1. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 15:082 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Your assuming that evolution is the cause and the flow of how the eye got here
    was a steady flow of small changes.
    Kelly
    Yes.
    - and that “assumption “ that things evolve has already been scientifically proven.
    But what has that got to do with anything I put in that post?

I basically had pointed out the logical contradiction of what you apparently in-effect said ( by your “…Or, none of the above…” comment in response to all the possibilities I systematically pointed out ) which is that X didn’t come before Y and Y didn’t come before X and X and Y didn’t come at the same time where X is the formation of a light-absorbing pigment in a life form and Y is the formation of a “communication system” in a life form that allows a response to light detection.

So, I repeat my question that you haven’t answered which basically is:

If X didn’t come before Y and Y didn’t come before X and X and Y didn’t come at the same time then in what order did they come?

Whether you believe things evolved or not or whether you believe events X and Y happened as a result of divine intervention rather than evolution, surely logic dictates you must either believe X came before Y or Y came before X or X and Y came at the same time –right?
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '10 15:171 edit
    So you don't know how it happened, you don't know any of the details, you just
    know it did.
    Kelly
    “…So you don't know how it happened,…”

That is too simplistic. I said I am uncertain of the exact order of events that took place –but those events logically must have taken place in SOME order.

“…you don't know any of the details,..”

Wrong! I can deduce SOME but not all of the details.
    I can deduce that there was an event X and an event Y; it is just the order that is difficult to know.

“…you just know it did…”

Nope; I just use reason.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 02:23
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “…So you don't know how it happened,…”

That is too simplistic. I said I am uncertain of the exact order of events that took place –but those events logically must have taken place in SOME order.

“…you don't know any of the details,..”

Wrong! I can deduce SOME but not all of the details.
    I can deduce that there was an event X and an event Y; ...[text shortened]... t the order that is difficult to know.

“…you just know it did…”

Nope; I just use reason.
    I suits your belief system.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 07:491 edit
    I suits your belief system.
    Kelly
    ?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 13:08
    ?
    You have no reason to put one before the other outside of you believe one must
    come before the other. Your beliefs about this matter color your views on how
    it must of been done.
    Kelly
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 14:15
    it must of been done.
    Kelly
    How was it done then.

You seem so sure of how it wasn't done, explain to us how it was done please.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 14:37
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How was it done then.

You seem so sure of how it [b]wasn't
    done, explain to us how it was done please.[/b]
    Magic, of course.
  8. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    25 Aug '10 18:59
    it must of been done.
    Kelly
    This doesn’t answer my questions ( no surprises there ).
    Don’t you think it is rude to not answer somebodies questions when he answer yours ( at least when he understands them ) ?

“…You have no reason to put one before the other …”

I just said the reason, but, as usual, you just trash my posts. And I also didn’t totally rule out the two coming at the same time –I merely gave the reason why it would have been unlikely to happen at the same time.

“…OUTSIDE of you believe one must come before the other…” (my emphasis)

?

“…Your BELIEFS about this matter COLOR your views on how it must of been done….” (my emphasises)

My “BELIEFS” are that scientific facts, esp. those supported by a vast mountain of evidence, are facts.
    Therefore, I “believe” that evolution happens –that is not faith just as it is not faith to believe white light is made from mixing different colours.
    How can believing something that is proven “COLOR” my views?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 04:55
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How was it done then.

You seem so sure of how it [b]wasn't
    done, explain to us how it was done please.[/b]
    I don't believe you can acquire the level of functional complexities in life by random
    changes in DNA over time. I think it is too much to believe anything other than all
    the systems were built at the same time working in unison. There is just too much
    that has to happen just right for it to be anything other than by design. I can
    point to several things around us today to show it can be done, I cannot point to
    a single thing at any time showing us what is being proposed occurred through
    evolution. The only thing I'm aware of that comes close is some software programs
    that basically by design were setup to do so, but again that was by design.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 04:57
    Yes.
    - and that “assumption “ that things evolve has already been scientifically proven.
    But what has that got to do with anything I put in that post?

I basically had pointed out the logical contradiction of what you apparently in-effect said ( by your “…Or, none of the above…” comment in response to all the possibilities I systematically point ...[text shortened]... must either believe X came before Y or Y came before X or X and Y came at the same time –right?
    "Whether you believe things evolved or not or whether you believe events X and Y happened as a result of divine intervention rather than evolution, surely logic dictates you must either believe X came before Y or Y came before X or X and Y came at the same time –right?"

Yea
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 04:59
    I don't believe you can acquire the level of functional complexities in life by random
    changes in DNA over time. I think it is too much to believe anything other than all
    the systems were built at the same time working in unison. There is just too much
    point to several thing ...[text shortened]... e programs
    Kelly
    You do believe in the existance of DNA? Surprised...
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 06:06
    that has to happen just right for it to be anything other than by design.
    That is because you still don't understand the basic concepts of evolution. You don't accept the fact that small random changes if selected by a process result in large seemingly improbable changes over time.
    You also believe things to be improbable even when you don't actually have any idea how probable or improbable they really are. In other words you make your conclusion without any data.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 11:02
    point to several thing ...[text shortened]... e programs
    Kelly
    You explained to me again how it didn't happen. I won't to know how it did happen.

How did God makes eyes?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 12:38
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That is because you still don't understand the basic concepts of evolution. You don't accept the fact that small random changes if selected by a process result in large seemingly improbable changes over time.
    You also believe things to be improbable even when you don't actually have any idea how probable or improbable they really are. In other words you make your conclusion without any data.
    Please, do you really think anyone who disagrees doesn't understand the concepts
    of evolution, that is very arrogant of you, suggesting the uniformed and ignorant
    would disagree with you, why go there? Why can’t you just accept it that even
    people who gasp the basic concepts simply not accept them as gospel as you do,
    we can agree to disagree. I have told you I have seen complex devices made and
    rev'd I see the time and effort it takes to do these things, so I have a great
    respect for complex systems and how they are put together and tested. Even
    finding design flaws is a huge undertaking, so seeing you and others here claim
    all you need to do is look at something you think doesn't work is enough for you
    to ID one caused me to laugh out loud. You are welcome to you beliefs, I'll not
    question them any more here.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    26 Aug '10 18:20
    Please, do you really think anyone who disagrees doesn't understand the concepts
    of evolution, that is very arrogant of you, suggesting the uniformed and ignorant
    would disagree with you, why go there? Why can’t you just accept it that even
    people who gasp the basic concepts simply not accept them as gospel as you do,
    we can agree to disagree. I have t ...[text shortened]... augh out loud. You are welcome to you beliefs, I'll not
    question them any more here.
    Kelly
    “…Even finding design flaws is a huge undertaking…”

That depends on how obvious the flaw is.
    What if the flaw is a extremely stupid glaringly obvious design flaw?
    Would recognising such a stupid obvious flaw be a “huge undertaking” or would it only require common sense? We have throughout these forums given you numerous examples of just such obvious flaws ( both actual and in nature and hypothetical such as inside a CPU ) that takes very little intelligence to recognise and some could even be recognised by a halfwit layperson -Your reasoning is debunked.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree