1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 01:07
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Can you show me that in the Bible? Thanks.
    Matthew, Chapter 24, Verse 31; "And He shall send His angels with a trumpet, and a great voice: and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest parts of the heavens to the utmost bounds of them..." then in Chapter 25 Verse 45-46 "Then He shall answer them, saying;: Amen I say to you as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me. And these shall go into everlasting punishment, but the just, into life everlasting
  2. Earth
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 06:18
    Yes he isn't human now but a spirit. So for him to be God means he ( Jesus ) would no longer exist then. Right? If he is still Jesus then he wouldn't know the date as Matt brings out. Matt is also talking about the angels who are spirit creatures as would Jesus also be in this context.
    So is Jesus not Jesus anymore now that he's a spirit?
    Jesus is like a mirror in which we can see God. If you see the sun reflected in a mirror and you say that is the sun, you will be right and you will also be wrong. I think this is the source of the confusion.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 13:28
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Matthew, Chapter 24, Verse 31; "And He shall send His angels with a trumpet, and a great voice: and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest parts of the heavens to the utmost bounds of them..." then in Chapter 25 Verse 45-46 "Then He shall answer them, saying;: Amen I say to you as long as you did it not to one of these l ...[text shortened]... t to me. And these shall go into everlasting punishment, but the just, into life everlasting
    Not to be disrespectful but I don't see where it says Jesus was in heaven with his fleshly body?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 13:35
    Originally posted by Varqa
    Jesus is like a mirror in which we can see God. If you see the sun reflected in a mirror and you say that is the sun, you will be right and you will also be wrong. I think this is the source of the confusion.
    Thanks for that explination. I've heard it explained before that Jesus is an ambasodor for his Father, someone we have to go thru to speak to god and in return hear from God at this time. And the holy spirit or ghost as some say is simply God's spirit, and the power he uses to direct eveything. But it is not a person. For example it has never been given a name.
    So could it be that God and Jesus are really two seperate beings? The Bible after all continually speaks of them being a Father and a Son?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 13:53
    Not to be disrespectful but I don't see where it says Jesus was in heaven with his fleshly body?
    The disciples thought they saw a spirit. Christ said he is flesh and bones:

Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
    37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
    38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
    39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Shortly after that Christ was taken into heaven and the angels said:

Acts 1:11 ..Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

There is no indication that Christ's form was changed. Christ will return to the earth as he went up.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 15:05
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The disciples thought they saw a spirit. Christ said he is flesh and bones:

[i]Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
    37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
    38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise ...[text shortened]... is no indication that Christ's form was changed. Christ will return to the earth as he went up.
    So Jesus is still in flesh and blood in heaven? I hope he can find food up there...
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 15:31
    So Jesus is still in flesh and blood in heaven? ..
    The Bible did not make that clear. Youare of course entitled to invistigate and search for answers if you like. What you are not entitled to do is to :

- make claims which contradict Christ.
    - believe that your speculation is necessarily fact.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 19:391 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The Bible did not make that clear. Youare of course entitled to invistigate and search for answers if you like. What you are not entitled to do is to :

- make claims which contradict Christ.
    - believe that your speculation is necessarily fact.
    1 Cor 15:50 again says flesh and blood cannot enter heaven!!!!. Jesus could only go to heaven as a spirit creature.
    When he was in the view of the apostles, he was a spirit at that time but as many angels have done in the past he made himself visable. Not a hard thing for him to do. When he ascended to heaven he was a spirit and not a flesh and blood human.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 19:52
    Sorry got sidetracked with everybody's bodies in Heaven, here's a passage for you, Mark chapter 16, Verses 5-6 And entering the sepulcher they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed with a white robe; and they were astonished. Who said to them; be not affrighted you seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified; He is risen...". Then in verse 19; "And the Lord Jesus, after He had spoken to them, was taken up into Heaven, and sits on the right hand of God".
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 20:191 edit
    Sorry got sidetracked with everybody's bodies in Heaven, here's a passage for you, Mark chapter 16, Verses 5-6 And entering the sepulcher they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed with a white robe; and they were astonished. Who said to them; be not affrighted you seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified; He is risen...". Then in verse 19; after He had spoken to them, was taken up into Heaven, and sits on the right hand of God".
    Not denying that he ascended. But in what form? Have humans not seen angels before, such as Abraham? They even ate food with him but were still angels and had to leave their materialized bodies to return to heaven..... Jesus had to do the same, and now sits at the right hand of his father as a spirit. Right?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 20:28
    1 Cor 15:50 again says flesh and blood cannot enter heaven!!!!. Jesus could only go to heaven as a spirit creature.
    When he was in the view of the apostles, he was a spirit at that time but as many angels have done in the past he made himself visable. Not a hard thing for him to do. When he ascended to heaven he was a spirit and not a flesh and blood human.
    After his resurrection, Christ said he was 'flesh and bones', and that He was NOT a spirit. (where did anyone say he was a flesh and blood human?). You are going to great lengths to make Christ a liar, and thats very stupid.

At the point when he was taken into heaven his constitution could be changed. Thats entirely possible. But unless you have Biblical evidence all that you are saying is speculation... a guess. Dont confuse guesses with facts.
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 20:35
    Not denying that he ascended. But in what form? Have humans not seen angels before, such as Abraham? They even ate food with him but were still angels and had to leave their materialized bodies to return to heaven..... Jesus had to do the same, and now sits at the right hand of his father as a spirit. Right?
    Luke, chapter 24, verse 39; "See My hands and feet, that it is I Myself; handle, and see;: for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as you see Me to have".
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 21:05
    Luke, chapter 24, verse 39; "See My hands and feet, that it is I Myself; handle, and see;: for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as you see Me to have".
    Did not the angels that appeared to Abraham not have flesh and eat food?
    You guys are not listening and seeing the fact that a spirit creature can materialize to a fleshly human body. No memories of Abrahams experiance?
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 02:26
    You guys are not listening and seeing the fact that a spirit creature can materialize to a fleshly human body. No memories of Abrahams experiance?
    Yeah but Jesus grew up on Earth was dead 3 days then rose from the dead, when you are talking about angels, they for a short period of time assume the form of human bodies, I know like in Tobias an angel does that and even APPEARS to eat food but in the end he told them he really didn't.
  15. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 03:02
    Those were not angels. They were physical visitors from another place trying to influence a bunch of ignorant savages.Jesus was just a case of artificial insemination.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree