1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Jun '12 10:04
    Originally posted by josephw
    And while you're at it, why don't you burn all the books in the world that say anything you don't agree with?

You haven't said anything new either. Why should anyone read your posts?
    Thats a false analogy.
    A better one would be don't read any more novels by the author of the worst three novels you have ever read.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '12 11:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    Good point.

Thing is, I don't read Dasa's posts, simply because they are really bad reading. I only reply once in a while when I find something I think is funny to say to some absurd statement he makes.

On the other hand, I don't see what all the fuss is about concerning RJ. While I may not agree with some of his theology, I find his posts reflect considerable knowledge and understanding of the Bible.
    there is faith and there is insanity.

while there can be merit in having faith in something (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone), keeping it in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is insanity and in my opinion contrary to god's will who told us to use our minds.

rjhinds doesn't debate, like dasa. rjhinds' posts are really bad reading like dasa's. like dasa, he doesn't argue, he communicates. when his opinions are proven to be wrong, he spouts some nonsense just to have the last word or flat out ignore his debate opponent.

honest debating is fun. you present your point and your opponent must try and dismantle it, or present counterpoints. it can be as fun as chess but only if all parties involved have a sense of fairplay.

many times, i am not that familiar with a topic. i haven't read the bible for example, so when we are debating issues, i take the time of looking up verses, wiki links, i google stuff. i then spend time presenting my point of view in a decent manner. in short, i put effort into debating. to have rjhinds spout "praise the lord, hallelujah" after one of his insane verdicts or flat out ignoring me is an insult to me and to anyone else who comes to this forum looking for a pleasant debate. (not for a chance to brag about being right, just the chance of a word fight). i (and many others) come to the debate with good intentions and he simply defecates on said good intentions.

after a while, it is just not worth it anymore and that is why i am ignoring him.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 08:20
    ignore him
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 09:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    ignore him
    I like him, at least his posts have content, sometimes, when he's not high on the unholy spirit.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 16:00
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    there is faith and there is insanity.

while there can be merit in having faith in something (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone), keeping it in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary is insanity and in my opinion contrary to god's will who told us to use our minds.

rjhinds doesn't debate, like dasa. rjhinds' posts are really bad reading like ...[text shortened]... .

after a while, it is just not worth it anymore and that is why i am ignoring him.
    "there is faith and there is insanity."

Is the difference between them, whether the public is accustomed to the accompanying behavior?
  6. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 16:46
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If they start a thread, ignore it, they have nothing new to say. Are you all in?

Personally I am through arguing with either one.
    No!

RJH is the biggest buffoon of a bigot I have ever come across, but, and it's a big but, he has a right to express his bizarre twaddle. Sometimes I can be bothered to rise to the bait, sometimes I can't, but to invite everyone to boycott him is as small minded as RJH.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 19:18
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I like him, at least his posts have content, sometimes, when he's not high on the unholy spirit.
    His posts have zero content; either outright lies or re-hashed opinion, sometimes both, but never new, never interesting, never insightful.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 19:22
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    No!

RJH is the biggest buffoon of a bigot I have ever come across, but, and it's a big but, he has a right to express his bizarre twaddle. Sometimes I can be bothered to rise to the bait, sometimes I can't, but to invite everyone to boycott him is as small minded as RJH.
    He has the right to express himself.
    I'm not talking about censorship.
    Just dont contribute to his threads or respond to his posts.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 19:34
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    His posts have zero content; either outright lies or re-hashed opinion, sometimes both, but never new, never interesting, never insightful.
    I disagree, when he posts third part excerpts from creationist web sights he
    occasionally stumbles upon some profound details.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    02 Jul '12 22:481 edit
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    No!

I disagree... if rjhinds has the right to crap all over these forums, then we have the right to show our contempt and arrange that his posts are not rewarded with acknowledgment. Yes I know ... two wrongs don't make a right - but neither does a wrong and a right make a right
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 01:091 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I disagree... if rjhinds has the right to crap all over these forums, then we have the right to show our contempt and arrange that his posts are not rewarded with acknowledgment. Yes I know ... two wrongs don't make a right - but neither does a wrong and a right make a right
    Sometimes a right and a right doesn't make a right either.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 01:10
    I thought it made a U turn...
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 01:22
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I couldn't help myself🙂
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 08:52
    they make a very short constitution.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Jul '12 12:07
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Rocky & Bullwinkle ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree