1. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 11:111 edit
    Just a free translation based on Swami Gambhiranand's book " Eight Upanishads " published by Advaita Ashram, Kolkata, ISBN 81-7505-016-0.:- On completion of the studies at the forest school, the Guru gives this parting advice to his students who are about to enter the stage of being a householder. " Speak the Truth. Practice Righteousness. Do not neglect to study what should be further studied on your own. After paying my fees, go marry and see that you continue your lineage. Let your mother be a God to you. Let your father be a God to you. Let your teacher be a God to you. Let your guest be a God to you. Do those works which are not blameworthy. Not other works. From your teacher's actions, follow only those as examples which are commendable, not others. Give(as charity) with belief. Do not give in disbelief. Give with humility. Give in a friendly manner. If you ever feel doubts about what you should do, do what able,free persons desirous of Merit, skilled and adept in those matters might do."
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 21:44
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    Just a free translation based on Swami Gambhiranand's book " Eight Upanishads " published by Advaita Ashram, Kolkata, ISBN 81-7505-016-0.:- On completion of the studies at the forest school, the Guru gives this parting advice to his students who are about to enter the stage of being a householder. " Speak the Truth. Practice Righteousness. Do not neglect ...[text shortened]... do what able,free persons desirous of Merit, skilled and adept in those matters might do."
    Just a word of warning....

Any writings by Gambhirandand and Ramakrsna and Vivekananda on Advaita teaching supporting Shankara should be avoided.

These mayavadi teachings are poisonous and they are not authorized Vedic teachings which give the wrong conclusion of Vedanta.

This is a good example of those unauthorized Vedic teachings which you will find on-line - and that I have mentioned before.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '11 23:18
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Just a word of warning.... [...] These mayavadi teachings are poisonous and they are not authorized Vedic teachings which give the wrong conclusion of Vedanta.

This is a good example of those unauthorized Vedic teachings which you will find on-line - and that I have mentioned before.
    If you had wanted to be able to make "warnings" or pronouncements like this (in response to a respected poster like rvsakhadeo), and influence the thinking of others, wouldn't it have been wiser for you to have taken care - over the last year or so - to preserve your credibility in the eyes of this community instead of behaving in the way you have behaved?
  4. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 05:38
    Just a word of warning....

Any writings by Gambhirandand and Ramakrsna and Vivekananda on Advaita teaching supporting Shankara should be avoided.

These mayavadi teachings are poisonous and they are not authorized Vedic teachings which give the wrong conclusion of Vedanta.

Dasa, many posters here have bad-mouthed Hindu spiritualism, but nobody has ever termed these teachings as poisonous. I am a Hindu, do not belong to any sect, revere every person who had a glimpse of the Ultimate Reality/ Truth/ God. I say that the essence of every spiritual teaching is Love for all beings, indeed for the universe, which is the creation of God. I think you are disgracing the Hare Krsna movement. You are no Vaishnavite. Compassion is an emotion you are not even remotely aware of. If you are a sannyasi, time for you to go into solitude.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 05:47
    Dasa, many posters here have bad-mouthed Hindu spiritualism, but nobody has ever termed these teachings as poisonous. I am a Hindu, do not belong to any sect, revere every person who had a glimpse of the Ultimate Reality/ Truth/ God. I say that the essence of every spiritual teaching is Love for all beings, indeed for the universe, which is the creation o ...[text shortened]... ion you are not even remotely aware of. If you are a sannyasi, time for you to go into solitude.
    Do you know why they are poisonous?
  6. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 06:04
    Do you know why they are poisonous?
    If you call a translation of Taittiriya Upanishad as poisonous teaching, I have no interest in what you are saying.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 07:421 edit
    If you call a translation of Taittiriya Upanishad as poisonous teaching, I have no interest in what you are saying.
    So if Richard Dawkins translated the Taittiriya Upanishads would you accept it as authorized and authentic?

Its not the Taittiriya Upanishads that is in question but the people who translate it.
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 07:50
    So if Richard Dawkins translated the Taittiriya Upanishads would you accept it as authorized and authentic?

Its not the Taittiriya Upanishads that is in question but the people who translate it.
    I've said it more than once, and I say it again, "Dasa, you are verging on insanity!

Your own indoctrination has been thoroughly misled and from unkindred persons that you believe to be the be all and end all, and your lack of respect for legitimate posting is beyond incredulous!"

To ask such a pathetic 'if' question makes no sense whatsoever. It is a demented question, and holds no meaning to even ask .

-m.
  9. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 08:34

Yes. So long as the translation is absolutely true to the spirit of the original and accurate, it does not matter who translated it. By the way, translation is almost always a labour of love. No opponent will ever go the length of translating a book just for villifying it.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 15:14
    Yes. So long as the translation is absolutely true to the spirit of the original and accurate, it does not matter who translated it. By the way, translation is almost always a labour of love. No opponent will ever go the length of translating a book just for villifying it.
    Ramakrsna is a Mayavadi and anything he or his disciple translate is poisonous.

Why?

Because the Mayavadi denies the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the individual soul - and they teach that when liberated at death each person merges with God and becomes God themselves.

This false teaching is poisonous.

Many uninformed people think 'Vedanta' is synonymous with Sankaracarya's Mayavadi Advaita-Vedanta. But originally Vedanta meant Vaisnava-vedanta. The Vedanta-sutras were compiled by Vyasadeva, a Vaisnava. The Srimad Bhagavatam is the natural commentary on the Vedanta-sutra, written by Vyasadeva himself 5000 years ago.

The philosophy of Sankaracarya, is really just Buddhism in disguise, as explained by Padma Purana 6.236.7-11:

mayavadam asac chastram pracchanam bauddha ucyate
    mayaiva kathitam devi kalau brahmana rupina

"The doctrine of Maya (illusion) is a wicked doctrine and said to be pseudo Buddhist. I myself, of the form of a brahmana, proclaimed it in Kali (yuga)." apartham sruti vakyanam darsayan loka garhitam svakarma rupam tyajyatvam atra iva pratipadhyate "It shows the meaninglessness of the words of the holy texts and is condemned in the world. In this (doctrine) only the giving up of one's own duties is expounded."

sarva karma paribhrastair vaidharmmatvam tad ucyate
    paresa jiva paraikyam mayatu pratipadhyate

"And that is said to be religiousness by those who have fallen from all duties. I have propounded the identity of the Highest Lord and the (individual) soul." brahmanosya

svayam rUpam nirgunam vaksyate maya
    sarvasya jagato py atra mohana artham kalau yuge
    vedarthavan mahasastram mayaya yada vaidikam
    mayaiva kalpitam devi jagata nasa karanat

"I stated this Brahman's nature to be qualityless. O goddess, I myself have conceived, for the destruction of the worlds, and for deluding the world in this Kali age, the great doctrine resembling the purport of the Vedas, (but) non-Vedic due to the principle of Maya (illusion)

If you present mayavadi teaching in this forum I will be right behind you refuting it - for the benefit of the innocent person.
  11. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 15:30
    Ramakrsna is a Mayavadi and anything he or his disciple translate is poisonous.

Why?

Because the Mayavadi denies the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the individual soul - and they teach that when liberated at death each person merges with God and becomes God themselves.

This false teaching is poisonous.

Many uninformed people think 'Vedanta' is s ...[text shortened]... rum I will be right behind you refuting it - for the benefit of the innocent person.
    Ramakrishna Paramhans died in 1885. He did not translate anything as he was not schooled even in the usual vernacular way. Although he was terrifically brilliant, he dropped out of school after 3rd or 4th standard due to problem with maths, as he himself related later.Your ignorance about this extraordinary saint is abysmal. The translation of any Vedic work by anyone is to be welcomed so long it is faithful to the original and is accurate. Your perception of Shankaracharya is also equally deplorable.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '11 15:34
    Ramakrishna Paramhans died in 1885. He did not translate anything as he was not schooled even in the usual vernacular way. Although he was terrifically brilliant, he dropped out of school after 3rd or 4th standard due to problem with maths, as he himself related later.Your ignorance about this extraordinary saint is abysmal. The translation of any Vedic w ...[text shortened]... l to the original and is accurate. Your perception of Shankaracharya is also equally deplorable.
    They are mayavadi,s and are misleading the entire world by their foolish doctrine.

Do not be fooled by niceties.
  13. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 11:211 edit
    They are mayavadi,s and are misleading the entire world by their foolish doctrine.

Do not be fooled by niceties.
    On this thread, I will continue to post the translations made by many past and present great teachers, of the priceless thoughts contained in the Vedas and the Vedant. I will always quote the source. Some sources being books in Marathi, my mother tongue, may not be available on the net. I will simplify as I may think fit. So watch this space, all interested.
  14. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 11:43
    On this thread, I will continue to post the translations made by many past and present great teachers, of the priceless thoughts contained in the Vedas and the Vedant. I will always quote the source. Some sources being books in Marathi, my mother tongue, may not be available on the net. I will simplify as I may think fit. So watch this space, all interested.
    The three basic texts of the Vedant are the Upanishads,the Bhagavad Geeta, the Brahm Sutras. The Brahma Sutras are also called the Vedant Sutras, or Sharirak Sutras or Uttar-Mimamsa Sutras or Bhikshu Sutras.The three books together are called Prasthana Trayee, meaning foundational trilogy.
    These books along with the Vedas are the very core of Hindu Spiritualism as it exists today. But the Vedas are immense in volume and are in Vedic Sanskrit, a bit difficult form of Sanskrit not readily amenable to be translated. Best left to the experts.
    A popular Sanskrit verse compares the Upanishads to the cows, the Geeta to the milk, Shri Krishna as the milkman and Arjun the warrior as the calf, the persons thirsty of Vedantic knowledge as the partakers of the milk.
    So, on with it then,I hope you will enjoy. Do not get bothered by the Sanskrit words, I will minimize their appearance here.
  15. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 12:23
    The three basic texts of the Vedant are the Upanishads,the Bhagavad Geeta, the Brahm Sutras. The Brahma Sutras are also called the Vedant Sutras, or Sharirak Sutras or Uttar-Mimamsa Sutras or Bhikshu Sutras.The three books together are called Prasthana Trayee, meaning foundational trilogy.
    These books along with the Vedas are the very core of Hindu Spiri ...[text shortened]... ou will enjoy. Do not get bothered by the Sanskrit words, I will minimize their appearance here.
    Brahma Sutras is known as Vedanta Sutras because it is an aphoristic text on the Vedanta. It is known as the Sharirak Sutras because it deals with the nature of and the destiny of the 'embodied ' soul. It is known as Uttara-Mimamsa Sutras because it is an enquiry into the final sections of the Vedanta. It is known as the Bhikshu Sutras because the persons most competent to study it are the Bhikshus or the Sannyasins or the those who have formally renounced this world.
    The Brahma Sutras are in a cryptic form and their interpretations are themselves not easy to understand.The interpretations are voluminous and the best known interpretation known as Shankarbhashya is a thick book. I can do a summary of the introductions to the main book,Shankarbhashya, which is good enough to start a discussion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree