1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 11:32
    @fmf said
    I used to believe this.
    If you ever had truly believed in the Jesus of the Bible you would have had the experience of regeneration from which there would have been no turning back.
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 11:37
    @fmf said
    I've have mentioned it to you at least half a dozen times over the last 3-4 years including one extended discussion we had about it when you became increasingly active early in 2018. What's the matter with you?
    I have read that you claim to have been a Christian for 28 years, but your in your earlier post was the first time I read you say you were a Catholic.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 12:03
    @secondson said
    I have read that you claim to have been a Christian for 28 years, but your in your earlier post was the first time I read you say you were a Catholic.
    No I have told several times that I was a Catholic.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 12:05
    @secondson said
    If you ever had truly believed in the Jesus of the Bible you would have had the experience of regeneration from which there would have been no turning back.
    Yep. I believed this sort of stuff too when I was a Christian.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 12:08
    @secondson said
    That's your opinion because you disbelieve the authenticity and authority of God's Word.
    Your belief in the supposee authenticity and authority of "God's Word" does not alter the fact that all your opinions rooted in that belief are subjective.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 12:17
    @fmf said
    I did, as a matter of fact. I also learned much from people who were ~ within the Catholic tradition and as followers of Jesus ~ living Christian lives and walking the walk that their faith demanded of them.

When you turn up here for one of your sporadic huffy visits to promote what you see as some of the unique selling points [doctrinally speaking] of your non-profit corporat ...[text shortened]... give any glimpse of you living a Christian life and walking the walk that your faith demands of you?
    You know as well as I do that no matter how I were to present anything from the bible that being a JW I would still get the reactions from you and your buddy. From day one you two have been at the front of the pack in demeaning the JW's.
    Yes I'm positive I've responded in a very defensive way and I have to answer to Jehovah for that.
    So perhaps we should all with the exception of dive dude as that is way beyond him, should be more civil?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 12:18
    @divegeester said
    I’ve seen and read carefully every reply you have made Galveston75 and you have NEVER, not even once, been unequivocal and given a straight answer.

The answer to my question above is either - “yes it is possible”, or “no it isn’t possible”. You may give whatever explanation you like. But you will not, you cannot give a straight answer and you know it.

If you can ...[text shortened]... xt life with Jehovah if they are not a member of the Jehovah’s Witness religious organisation?” [/b]
    🙂
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 12:551 edit
    @galveston75 said
    You know as well as I do that no matter how I were to present anything from the bible that being a JW I would still get the reactions from you and your buddy. From day one you two have been at the front of the pack in demeaning the JW's.
    Yes I'm positive I've responded in a very defensive way and I have to answer to Jehovah for that.
    So perhaps we should all with the exception of dive dude as that is way beyond him, should be more civil?
    This little dollop of self-pity is basically a dodge. Can you look once again at what you were purportedly responding to and try again? Clue: what I said had nothing to do with divegeester. You made some sort of claim about my experience as a Catholic and so I responded. You have dodged it.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 13:02
    @secondson said
    From my point of view ~ and in my experience of having had strong faith and the sense of exuberance and fulfilment that comes with it ~ I understand that you feel absolutely certain you've had some kind of supernatural "experience of regeneration". But it's not something that's actually real in any objective way; it's just something that feels very, very real to you.
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 13:29
    @fmf said
    No I have told several times that I was a Catholic.
    If you had I would have remembered. You are mistaken.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 13:43
    @fmf said
    Yep. I believed this sort of stuff too when I was a Christian.
    Once one is born again they don't become unborn again, so what you may or may not have believed before never became a reality.

Yours was merely a religious experience without the substance of the reality of the new birth, because if you had actually known Jesus and had been filled with His Spirit you would never have turned away from Him in unbelief, and you would never have lost your faith.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 13:46
    @secondson said
    Once one is born again they don't become unborn again, so what you may or may not have believed before never became a reality.
    I used to believe stuff similar to this about myself so I fully understand why you believe it about yourself.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 13:47
    @secondson said
    Yours was merely a religious experience without the substance of the reality of the new birth, because if you had actually known Jesus and had been filled with His Spirit you would never have turned away from Him in unbelief, and you would never have lost your faith.
    Rest assured, I get why you believe this kind of thing.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 13:50
    @secondson said
    if you had actually known Jesus and had been filled with His Spirit you would never have turned away from Him in unbelief, and you would never have lost your faith.
    Twenty or so years ago I would have been asserting these kinds of things with every bit as much conviction as you are now.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '20 13:52
    @secondson said
    If you had I would have remembered. You are mistaken.
    It's not the only thing you have seemed unable to remember despite them coming up in discussions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree