1. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 23:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You are giving your version of A truth.
    Here you seem to suggest that ancient peoples were less advanced (spiritually) and hence ate meat n' such. Other places you've said that Vedanta is ancient( eternal, I believe), and that it is perfected truth.
    So did we evolve spiritually or devolve spiritually? You seem to be saying both.

Do you have your ...[text shortened]... e peoples unspiritual (simply because they do not follow Vedanta)

pygmies indeed..... 🙄
    I am with you there, just by viewing the movie "The Gods must be crazy", and how they expressed their type lifestyle, which is very in tuned to spirituality.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:011 edit
    igOriginally posted by karoly aczel
    You are giving your version of A truth.
    Here you seem to suggest that ancient peoples were less advanced (spiritually) and hence ate meat n' such. Other places you've said that Vedanta is ancient( eternal, I believe), and that it is perfected truth.
    So did we evolve spiritually or devolve spiritually? You seem to be saying both.

Do you have you e peoples unspiritual (simply because they do not follow Vedanta)

pygmies indeed..... 🙄
    Ok, good questions

I am giving examples only,...so forget pygmys and aboriginies, lets say there is a tribe of natives somewhere killing animals to eat, then that is there karma to be born at that time as a native...ok.

The only spiritual thing about the aboriginies is that they acknowledged a power greater than themselves, (nature, the universe) so they are far superior to the many atheist who are in this forum.

Everyone is a spiritual being, but that doesnt mean they are living the spiritual life, but when they die they always get opportunity to take up the spiritual life at some point in the future.

I never mentioned the word ancient.....but the Vedas are eternal and have been with mankind from the beginning of creation, and were first received by Lord Brahma and the knowledge was passed along in disciplic succession to the present day.....and I dont know of the history of Aboriginies, but millions of years ago the continents were joined and there was one King of the planet, and maybe there was no Aboriginies in Austaralia at that time, I wouldnt know.

The fall according to christianity is a fable, but the fall of the Jivatma (soul) took place trillions of years ago and it was not so much a fall, but a choice.

In the spiritual realm which is the reality! (material world is illusion) the living entity always has independence, and when they use that independence to desire to be God, then they come to this dream world (of illusion) and we all play at being the Lord and Master of this world.

But the thing to understand is God cannot set up the living entity to be God in opposition to God Self, so this dream world is a facility for the living entitys to be Lord and master of their lives, and when they wake up from the dream and remember that they are always the servant and not the master, then they may live their spiritual life and the forgetfulness is removed and the loving relationship is once more established and the living entity retrurns to their real home in the spiritual world.

While the living entity is in this world of illusion, the Lord forefills their desires and this is why there is so many different forms of life (species) because every desire has a corresponding body to forefill that desire.

When the living entity desires to love God, they get a eternal Spiritual body in the Spiritual world with God, and never have to take birth here again.

The soul is always perfect full of knowledge and bliss and eternal, but when the soul comes to the material world it is covered by forgetfullness so as to enable it to accept this dream as real,... otherwise if the perfect soul is fully cogniscent it would not be able to play at being Lord and master of this world,....so the soul doesnt evolve, but it wakes up from the dream and becomes self realized (thats the meaning of self realization) to wake up from this dream and remember our eternal relationship with God our eternal friend and well wisher.(so the consciousness evolves from material to spiritual)

The materal bodies (species) dont evolve, they are created at the beginning of creation in the form of seeds, but material bodies can adapt to change and this adaption is mistaken for evolution.

Ancient people were very advanced in the spiritual life and they followed the Vedanta teachings, but this is the Age of Kali and it is degraded and becoming more degraded as time advances, but hundreds of thousands of years ago, the world was different and people were very advanced and lived longer and had excellent memories, and had all good spiritual qualities and there was no sickness or disease (clean living high thinking) and as time advances and the living entities become more conditioned and materialistic, then the real purpose of the human form of life is lost to the atheistis propaganda.
  3. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 01:141 edit
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Ok, good questions

I am giving examples only,...so forget pygmys and aboriginies, lets say there is a tribe of natives somewhere killing animals to eat, then that is there karma to be born at that time as a native...ok.

The only spiritual thing about the aboriginies is that they acknowledged a power greater than themselves, (nature, the universe) so ...[text shortened]... erialistic, then the real purpose of the human form of life is lost to the atheistis propaganda.
    >>>When the living entity desires to love God, they get a eternal Spiritual body in the Spiritual world with God, and never have to take birth here again.

The soul is always perfect full of knowledge and bliss and eternal, but when the soul comes to the material world it is covered by forgetfullness so as to enable it to accept this dream as real,... otherwise if the perfect soul is fully cogniscent it would not be able to play at being Lord and master of this world,....so the soul doesnt evolve, but it wakes up from the dream and becomes self realized (thats the meaning of self realization) to wake up from this dream and remember our eternal relationship with God our eternal friend and well wisher.(so the consciousness evolves from material to spiritual)<<<

Yes, it is all to REMEMBER who we are!
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 04:44
    Ok, good questions

The only spiritual thing about the aboriginies is that they acknowledged a power greater than themselves, (nature, the universe) so ...[text shortened]... erialistic, then the real purpose of the human form of life is lost to the atheistis propaganda.
    I got to like the fifth paragraph.

Ok, just betweeen you an me, let me tell you , I have met very spirtitual aborigonals peoples of Australia . I have met the "secret"people of the tribes that live at Ulluru. Of course you know they have over 300 hundred languages. And you may as well say three hundred different nations as well, except that they are all linked up in the "Dreamtime mythology"

Now it is up to the reader to consider whether these people could possibly be "spiritual", but to me that question would be preposterous. (From one who does not know the answer themselves already.)
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 08:061 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I got to like the fifth paragraph.

Ok, just betweeen you an me, let me tell you , I have met very spirtitual aborigonals peoples of Australia . I have met the "secret"people of the tribes that live at Ulluru. Of course you know they have over 300 hundred languages. And you may as well say three hundred different nations as well, except that they are uestion would be preposterous. (From one who does not know the answer themselves already.)
    Yes they are of the spiritual consciousness, but of the limited spiritual consciousness which allows them to have their dream time and to connect to the higher power that they perceive at that time, but because they were not able to access the Vedic literature at that time, they had to accept the understanding that was on their level.

After death they are afforded another birth and their spiritual consciousness may develope to a higher stage, and its really up to each and every individual where and when they want to seek self realization.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 10:03
    "Thou Shalt Not Kill"

At a monastic retreat near Paris, in July of 1973, Srila Prabhupada talked with Cardinal Jean Danielou: "... the Bible does not simply say, 'Do not kill the human being.' It says broadly, 'Thou shalt not kill.'... why do you interpret this to suit your own convenience?"

Srila Prabhupada: Jesus Christ said, "Thou shalt ...[text shortened]... HDG A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada.
    Had the writers intended the verb to be as general as you suggest, they would have used the Hebrew word 'harag'. The oldest extant versions of Exodus clearly use the verb 'ratsah' instead, which is always understood to mean killing as a criminal act, most commonly murder, and never of an animal.

Again, you declare yourself dishonest, foolish and incorrect.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 11:49
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Had the writers intended the verb to be as general as you suggest, they would have used the Hebrew word 'harag'. The oldest extant versions of Exodus clearly use the verb 'ratsah' instead, which is always understood to mean killing as a criminal act, most commonly murder, and never of an animal.

Again, you declare yourself dishonest, foolish and incorrect.
    its simply a fraudulent claim and second hand unsubstantiated opinion!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 12:18
    "Thou Shalt Not Kill"

At a monastic retreat near Paris, in July of 1973, Srila Prabhupada talked with Cardinal Jean Danielou: "... the Bible does not simply say, 'Do not kill the human being.' It says broadly, 'Thou shalt not kill.'... why do you interpret this to suit your own convenience?"

Srila Prabhupada: Jesus Christ said, "Thou shalt ...[text shortened]... HDG A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada.
    Give it a rest dude - live and let live eh?
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 22:23
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Give it a rest dude - live and let live eh?
    If the whole world was following the Vedic teachings we all could sit back and live and let live, but that is not the case and while I am at least around in this forum for a bit longer, I will present the Vedic truths to at least offer an alternative to the teachings of false religion and atheistic propaganda.
  10. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 22:35
    God BLESS you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree