commission? What have you done with him, you louche harridan!
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 01:361 edit
    @fmf said
    Frankly speaking, your religion comes across as "empty and void of real spirituality". You are mean-spirited propagandist who turns up here from time to time to regurgitate your corporation's anti-other Christian doctrines.
    Well not exactly the response I was hoping for but you just clarified some things for me. Whatever..... All I can promise you is this. You know nothing about us.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 02:42
    @galveston75 said
    You know nothing about us.
    Actually I do know a lot about you.

I have read literally hundreds of copies of The Watchtower and Awake.

I befriended three married couples who were JWs on three different continents.

More to the point, I have read at least 30,000 posts by robbie carrobie about his JW version of Christianity and I have read more than 30,000 posts by you about your organization's doctrines and I have witnessed your "Christian" demeanour and your moral and ideological thought patterns.

You need to take some responsibility for the version of walking the Christian walk and the spiritual mindmap that you project.

So to say I know nothing about you is a bit silly.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 02:52
    @galveston75

We might not believe the same things (and probably don't), but I will stand beside you. There's something wrong here.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 10:11
    @fmf said
    No. You aren't getting it. I am not still a Christian because I lost my faith. You don't think you will lose your faith. And maybe you won't. Twenty years ago, like you now, I had no reason to believe I was going to lose my faith. Like you are now, back then I was certain about my strong faith.
    You're the one not "getting it".

Apparently the object of your faith failed you. Obviously yours was a false faith, and you hadn't really been "born again" and baptized into Christ by the Holy Spirit because if you had you would never have "lost your faith".

You had religious faith and not Jesus' faith. I know you put little stock in the veracity of scripture, but Ephesians 2:8 says that faith is the gift of God. Also, in Galatians 2:16,20 says "...justified by the faith of Christ,.." and "...I live by the faith of the Son of God,.." respectively.

You needed, and still do obviously, the "faith of the Son of God".
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 10:16
    @fmf said
    If you are now distancing yourself from your comments on page 7 of this thread, just say so.
    Don't be silly. I answered the question, but I will distance myself from answering any further presumptuous questions that infer I am suggesting something I'm not.
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 10:17
    @divegeester said
    What exceptions are you referring to?
    The obvious ones.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 10:18
    @divegeester said
    How do you know this, who are you to judge?
    The irony!
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 10:21
    @divegeester said
    If you are not suggesting that FMF could not have had a relationship with God because he was a Catholic, then what are you saying?
    What you obviously don't understand and are unable to comprehend.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 10:31
    @secondson said
    You're the one not "getting it".

Apparently the object of your faith failed you. Obviously yours was a false faith, and you hadn't really been "born again" and baptized into Christ by the Holy Spirit because if you had you would never have "lost your faith".

You had religious faith and not Jesus' faith. I know you put little stock in the veracity of scripture, but Eph ...[text shortened]... e Son of God,.." respectively.

You needed, and still do obviously, the "faith of the Son of God".
    I used to be a Christian with strong faith, whose life was permeated by it, and whose life involved acting upon it as if it were objective truth.

Most of your responses to these facts seem to be some kind of virtue signalling about how strong and permeating your own faith is.

Your intended audience appears to be fellow Christians and not me. It doesn't make for very good conversation.

My beliefs - and all their implications - were real to me back then, just as your faith is real to you now.

You can go on as much as you want about how strong and meaningful your faith is to you now [which is what all your comments about me seem to be doing], but it does not enable you reach back into the life I have lived and alter how strong and meaningful my faith was in the past.

Your attempts to insist I was never really this and I was never really that seem to be nothing much more than you stressing over and over and over again how certain you feel right about your current beliefs.

If you ever lose your faith, I hope you will be able to look back on that part of your life when you were a believer and speak about it as honestly as I have.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 10:33
    @secondson said
    Don't be silly. I answered the question, but I will distance myself from answering any further presumptuous questions that infer I am suggesting something I'm not.
    But what about your comments on page 7?

Did you express yourself poorly?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 10:371 edit
    @secondson said
    I know you put little stock in the veracity of scripture, but Ephesians 2:8 says that faith is the gift of God. Also, in Galatians 2:16,20 says "...justified by the faith of Christ,.." and "...I live by the faith of the Son of God,.." respectively.
    Well, I am an agnostic atheist, so ~ gosh ~ what would you expect? Why would I put any stock in it all?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jul '20 10:411 edit
    @secondson said
    Apparently the object of your faith failed you.
    I believe Jesus has been stone dead for 2,000 years. I do not believe he "failed" me. I don't think he has "failed" anyone. Your belief that he is still somehow still "alive" and interacting with you in someway is on you, it's not on him. He's gone and all that is left are his teachings. I do not see how Jesus has "failed" me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree