1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 21:26
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Where in the Bible does it say that God helps those who help themselves?
    Nowhere.🙂
  2. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 22:01
    So what does it mean to surrender unto the Lord? What is it you're surrendering? A spirit, a truth, an ideal?
  3. Forgotten
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 22:12
    i think they mean to surrender your freedom of choice
    to let "god" lead you ...to do "his" will and not your own
    it sure isnt my way of doing things anymore
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 22:12
    Originally posted by mokko
    So what does it mean to surrender unto the Lord? What is it you're surrendering? A spirit, a truth, an ideal?
    Your will. Before one is "saved", you do what you wish. You satisfy your desires. You are in charge.
    After one accepts Jesus as Lord, then He is in charge. We are to submit to His will found in the scriptures and/or as He speaks to your heart/spirit.

Rom 10:8-13
    8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
    9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
    10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
    12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
    13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
    (NKJ)

Rom 12:1-2
    1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
    2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
    (NKJ)

Eph 2:1-10

1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
    2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
    3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
    4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
    5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
    6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
    7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
    8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
    9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
    10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
    (NKJ)
  5. Forgotten
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 22:15
    i wonder how much others would like me to quote crowley or le vey
    just because something is written in the bible doesnt mean it is true
  6. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 22:17
    Let it go....let it go.What exactly are we letting go of here?If you have a visable problem is this what we are talking about here,cause what if God"who knows everything about a persons life"isn't even working in that area.Do people who are gay for example have to spend their lives trying to overcome something because a group of Christians are telling them to let it go.Therefore the advice is complete and total rubbish as the gay person ain't going to be living the life God wants them to because of Christians lack of intelegence in regards to what God's plans are for their life.Would you tell Jesus to stop turning over the tables in his church.Would you talk him out off dying on the cross for U.To me this does more harm than good as each of us are different in our personal relationship with Jesus and sometimes it is far more important to let Jesus take that control of peoples lives.Let it go.....Let live and live.Somewhere inbetween?Oh yes,I ain't gay...I just love them for what they have to put up with.
  7. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 23:17
    Originally posted by windmill
    Let it go....let it go.What exactly are we letting go of here?If you have a visable problem is this what we are talking about here,cause what if God"who knows everything about a persons life"isn't even working in that area.Do people who are gay for example have to spend their lives trying to overcome something because a group of Christians are telling th ...[text shortened]... ve.Somewhere inbetween?Oh yes,I ain't gay...I just love them for what they have to put up with.
    I'm not sure what is it that needs to be let go of, this is my whole point of trying to understand just what that means. It seems that sometimes taking actions against the will of God in our lives causes pain and suffering. If we are to rid ourselves of pain and suffering I've been told you need to let go and let God. I've read alot of helpful posts as far as providing different understandings to the same thing. I guess if you are a strong personality who is use to having control of every situation in life it's a difficult concept to come to terms with, this letting go. But I've heard that it's through the letting go and letting God that inner peace can be found even in difficult situations. So I'm interested in hearing the different interpretations of what it means to let go or to surrender oneself and ones life to the Lord.

I understand this by no means rids a person of painfull experiences in life. For myself personally I tend to argue extensively with God when things don't go in my favour according to my wishes. I guess it must coincide with faith and trust somehow. But I'm still not sure of what it is that needs to be let go of, other than balling up lifes troubles and tossing it up to the heavens. Handing over the problem for a greater source to resolve.
  8. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 23:421 edit
    I'm not sure what is it that needs to be let go of, this is my whole point of trying to understand just what that means. It seems that sometimes taking actions against the will of God in our lives causes pain and suffering. If we are to rid ourselves of pain and suffering I've been told you need to let go and let God. I've read alot of helpful posts as far ...[text shortened]... bles and tossing it up to the heavens. Handing over the problem for a greater source to resolve.
    I think the intended meaning was a judgment passed that it is selfish when we hold a grudge for a wrong that is done to us.I totally disagree as at times the reverse is true.If you let go then you are selfish in the fact you allow those wrongs to continue to others.
  9. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '05 23:44
    I'm not sure what is it that needs to be let go of, this is my whole point of trying to understand just what that means. It seems that sometimes taking actions against the will of God in our lives causes pain and suffering. If we are to rid ourselves of pain and suffering I've been told you need to let go and let God. I've read alot of helpful posts as far ...[text shortened]... bles and tossing it up to the heavens. Handing over the problem for a greater source to resolve.
    Oh yes...I like what you wrote.🙂
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '05 12:04
    Thanks for the link. I find it very difficult to sit and read through alot of the bible and come away with any real understanding of what I've just read. Hopefully this will provide some more insight. 🙂
    you are welcome mokko 😉

I hope it will work for you. Still searcing for a download, will post if i get it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree